The (Old) Rules

We didn’t actually. You still have a warn bar.

What? Do people still get on our IRC?
Hell, if they do, I’ll go reinstall my IRC client.

You’d be surprised Cloud… more active people there than here. xD

This is completely unrelated but I think it’s important-ish.I don’t know if you know this but you really don’t need IRC anymore you could get “Chatzilla” on Firefox, it works just as well and IMHO it’s way better.

leaves

Chatzilla’s an IRC client, it’s just built into the browser =P
But no, I don’t necessarily want a browser window open to join an IRC. A standalone client is lighter than my Firefox client is. It might sound silly, but if I’m playing a windowed game, Firefox takes up too much ram and pulls from the memory shared with my crappy integrated gpu, and so my gpu hiccups when it tries to buffer frames for my 1920x1080 monitor, and so my monitor occasionally goes black for a couple of seconds.
/theory, though I don’t know enough about how a gpu actually works to say for sure. I know it’s because of the shared memory, but I don’t know if it’s necessarily from trying to buffer frames.
Yep.
But yeah, standalone client = less ram = can chat and multitask.

Ok I was just saying 'cause the IRC topic came up and I thought it’d be helpful :wink:

mirc is definitely superior
/thread

[OFFTOPIC] How do I install an IRC client?[/OFFTOPIC]

[ONTOPIC] I think the rules that were taken from SCU really fit a larger community than what we have here. Such a small user base could make a few rules inapplicable or at least out of place. Like in some topics (such as this one) we get off topic and someitmes post “spam” just to have fun, which may cause problems if hundreds of users participate, but with only about 15 active users it never gets out of hand (at least not since that one incident, after which we lost about half our users.

I say rewrite the rules to fit this forum.[/ONTOPIC]

you double-click the .exe

and yes

And where do I find this .exe?

Just because you have a warn bar doesn’t mean the admins decided to use it. I’m pretty sure we had a discussion about this already. It was too much of a hassle remembering everyone who was warned and people would have to beg for their warn to be lowered (even after MONTHS).

http://www.mirc.com/

Once again, that was to fit a larger community. It’s not that hard to remember when there are only like 5 people.

So I can still be a loser?

This community was never large.

It was fairly large and active a while ago. We had like 30 to 40 active members. I remember being on this place in it’s hay day. :slight_smile: Good times. There were to many to keep track of specifically, but Dazzy new just about everyone. It was a large community. We have about 10 active members now, so the warn system is a bit moot. All in all, we should re-write the rules, but not very much.

just a quick question regarding the rules since the above conversation got really hard to follow, are there still sig size limits?

Just keep it reasonable. I don’t want it to make it take forever to load a page.

i think 500x130 pixels is reasonable

i think 800x600 is reasonable :smiley: