The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker Gb(New screens)

The Legend of Zelda
The Wind Waker
GB
By Lopsided Productions

Background info on Lopsided Productions.
Well about a month ago I decided I should start Ww in Gb style. The unfortuante thing is is that I don’t own a gamecube so I was screwed. Until I was explaining the idea to my friend Kyle and he said he could let me borrow his gamecube on the condition that he join my team. Eventually my Gf found out I was making a video game and she said she’d like to help. So I assembled my team and we started about a week after I thought of the idea.

The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker prolouge:
Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then? just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy who travelled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy’s tale was passed down through generations until it became a legend.

And then a day came when a fell of wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. But the hero did not appear?

What became of that kingdom?? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived on the wind’s breath.

On a certain island, it became customary to garb young boys in green when they come of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspire to find heroic blades and cast evil down. The elders wish only for the youths to know courage like the hero of the legend?
New Screens
New screen:

Outset Island quarter 1. (lol, you can’t see the rest)

Old Screens:
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1315/outset2ga.png
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4185/ff1nt.png
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6100/pic3ff.png
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/711/screenies4sl.png
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/711/screenies4sl.png
These are from beta maps and graphics are bound to change.

Demos:
None yet.

(I’m against engine tests unless its for my beta testers)

Team:
Lopsided Productions team:
Pierce Mullis
Kyle Wilkinson
Sarah Conner
Hyrule_boy

Coders:
Pierce Mullis
Kyle Wilkinson

Spriters:
Sarah Conner
Pierce Mullis

Mappers:
Pierce Mullis
Kyle Wilkinson
Sarah Conner

Beta Testers:
Pierce
Kyle
Sarah
Hyrule_boy
Mewgull
litium

No more beta testers

Credits:
Graphic credits to:
Kleaver - HUD
Hyrule_boy - Mail boxes, Titlescreen
Zorafan - Medli, Zelda
Tilesnet - OoA Tiles
Ryu Kage - OoS tiles

Music credits to:
(Working on it)

Work plans:
Finish registration screen (30%)
Finish tiling Outset (50%)

Support banner

[code]

[/code]

Cool, I can’t wait for a demo! It’s gonna be awsome!!!

This looks great. Can’t wait for it.

Uh, just so you know, that’s… not the moblin sprite. <_<

Sounds great so far though.

cool, it looks like links awakening, and we all (should) know link’s awakening was kick ass!

It isn’t? I ripped it myself so if you could explain to me what the real moblin looks like I’ll be able to find it.

Hence the name Gameboy.

Thanks everyone, and I know I won’t get much publicity here. This forum has bad luck with Zelda fan games. (TRM joined and never posts any more)

lol, just remember to make quality, and i believe that does look like a moblin (links awakening)

I wanna help with this… I can sprite characters and stuff, I really want to do whatever I can to help see this project through.

i would help, but you look like you already got things going, if you ever need programming help, just send me a message! glad to see someone remembers links awakening (my favorite game EVER!!!)

Uh, Daz? It is the moblin sprite. I have the original game, so yeah, it just looks like crap.

BTW, why aren’t you using Four Swords sprites? (that is if they have even been ripped yet)

Because it’s GB, not GBA.

GBC specs:

Video:
Display - 160x144 pixel
Colors - 32,000 colors; Supports 10, 32, or 56 colors on-screen at once
Sprites - 40 sprites of either 8x8 or 8x16 [switchable]; 10 Sprites per
line; Sprites are 4 color with one always transparent (3 diff.
colors max on 1 sprite)

he’s obviously inactive… only 2 posts >_> looks like you wont get to help after all

Actually he’s still working on it over at ZFGC, but here yeah he’s gone.

Nah I’m not gone. I just browse the forum as a guest seeing how they’re no restrictions to being a guest.

Once I finish the game I’m converting to Mc and Lttp graphics.

Sorry about double posting but:
New screens:

Outset Island quarter 1. (lol, you can’t see the rest)

I have a suggestion for you, but it may mean more work:

On the LA’s Link sprite, that little black blob below his hat is his hair. When you turn the hat yellow to make it look like his exposed hair, shouldn’t that be colored yellow as well? Oh, and by the way, from the side, the hat recolored doesn’t look right. Perhaps shorten the back so he doesn’t have an abstract head?

Don’t worry. Link will be totally changed before the demo. =)

hehe… so small, so small… (South Park)
Ok your screens look WAY too small. I don’t think I need to remind you that GB stands not for the small GB Color or GB Pocket screens but the old huge gameboy.

Screen size is changable through the options menu, and an ini file. Heres a screen with a bigger resolution:

I also, hate the small resolution, I put the screens like that for 56 k’ers. (Though, that is the default size)