Sprite-gags

it was a complament…

Oh. Erm… well… I… crap… I…

>_>
<_<

runs

K seriously, sorry about that. There were several things that picked on the constant “our princess is in another castle” that I’d seen (none exactly like mine, though) so I kinda assumed it was sarcasm. My apologies.

Dont even worry about it.

Yeah, the comic’s ok, but I’m sure someone else probably already did it.

About the rifle, I first need to ask if you’re going to work on it anymore.

I don’t know. Really, I sprite and make sprite-gags whenever the urge takes me - and I’m not swamped in real-life stuff. Why do you ask?

So you can use them in your comics, duh :smiley: Hey wait a minute, I just gave you my idea… (hint, hint)

Heh. I’m not sure if I could use it in any of the situations I’d use in my sprite-gags, but it WOULD kinda be fun to have Mega Man running around with an oversized (in comparison) M16. Maybe not horribly funny, but fun!

I’ve fixed up my M16 sprites more. I used a photo of an actual M16 to help - it’s more accurate now. It’s even got the grenade-sight thingy above the barrel, and the second trigger for the grenade launcher, and several other minor things.

For your reference, here’s an actual M16 with M203 grenade launcher: (Well, not really a real-life photo, but a CGed, yet accurate, one)

there renders…nice…

Are you going to add shading?

Eventually, maybe.

Small note about the M-16 is that the upper part of the barrel, with the little dots, is only on the M-203. It’s actually part of the grenade launcher attachment–your older M-16(no GL) was more accurate, because the only sprite that should have the dots is the '203.

Um, outlines have to be darker than a sprite. You can’t outline something black with light grey. And you aren’t supposed to use solid black. Just use dark greys shaded with a darker grey…

The gun itself seems kinda fat and not very … I dunno, it just looks distorted.

Yeah, I just found that out just before I came here. Oops. :blush:

Yeah, I need to shave off a couple of pixels from the main body of the gun and fix some of the distortyness…

Yeah, the light grey wasn’t a very good choice, but in MSPaint, I didn’t think that custom palettes were saved in a GIF, so I couldn’t create a darker shade of black, or have a dark shade of grey dark enough so it still looks primrarily black. Maybe PNG will work, though - anyway, when I have time I’ll fix up these things. (And if I have time/patience I might add some shading)

Thanks for your feedback.

Edit: Ah well, I have time, so I went back and fixed the outline and barrel. I think it looks better now. (Apparently you can save custom colors in a PNG yaaaaayy! :smiley:) I still don’t have time to add the shading and fix the main body >_<.

Version 4, coming up:

Never use gifs with paint for any reason. Period. Or jpeg. Or bitmap. Png is the only format sprites should ever go in. Just a tip.

Why are you still using black and a light border?

I’m not using a light border. I’m using a very dark grey which is nearly black as the border.

I know you said to change the gun ITSELF to a near black and the outline to actual black, but it was a quick job, events interfered, and Paint kept screwing things up >_<. So I did it this way as a stopgap.

I’ll follow your advice fully when I have a chance. Remember, the sprite itself is still in progress.

Again. A border can NOT be lighter than the interior. Regardless of how dark grey it is, that is a light border because the interior is jet black, which, incidentally, is another thing that you can NOT do. No, I did not say make the outline actual black. DO NOT USE ACTUAL BLACK.

I’m aware. It’s just a stopgap measure. I will change the black to really dark grey and the border to black, like you said - but not only do I not have the time here (I have time for one quick post, but not fixing the sprites, uploading them etc.), I’m not in a position I’m able to fix them anyway.

As soon as I have both the time and the opportunity, the sprite’s border and main color will be fixed according to your advice. Okay?

That looks prety good but the canter looks very wide and the end of the beral looks to pointed

Please stop bumping really old topics.