Super smash bros. Brawl

Ridley, playable?
Doubtfull, IMO, but I want it!
I want it lots!
IRidley as an assist would be good, if done well.

Why is it doubtful? Dedede proves that heavy characters with flying work, Kirby and Bowser prove that extreme sizes don’t matter, and Ridley has two stages and a song.

Metroid is just about the only long-running series with only a single combatant representative (F-Zero aside, and since Blood Falcon is sorta playable in a way, complete with new costume logos, meh), and Ridley’s the only one that would really work–no one likes the Hunters, Dark Samus would just be a Fox clone, and there really are no other established characters that could be a Smasher.

It would be so so good if you could play as Ridly or Dark samus I hope they make it possibal but as PY said it’s very unlikly. :cry:

Well I definetly wouldn’t call Orpheon Ridley’s stage, but I don’t see any good reason for Norfair if Ridley isn’t playable. He’ll DEFINETLY be a boss if he’s not playable.

Dark Samus wouldn’t HAVE to be a clone of fox, though I see why you say she’d be similar. I think she would be more of a cross between Mewtwo, Fox, and Samus.

Size isn’t enough to make it doubtful. Ridley’s just FAAAAAAAAAAR to popular to not be playable. If you’d ever been to the Nsider forums, you’d know.

Why not? He was onboard the ship, after all, during his transformation process. That was the location of all of his modifications, upgrades, his stasis pod area thing…

Meh.

Every Metroid stage revealed so far has been Ridley’s home at one time. I think that’s quite a sign they’re trying to make the stages accommodate both Metroid characters.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d lurve ridley, but…
He’s like, 4-5 times bigger that samus, and she ain’t tiny!
He’d have trouble moving around the stage, never mind not being hit!

Phazon Yoshi your argument is quite illogical. Ridley has not always been that large…in the first Metroid his size was approximately equal to Samus’s and in the other games it has varied greatly. Additionally in the short video in the beginning of Melee, the Ridley that Samus is battling is not ridiculously huge. And as is the cases with Bowser and Ganondorf, it is entirely possible to resize characters for these kinds of games.

(P.S. I don’t do drugs. I do cereal.)

Canonically, Kirby is 8 inches tall.

Bowser has been everywhere from 7 to 100 feet tall.

SIZE DOES NOT MATTER IN SMASHWORLD.

Yeah, it really doesn’t.

Very few of the characters are actually relative.

Mewtwo is technically 7 foot. Samus is 6’ 2. Link is like 5’8.

But they’re all pretty much the same height in game.

Yeah, but Metroid prime fans probably wouldn’t associate it with Ridley, since PQ was the boss (and appears in the background).

I think this may be the case, but based on evidence (and to back up previous statement), It’s very unlikely that we’ll be playing as Meta Ridley. Samus and Zero suit samus are zero mission version, so it’s likely that Ridley will be as well, though I don’t rule out Meta ridley (even as not an alternate costume).

Heh…I like the word Smashworld.

Stupid moments aside, I concur with Daz. Ridley just too big of a favorite to not be a character. But, even if he’s not a character, he will definitely be a boss and/or an assist trophy.

I can’t wait for this game.

Well, maybe Meta Ridley would be a final smash or something. I doubt it’d be a costume, though–their abilities are too different, and their wing sizes are completely opposite: one’s are tiny, the other’s massive. It just wouldn’t work.

Good point, kirby is a tad tall.
I still don’t think Ridley will be a character, though a boss/assist is definately possible.

Yeah, Final smash would be cool, I’d like that if anything.

Technically, MZM’s ridley’s wings are the same size (as seen in cutscenes) as Meta Ridley’s so that wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

But they’ll probably use small winged Ridley anyway, for the sake of keeping the character compact.

They’re bigger in cutscenes, but Meta’s are enormous. It just doesn’t work.

Plus, Melee’s Ridley had really tiny wings. >_>

Never mind that they have COMPLETELY different movesets.

Tiny wings?

I see your point, but I think they could compromise to where wing size wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Sure, movesets could be enough reason, that’s why he’d be better as a final smash or something.

I think I was thinking of the original N64 SSB. They basically just used Super’s sprite, whose wings WERE miniscule. >_>

But either way those pale in comparison to Meta’s.

Yeah, but if they’re big enough to where if they shrinked Meta Ridley’s, he wouldn’t look Ridiculous. And if it was his final smash, it wouldn’t matter if his wings got a little bigger.

the subheading

is a horribly monsterous misjustice!

there’s not even weekly updates in this thread! i demand an explanation^^;

points to his avatar

Fridays update…sucked. They barely showed ANY new scenes. Way to dissapoint. >_<