The Evolutions

It’s hard to tell, honestly. Wonder if Menace is still around to share some posed renders or something, or if anyone could use an AR to get a third-person view of the attack. The camera gets so obscured and the tentacles wiggle a lot and there’s lots of lightning. >_>

That’s part of why I wasn’t sure if they even HAD normal tentacles. I just see a vague red blur hovering around and suddenly OH GOD MY SCREEN IS GOING CRAZY. Unless I freeze it first.

I was planning on popping in the game again tonight after foruming made me nostalgic… I’ll screw around with the Ice Beam timing and see if I can figure that out if we don’t have an answer by then. :smiley:

Here are some images I just took from Capoland’s Prime walk through, I use his videos for references a lot. That doesn’t count as stealing does it?

Yeah… I went there

Oh wow, NICE screens!

And the model is surprisingly accurate to the art for once. Considering how incredibly different most of the other creatures are, I didn’t expect that at all.

Yeah it’s mostly accurate. The only differences I spotted was the insides of the Metroid where the teeth and the nuclei are connected to are different, and the actual model has some sort of brain-rock-things in the membrane, the big grey thing.

-Edit-

So it turns out that the back teeth are smaller than the front teeth. Also, only one tentacle latches onto you, while the other one still has electricity going through it… oh, and after they take some energy, they grow A LOT. :O_O:

Uhh bumpin. Finished (?) the Hunter… and EXTREMELY minor edit to the Alpha. You won’t notice :stuck_out_tongue:

Hot DAMN that Hunter looks sexy. It seriously makes me want to go play Prime right now.

Then again, the Phazon Metroid does the same for Corruption.

I miss having time to actually game. Or sprite.

Thank you Daz <3

I think I’m done with the Alpha sheet. Is anything missing?

I’m gonna toss this out here:

I think the Hunter and Phazon are so sexy because you’re going out on your own with the shells… they’re done differently then the standard Metroid. I think you should look at the Metroid again, without referencing Nintendo’s own sprites.

I see two other things, too, I think.

1. The Phazon and Hunter both have depth, mostly in the mandibles. If there’s some way you could bring the smaller ones out and push the larger ones back, that would definitely help.

2. The membrane is very simple and flat doesn’t really interact with other parts. You could probably get some bulging around the bottom fleshy areas and give the lower part of it a bit of depth too.

Zurg, I don’t get what you mean. Phlakes, I don’t get what you mean. :confused:

the large mandibles are further back so they need to be darker so they LOOK like theyre further back

Zurg is saying that you didn’t have actual sprites as a reference for the Hunter and Phazon troids, therefore your 2D interpretations of them are more personalized. He’s suggesting you try to use this approach with the other metroids.
Phlakes is basically saying that your sprites look too flat.

Yeah I understand what you guys are saying now that I looked again. I’ll see what I can do with that. In the mean time, I made more leg positions for the Gamma. They look a little strange to me though, what do you guys think? Maybe because I didn’t do the background legs yet…

Edit* I messed with them a little and redid parts of the Hunter… what do you think now?

Bump and I don’t wanna edit the same post twice. Just informing you guys I’m working on the Queen :3

<---------------------------------------> this big? lolwut

Excuse me my sweet thief, I have no idea what you are talking about.

<--------------------------------------------------> this big?

What is that big? 0_o

queen

Is this the real life?