The Official Topic of Official Things

lol

The greatest tribute to two of the greatest people in entertainment.

Also, I saw the best sign ever during the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear broadcast.

That whole event was funny, and I must commend Stuart and Colbert for coming up with it.

I was there! :smiley:

Also, a dude on reddit apparently came up with the idea and pitched it to colbert. Then it got kind of turned into something else and more awesome.

Jon Stewart certainly had 0 idea how many people were going to show up though - there was an incredible lack of preparedness on the mall in regards to speakers and viewing screens. I barely heard or saw any of it, and I wasn’t exactly on the edge of the crowd.

You will note that the crowd extends fairly well past the area covered by the speaker columns. :frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuiOnWbjl0k

Snooping as usual, I see!

Holy fuck, this song is genius as fuck.

When I first heard about it I thought it was another terrible expletive-filled rap song. Then I listened to it, and I thought-

It has black people, therefore it must be rap.
Nice.

But yes, it is a great song.

The artist is actually singing, therefore it is not rap.

This song makes me smile.

Many lolz were had.

As in, a few minutes of constant roflcoptering. It’s probably a lot funnier because it’s 2 in the morning.

Snow sucks.

we didnt start getting snow till after christmas this year, lol

Nobody noticed the PINGAS?

I’m surprised…

Or we’re all familiar with it/sick of that overused meme/don’t care to respond/don’t have anything to respond with.

It’s like a never ending story.

Your VW Beetle says Beetle on the side? That’s pretty awesome.

SO MUCH SNOW.

Goodness. I thought that I had a bunch of snow when the Pacific Northwest got hit by, like, three inches. I can’t even fathom how much snow is actually on your car.

That happened here once, except there was like 4 times as much snow, the city pretty much shut down for that one day.