The Ideas Topic

Nevermind. How’s this?

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/327/mainplazahd6.png

Well, I went to compare it to the Chozo Ruins map again and noticed for the first time that the energy tank in that room is at the bottom. Huh?!

Do we go with a jump-through-only-floor like the area map suggests, or redesign a new Chozo Ruins map with a normal Main Plaza?

Whoa, you’re right. I thought for sure that the E-Tank in that map was on the top-right and the bottom door led to missiles. wtf Nat >_<

My vote goes for a new map; I didn’t know the one we had was like that.

Here’s what I propose:

See that elevator to the Magmoor Caverns with three other paths branching out? The path to the Sunchamber should connect to the right of the elevator room, instead of to the top. This lets the Vault hallways to the energy tank attach to the top and remain above the Hive Mecha tunnels.

Then we have two choices, neither of which I really like:
1.) The Vault hallways pass through/behind/over the Arboretum/Ruined Fountain area somehow and attach to Main Plaza at the top.
2.) The Arboretum/Ruined Fountain area gets pushed up and attaches to Main Plaza at the top, with the Sun Tower room being extended and the Magma Pool section being adjusted to fit the new Arboretum location. This allows the Vault hallways (Plaza Access) to attach to Main Plaza at the middle, which is better than before. The Ruined Fountain path would simply have the long branch bridge running over the Plaza Access entrance to make it inaccessible from above.

Those look like the easiest ways we could fix this.

Recreating an entirely-new Chozo Ruins layout would probably turn out better, but it’d be a lot of work. >_>

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5615/ch…uinsfullxc2.png

Subject to change at least a few more times before it’s all said and done…

Yeah, something like that. Photobucket shrunk the original map, so here it is in full size if you want to edit this instead:
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6370/ch…uinsbetauz8.gif

What you have might look goofy now, but it won’t matter much if the rooms themselves are similar to MP. Players would have to look at the map to notice anything.

There won’t be any problems in-game with overlapping + tearing rifts in space/time though, right? I figure (hope) that all rooms are separate from each other and do not have to actually match up, but I’m not sure.

im sure space/time can take a back seat to function

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that room overlapping wouldn’t be a problem in game. It just makes for complicated 2D maps.

Here is what I have for Tallon Canyon in TIVNav:

Not actual size. Yellow indicates boost ball path. Landing site to the right.

Is the boost ball even going to be able to go that high? With the new background idea, the half-pipe could be moved up a lot.

By the way, will entering half-pipes from the side while morphed work sort of like the crazy ramps in Sonic the Hedgehog? As in, you roll along, pass through a half-pipe on one side, roll up the opposite side, roll down and up the other side, effectively getting “caught” in the half-pipe?

How’s this for Tallon Canyon?

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1642/talloncanyonxe6.png

I think landing should be to the left, because that’s what it’s always felt like in-game. Also, the door to leave landing is on the right of where you start.

To Samus’s right, yes. Which would be the 2D camera’s left. :stuck_out_tongue:
I wouldn’t mind a total flip-around had I not already made several rooms in TIVNav with the wrecked ship to the right and first elevator to the left like in SM. :frowning:

Yeah, that looks good, 072. What are the tile dimensions of your map squares, by the way?

I didn’t really give that any thought while making them. I just figured that the maps weren’t anywhere near finalized so I just paid attention to the general structure. >_>

But something around 20x20 I would think.

The 3 bears sue Goldilocks for home invasion; The Big Bad Wolf insists that Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother illegally baited him; The 3 little pigs are sued for building code violations; Rapunzel gets a mullett or an afro; Sleeping Beauty took an overdose of sleeping pills.

============
seo|search engine optimization

This is completely irrelevant; Nobody cares; Stop spamming the forum with pointless topics and posts.

It’s a bot. I tried to contact Dazzy, but missed him. :frowning:

I was hoping for a meaningful post by someone, especially since I saw that Zurg was the last one who posted. Ah well.

Would you consider laughing to be a meaningful post in certain contexts? Here’s an example:

Hehehehehe… :sunglasses:

Smooth. Smooth as sandpaper underpants. :stuck_out_tongue: