The cactus project

What, making spikes on ourselves is a good boundary?
OK, fair enough…
You have to think though, those people would have to live lives.

Stem Cells? Where’s you been?

We can technically recreate any organ of any person, and get them a transplant.
But we’re not going to jump into those things without thoroughly testing them, we’ve have to make sure the cloned cells STAY noncancerous.

What? whatever you were trying to say, I missed it.

I don’t think your example is any better this time around.
Films and movies DON’T STRESS reality. Period.
They try to MAKE IT BELIEVABLE, that’s the idea. But they dont stress reality.
They make us believe some things are possible, when even if they are, there’s NO way they would happen that way, because they ignore facts or variables.

For example, Jurassic park couldn’t happen because there are NO dinosaur cells complete enough to create an embryo.

If I am Legend happened, the infected would have all starved after a couple months, especially, with higher metabolisms (since they hyperventilate). So the problem would have solved itself, 99 percent of the human population would be dead, no problem.
And even then, I rabies kills things quickly as it is, no virus could turn humans into Zombies/etc…

Movies distort reality, that’s why some people believe ridiculous things are possible.

edit: And why the hell would we want spikes on ourselves? If it became a fashion thing, you’d need a liscense if it ever became legal.

Oh, stem cells. <_<
I thought it was something I’d missed…
Stress and distory are synonyms in my dictionary.
My 1984 point was poorly made.
Put it like this, if people had thought that 1984 (the book) would come true, then the CCTV camera would not be as widespread as it is now, as people wouldn be terrified of the government (or ‘Them’) spying on us all.

Wow…I was gone for a day and my argument was ripped to shreds and misinterpreted.

Ok, let me put this clearly. Genetic mutation of ourselves or our environment is a bad idea. It has some advantages, but it also has clear disadvantages.

I know the T-virus isn’t real, but considering how many private companies that are real that could be doing that sort of thing, it could become very real.

Movies may not be the best reference, but movies also give us insight into what could potentially happen provided we continue screwing with nature. Movies don’t always provide with every variable, but most of the time they do. It’s correct that they don’t stress reality, but movies like Resident Evil (surprisingly) do. Once again, given the number of private companies there are doing this kind of research, it’s only a matter of time until something like the movie could occur, and although it’s unlikely, it’s a possibility.

On another note, stem cells are not genetic manipulations. They are the production of cells made to service a specific function, but instead of this occurring naturally, we grow them at an accelerated rate, which could be problematic, but you addressed that point. We aren’t manipulating the genetic structure at all. We just let the cells grow into a mature organ. Then we transplant them. Well, not yet, anyways, but hopefully soon.

Red, that’s really hypocritical of you. You referenced I Am Legend the same way I referenced other worse-case scenario movies. Also, you apparently never saw AI. I wasn’t just one AI. It was several. It was like I Robot, but instead of robots, they were Artificial Intelligence. They had the potential to overrun the planet, and at one point, I think they did. And just to make a point, in I Am Legend, the mutated humans could have easily survived by eating animals, each other, or even carcasses that had been rotting away for some time.

Look, I’m not looking to start an argument, all I’m saying is that when you do something as pointless as put human hair on a cactus, you’re just trying to say: “Hey look! I did something that people say only god can do!”

Oops, missed one little part. Red, I never said that all Christians would try to kill you. I said that radicals that do exist would. I take it you know about car bombers or the hijackers in 9/11? Well, they were doing that for a religion. So why would radical Christians be any different when it came to their religion being disproved? You even said that according to Christians, there is no Iron Clad proof that God doesn’t exist. So if we presented actual proof, that couldn’t be disproven, those radicals would more than likely try to kill whoever said God didn’t exist.

What if they grow spikes on a turtle? Wouldn’t they’ve made a Geemer? :slight_smile:

I ripped to shreads what you said, I dont know if that was your argument, we’ll find out.

Clear disadvantages like what?

Like which ones? What private companies?

When I said that movies are distorting our vision of reality, I was right. You think some company is suddenly gonna start manipulating viruses? It doesn’t work like that.

Sci Fi=/=Reality

See, this is your problem. You can’t distinguish reality from sci fi.

Who told you about these companies? What private companies? There’s doing research, then there’s mutating viruses for the hell of it.
Sure, if you can back up your claims, I might not say what you’re saying is absolutely rediculous. You honestly think just anyone can get themselves on samples of a virus like smallpox to genetically manipulate?

And stress reality? Most of the time?

Movies are designed to CONVINCE YOU that they’re possible.

Godzilla had us all thinking that nuclear waste could turn animals into monsters. There’s practically NO plausible science in there. At least not enough to make it realistic.
Armaggedon had us beleiving that we could blow up an asteroid with a nuke.
Jaws told us that sharks are ruthless killers to the point where people abandoned beaches.

All of which is bullshit. My point is that movies distort reality, and do a damn good job of it.

I never said they were, and If I did, please go back and correct me, because Im sure I didn’t. I was referring to curing cancer.

I used I am legend to prove that those kinds of things are IMPOSSIBLE, Im pretty sure you did the opposite.

Do you think the mutated humans could survive for 3 motherfucking years on dying carcasses? The population of humans on the planet would exterminate the remaining life in months, what would the eat after that?

Real plausible.

But that’s not what you’re trying to say. YOu’re trying to say,

“This is possible, what else can we do?”

No, I said according to EVERYONE, there’s no way to prove that god doesn’t exist. There’s technically NOTHING you can do to disprove god exists, so there’s NO SUCH THING as actual proof.

And in christianity, I’m pretty sure that you don’t go to heaven if you kill yourself (catholics at least). Nobody can disprove Christianity, but even if they did, there wouldn’t be much violence.

But most importantly, The terrorists were attacking a country, they’d be attacking people who dont beleive in god, and you can’t tell by looking at people.
And no, another holocaust wouldn’t happen in increasingly liberal america.

Please tell me you don’t mean anything in that last post. Because 90% of it is bullshit.

First, If I called it my argument, then it’s obviously my argument.

Next, clear disadvantages, such as say, I don’t know, causing some byproduct that could cause an outbreak of a new virus?

Exactly. Private companies, like what? Like, say, the one that my Dad has worked at for the last 5 years. Or maybe the one down the street that’s built UNDER the ground. That’s right, there is no proof that it exists, except for a parking lot and a small office with an elevator in it. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of companies like those doing research that could be harmful to us. Furthermore, I never said they were just starting to manipulate viruses, I said that they already were.

I can distinguish reality from sci-fi pretty damn well. Don’t tell me what I can and can’t do. Trust me. I know myself. I meant the science behind Resident Evil. If we could potentially reanimate the dead, then we could bring people back to life, BUT I highly doubt the outcome would be as grotesque as Resident Evil. But my point was the science behind Resident Evil’s zombie outbreak was plausible, if not possible.

I know that’s the point of movies. Sci-fi flicks, however, sometimes cross from impossible to just implausible.

That’s what you said, and I simply assumed you meant Stem Cells were genetically manipulated, considering you put that in parenthesis after the words Genetic Manipulation.

I said they would survive on wildlife, carcasses, and even each other. You simply got “eat dead carcasses” out of that.

That is NOT what I was trying to say. At all. What I’m trying to say is that messing with nature is just a bad idea. Let it run it’s course without interference from humans.

And last, did you ever learn about the Christian religion’s history? The damn thing was founded on violence, murder, pillaging, and plenty of other “sinful” things. All polytheistic religions were at one point under siege or taken over by Christians. And I mean that literally. Christians killed several people who worshiped more than one god, claiming that the only “true” god was their own. Now think if we were somehow able to disprove the existence of that god.

Did I ever say anything about killing themselves? I said killing others, even if that means death in the process. And radicals would be way more willing than just the average Christian as well.

Have you ever been to a very avid church? I’ve been to two such churches claiming that non-believers will be smote from the spot they stand when Jesus returns. That the god they worship is a wrathful god, who will kill those who don’t worship him. Even though the actual Christian would say that that’s wrong, these people believe their “Christian” pastor. They follow his leadership. And if god were disproven, they would die for his leadership.

Furthermore, Car bombs aren’t targeting a country, they’re targeting people. The leader (whoever’s running it now) of Al-Qaeda says to car bombers (essentially): “Kill these people for your god.”

Once again, my argument was misinterpreted.

The only misinterpreted argument is the poorly written argument.
By that, I do not mean your argument is bad, just that you failed to put it across well.

Christians killed people a long time ago, I like to think that society has moved on.

Just because there are companies built underground doesn’t mean they’re evil! It just means that they can have a larger space, without disturbing things on the surface. Its not a secrecy measure, its a practical measure.

Funny, I dont recall any bullshit.

I dunno, if you dont write it properly, then it’s not you’re argument, it’s a poorly written manifestation of what you were trying to get across. You missed my sarcasm.

And you get mad when I say you can’t distinguish Sci fi and real life. There are things called regulations, and this thing called the government shuts you down when you dont follow them.
I promise you people aren’t quite as stupid about diseases as you think. The security measures are redundant to make sure nothing gets out.

But of course, you think it’s a movie where something’s bound to go wrong.

Oh, because they’re obviously some shady underground business creating bioweapons.
And reasearch that can be harmful to us? Do you think random viruses suddenly turn deadly? I assure, you there’s working with ordinary bacteria, than there’s working with deadly stuff. And I GUARANTEE there are only a FEW facilities that operate on viruses like Ecoli, smallpox, and Birdflu. And these facilities are under the strictest regulations anywhere.
And I assure you, if we’ve been doing it this long, there’s obviously nothing too shady or dangerous going on, and it’s definetly not out of control.

That’s the attitude that leaves people ignorant. I’m open minded, and I’m willing to accept when I’m wrong. But I haven’t heard anything logical from you yet. And no, I dont trust you to know yourself, because that’s where blindness comes from.

The “Science behind resident evil?” What’s logical about the science behind resident evil. Nothing. Bringing a person back to life probably isn’t impossible, but we’ve gotten just about NO WHERE trying. There’s NO proven science in reanimating a dead body, and if there is, please show me, because I havent heard about it. If you brought people back to life, HOW THE FUCK would they become zombies anyway? I dont see why they wouldn’t be normal people.

NO SCIENCE.

Yeah, like Resident evil.

Parentheses? Where? You made a wrong assumption there.

They wouldn’t even survive for 3 years on each other. With a metabolism like they have (which they would HAVE TO have, due to hyperventilation)

There you go.

Okay, I made a mistake there. I meant “that’s what the people who genetically manipulate animals are trying to do”. They’re trying to push the boundaries of mankind.

I’m an atheist for starters, and I know exactly what christians did.

Human nature doesn’t change much, but American christians wont do shit. Sure, the pope and some people in Europe might get a little mad, but most of the genetic alterations will start here anyway, so I don’t see a genocide or holocaust happening.

Killing others is a sin to my knowledge. There are people who will be willing to go to extremes, but like I said, how the hell would they know who to kill “other than people who alter themselves visibly”. Those people will be persecuted, but so were africans, Jews, and Gays. We accept those people now (for the most part), and the same thing will happen.

The average christian is a fucking hypocrite, but they probably wont do shit either.

Well god isn’t coming down because he doesn’t exist, and that’s likely what they’ll wait for. I can’t see a pastor convincing people to kill each other, just saying.

And yeah, the Christian god reminds me of hitler.

But there isn’t an Al queda (christian) organization in America and the government wouldn’t let one start, so there goes the rest of that argument.

Once again, you’re argument was poorly written.

pumps self full of EVE, equips fire plasmid, sets thread on fire

Zombies? Real? Lulz.

First off, I doubt that my argument is that poor. Considering how much debating I do and my point gets across, I must say that it is merely misinterpreted.

Ok, now you’re just being ignorant. I am giving worse case scenarios. You’re saying I’m an idiot who can’t distinguish reality from fiction. Can regulations stop an unknown byproduct from becoming lethal? The government sure as hell couldn’t stop influenza during the outbreak in the 1911-17 pandemic years.

Ok, are you acting like you don’t know biology, because that’s ridiculous. They aren’t random viruses, they’re retroviruses. And they mutate. A lot. The flu is a retrovirus. Why do you think we get vaccinated every year? And what about AIDS? That’s a retrovirus that changes every couple of cells. That’s really, really fast, in other words. Any one of those mutations could become extremely deadly, extremely fast.

But you ADMIT that SOME are doing this kind of research, thus validating my argument.

You say there’s no science behind Resident Evil?

What about this:

I’m pretty sure that qualifies as science.

Well, I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic about those questions, but the parentheses you put in. The ones after genetic manipulation.

You still haven’t addressed WILDLIFE. You know, deer, dogs, animals?

Right there. There’s your mistake. Human nature doesn’t change much, and yet you assume that American Christians won’t do anything.

Furthermore, I never said that this “genocide” would start immediately. It would most likely take about a decade to set in.

Did you see The Mist? The Christian Radical (can’t remember her name) convinced an entire store of people that she was “A vessel from god.” Once she was in that position, she convinced these non-church going people to kill the “Non-believers.” Sure, that was in a movie, but the principle of it remains the same. People who provide leadership are supported until proven to be “evil.” That leadership is followed, and the worst part is that anyone can succumb to it. You have to be smart, you have to be able to think for yourself, otherwise, your done for.

Uh…freedom of religion? The government is saying with open arms “take us over and convince us your god is the one true god.” Hell, even the pledge of allegiance has the words “Under God” in it.

Furthermore, you dismissed my argument about Christian radicals completely before taking a second to think about what our country was founded on, and what our rights were.

The problem here isn’t that my arguments are poorly written, it’s that you decide to break them apart until they don’t make any sense. My arguments need to be taken as a whole, otherwise, they don’t make any sense to anyone except me. That’s why I hate paragraphing my posts, it makes my post seen too broken. Then, it allows others to pick it apart like buzzards on a carcass.

You “doubt” your argument is poor. No, it doesnt mean how much debating you do if you can’t do it RIGHT. You’re not being misinterpreted, you’re either unskilled at channeling thoughts into text, or say that whenever I disprove your theory.

Funny, you didnt say that earlier. I’m pretty sure you were being paranoid about it instead.

Lol, Smallpox is lethal. We have it in labs, why hasn’t it gotten out? The same reason that even if some weird byproduct became lethal, it wouldn’t matter, because it would be controlled.
You’ve ALREADY skipped to science fiction movies by assuming that lethal viruses are bound to get out. We have TONS of lethal compounds of our OWN DESIGN that arevery well contained, for good reason.

Oh, and we have this thing called modern medicine. 100 we didnt even have penicilin. Of course we couldn’t do shit. We already have enough Birdflu vaccine for the Entire US if there’s an outbreak. The viruses we’ve created arent going to get out, and viruses that are out arent suddenly going to mutate into something unstoppable.

And the flu doesn’t kill people very often. A virus like the flu isn’t going to suddenly become unstoppable. If the flu mutates, we’ll just continue battling it.

And AIDS? That’s an STD son. It’s not going to become airborne. Even mosquito s cant spread it.

Deadly? Fast? The common cold isn’t going to suddenly become something we can’t stop. The flu’s been around for ages, it’s not going to decide to kill us all off.

I admit that some are doing this kind of reasearch, but it doesnt validate your point. If it’s not going to kill us, then it doesnt mean shit.

That definetly DOESNT qualify as science.

Trying to bring someone back and scientific proof that you can bring someone back are completely different. There’s NO proof you can bring someone back from the dead, no science.

Copy and paste where I said that, then we’ll talk.

Makes no difference. 5.94 billion mutant people would kill off all the animals on the planet in a fucking year.

There you go.

Because this is america. I dunno what people are taught in other countries, but people HERE know about the holocaust, the crusades, and shit. And Christians of all people arent stupid enough to try to wage some holy war against the government and hertics. I can see that failing in about 2 hours.

What, after time for christians to get used to the ideas?

Hell, for starters, I said it’s impossible to disprove gods existence anyway, but they’d probably stop caring by then. You know america, something is a hot debate issue for a year, then it’s gone.

Haha, ANOTHER MOVIE.
NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT FUCKING MIND WOULD BELEIVE SOME WOMAN WHO SAID SHE WAS A VESSEL FROM GOD.
The principles dont remain shit. People will only listen to people with credible evidence or power, as in politicians, preachers or scientists. And nobody would beleive a preacher saying he’s been sent from god.

You dont have to be smart, you have to NOT BE STUPID.

There’s a godamn big difference between people organizing to kill people and religion.
People are too concerned with material things to bother with that shit anyway.

And the pledge of allegiance doesn’t mean anything, half the kids at my school dont know it.

When was our country founded? AGES AGO.

America is the most racially diverse country on the planet, things arent all thomas jefferson anymore. Tons of americans hate america, others blindly support it, but what our country was founded on is absolutely meaningless.

Lol, that’s real funny.

If you can’t support individual parts of your argument, then it IS poorly written. The point of arguing is to find loopholes and weaknesses in your opponents arguement.
If your arguements only make sense to you it’s because they suck. So if you cant support individual parts of your arguement, then your argument sucks.

And you just got done saying you know how to argue, apparently not.

To be honest, I’m suprised at how much disguised flaming there is in that post, and how you can’t seem to understand my argument. If I were unskilled at channeling thoughts into text, as you say it, then what the hell am I doing on a forum, the very point of is to explain your thoughts?

Heh, we have smallpox in labs. Right. We have it in government facilities, where it is in a state of deep freeze. There is no possible chance it’s getting out. Not to mention I never said a single thing about smallpox.

Considering I’m a living individual, I’m pretty sure I know what modern medicine is. There’s no need to patronize me. Do you mean the year 100? Because as far as I know, penicillin wasn’t discovered until the late 1800’s/ early 1900’s.

Also, I never said they would mutate into something unstoppable, nor did I say all viruses mutate. I basically said that if a retrovirus were to get out, AND if it were to mutate into a different strain, we would have little or no control over it.

If I remember correctly, the flu killed thousands of people in the 1911-1917 epidemic. Why? Because it mutated into a different strain that the government didn’t have a cure for. Hell, the black plague was a mutated form of the influenza virus. And that wiped out over a quarter of Europe.

AIDS is a STD that continually mutates to prevent the immune system from ever constructing an antibody. AIDS also attacks the immune system, which makes way for other viruses to infect the body and destroy our cells. Next time, look up AIDS.

See, there’s the problem with your argument. You’re convinced it won’t kill us. All I’m saying is that maybe, just maybe, the work they’re doing could cause a virus to escape into the population, which could cause an outbreak of an unknown virus. HOWEVER, if these companies have already taken steps to counter-act such an event from happening, some of which haven’t, then there’s nothing to worry about. But some haven’t. That’s the problem.

If we can activate the spinal column, which is possible, after death, then we could potentially bring recently-deceased people back to life. There’s your science. You don’t need proof for it to be science. Look at gravity. There is no proof that gravity exists, it’s just a THEORY. That’s all science really is. Coming up with theories, testing said theories, and proving those theories true.

The end of the second post on the second page. Your post. Explain to me how I could’ve assumed other than what I did.

5.94 billion? How on earth, heaven, or hell did you get that number? There are about 7 million people on earth right now. In I Am Legend, Will Smith said that 10% of that survived and turned into mutants. According to my math, that equals about 700,000 mutants. I doubt that they could kill all wildlife on the planet in a year, or three years, or a decade, or maybe even half a century.

Considering I live in America, I don’t know why your being so blatant about living here.

Just because we know about the Holocaust and Crusades doesn’t mean we can use that knowledge. Some people do, for good and bad. Remember the Columbine shootings? Well, the two gunmen did that for Hitler. Hitler, of all people. They considered him a role model. A fucking role model. And I bet they wouldn’t have known about him if the school system didn’t drive him so hard into our heads.

Furthermore, considering how many open protests there are in America, I’m betting it would take D.C. a little while to round up every radical Christian there is out there.

You wanna bet? I’ve seen a pastor who said that God put him on earth so that he could explain god’s word to his disciples. He called that church his DISCIPLES. It seems pretty easy to convince someone something. Really easy. Hell, I could probably convince my dad that Bush killed two family members. It wouldn’t be too difficult, considering he doesn’t think much. He let’s others think for him. Hell, he can’t even finish two sentences. Not to mention he’s a drunk.

Ages? Try about 240 years ago. Not too long. Not even 300 years.

I’m sorry, I have to ask, if these Americans hate America, then why don’t they leave?

So, you’re basically saying what our founding fathers had to say was pointless? That life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness don’t matter anymore? Well, I guess we might as well let the communist government take us over then. After all, liberty is out the window. And we might as well kill ourselves, considering life has no meaning.
>_>
What a load of bull.

Seeing as how I’m supporting individual parts of my argument right now, I’m guessing that just screws your point over.

That’s really not the point of arguing. At all. The point of arguing (debating) is to sway the other side’s opinion.

The reason my arguments only make sense to me is because people can’t actually analyze my side of said arguments. The reason for that is most likely laziness.

And I already addressed your other point.

Seeing as how your still arguing against me, I’d say I know how to argue pretty damn well. And considering that you’re still misinterpreting a lot of my argument, I’d go as far to say that your not being very observant.

Suggestions:
A.) Less flaming. If someone’s not getting something, you’re not going to convince them with insults. Less disparaging and belittling, too, since it’s the same as flaming but less obvious.
B.) Less discussion of debating, arguments, getting points across clearly, etc. Show by example.
C.) Sources can be very helpful. “I’m pretty sure this” and “IIRC that” don’t really fly, even if you take off the “I think so” part. Get the real facts and post so. You’re on the internet after all. Reading through the last few posts, I’m seeing several completely incorrect statements that make me cringe.
D.) Please quote large sections of posts and post large responses to them, not this little bits-and-pieces thing you have going. Anything taken out of its context can have a different meaning, not to mention that it’s page-stretching and difficult to follow.
E.)

Duh, no really? Did you just notice that now? Wow.

Ugh, I agree with Troid there, you’re getting nowhere. And completely ignoring my post. sigh As usual.

hi i’m new here… so what do you people do here?

In this topic, we discuss the cactus project. In the rest, we discuss other things.

It’s a message board, mate, what did you think we did?

In addition, we work on the P2D project, but that takes place in a secret area far from everyone :astonished:

We introduce ourselves in this topic. We also read over the board rules. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now back to the cactus project.

For one thing, yes I was probably flaming you, and second, I understand your point perfectly, it’s just…wrong. What shocks me is that you can’t see that.

There are tons of dumb people on the internet. You’re argument is the only proof you have that you can argue, and it’s not looking like that.

Says who? I bet you made that up? Small pox is ONE of these “deadly viruses” you’ve been talking about, that “private companies” are experimenting on. So you just contradicted yourself.

First you said how companies are experimenting with deadly components, then you say that they’re not experimenting with smallpox (which they actually are).

But you just proved yourself wrong, NONE of these “deadly viruses” can get out, so no, these companies arent putting us in danger.

If you didn’t understand that, I don’t know what to say.

Im sure that you took that oppurtunity to try and make me look stupid, but you probably knew I meant a hundred years ago, when modern medicine started (as you said). So the years 1917 dont mean ANYTHING.

What the government could control back then and now are COMPLETELY different. Like I/you said, we didn’t even have penicilin back then, of course we couldn’t control it.

Once again, you proved me right.

You pretty much contradicted yourself…again.

That’s the same thing. Unstoppable and almost unstoppable are close enough. I said that that wouldn’t happen.

That was a hundred fucking years ago. People didnt even have penicilin back then. So that’s an irrelevant example.

I know more than you about aids obviously. It can only be transmitted by contact.

So how the hell is it going to suddenly kill us all? That’s what you said would happen. I already told you that even mosquitos can’t transmit aids, so unless we all decide to have sex with every person we see, Aids can only kill so many of us.

An unknown virus? How can a virus that “escapes” be unknown? We would have been studying it for ages, that’s why it’s quarantined.

Sure, a virus that Me and you don’t know about might escape, but the scientists who made it before it got out probably know everything about it. That’s why scientists find cures for viruses they manipulate.

So no, what you said is irrelevant.

You made that up too. WHO SAID YOU CAN BRING SOMEONE BACK BY ACTIVATING THEIR SPINAL COLUMN? Give me proof, because I’ve never heard that anywhere.
So no, NO science.

And there IS proof for gravity, are you crazy. Jump, that’s proof of gravity.

You can prove gravity exists by jumping, but you can’t prove you can bring someone back to life by saying it.

We have an equation for gravity besides that, -9.8 = g if I’m not mistaken.

But there’s NO science that supports your spinal cord theory, even if you beleive it.

I’ll get back to that after I post this.

Meh, my apologies, I was mistaking the statistic with that of AFTERWORLD, a series I follow.

So I can you it’s possible, but if Animals can be infected, how many of them died? Regardless, like I said in the beggining it’s impossible anyway because the virus would weaken the infected, not strenghten them.

How should I know you live in america? Did you assume everyone on P2D was from america?
You think we won’t use that knowledge? You know how guilty people feel about the holocaust, even now? Ever been to the holocaust Museum in washington DC? I have? Nobody could ever go there and imagine letting it happen again, I assure you.

But since you’re so smart, you should know something about the holocaust.

God knows why they worshiped Hitler. They were probably racist before they learned about Hitler in school, so that doesn’t prove shit. The school system doesn’t drive him into our heads, if you wanted to worship him, you’d have to do your own research, which is what those kids probably did. It was their choice, don’t blame the system for trying to teach us about the past. They CHOSE to look at him that way, because they were racists or anti semitists, so it really doesn’t relate to that.

Why would they go out and round up the radicals? We have plenty of KKK members floating around, and they can even hold assemblies, but they must be nonviolent.

If anyone did anything violent, the response would be swift, followed by several arrests.

That’s COMPLETELY different than convincing someone you’re a god, or sent by god. Some people beleive in destiny, so it’s normal to say “god put me on this earth to”.
He’s a pastor, so they wouldn’t have a second thought being called disciples. But if he said that he was related to Jesus out of the blue, nobody with a brain would beleive him.

If you could convince your dad of that, I’m very sorry to hear that. I’d rather not say any more.

No, AGES ago.

America has changed so drastically since 1900 it’s not even funny. We’ve been through about 4 wars, had civil rights, womens rights, over 20 different presidents, changing technology, and changes in standards.

Girls couldn’t wear short skirts like 40 years ago. Now girls can make out with thongs sticking out at my school. Morals, and principles have CHANGED DRAMATICALLY.

And as what america was founded on, isn’t even interpreted the same way.

Tons of people who hate america come here. Why? Because this is where oppurtunities are. You can hate a country and love the people. Everyone else everywhere in the world hates us, so when they come here, they really dont change.

Lmao, and why would that make us go comunist? And I never said Liberty is dead? Where’d you get that? And why does life have no meaning?

My point is that while the basic principles of our country have stayed the same, everything else has changed. And you can’t deny that.

No, my point was perfectly valid when I said it, so you dont do anything. Oh, and I meant the objective of arguing, not the point. You’re trying to show your opponent the flaws in there theory, but you should know about that, that’s all I’ve been doing so far.

Hahaha thats funny. If your argument doesnt make sense to the majority, it’s because it sucks. Im sure anybody who came into this topic could understand all my points, so if they can’t understand yours, it’s becaue they dont make sense.

I’m not lazy, you cant argue.

Lol, rly?

That doesn’t mean anything. It simply means your stubborn. It’s possible to argue with someone for hours, because they’re stupid, or blind, or stubborn, or closed minded.

I’m not minsenterpreting anything. I’m interpreting it JUST as you write it, so how about you write it better then.

Final Statements on the cactus project from me.

It’s nice that we are finally getting around to genetic manipulation, but there are still unknown dangers that we should take into consideration.

Also, seeing as the actual project is pointless, offering little or no help or knowledge, other than “we can do such and such,” I simply consider this another human trying to mess with nature.

That’s merely my opinion, don’t look too far into it.