The Team List

I almost forgot, i made a background for the Chozo Ruins (I saw the BG from the mock up and kinda hated it so I made this one,compare):

To download the BG CLICK HERE

:smiley: Sure, now i just have to find the original SFX for the frigate, sound resampling and editing is easy,now, finding the original sfx could take a bit.

Ubermetroid, looks better, perhaps you could animate it? I think you need more poses to make it look smooth.

Fox Fan, no need for that, a simple .exe will do just fine :wink:

Annatar, that background looks sweet, but it’s not 2d style… That means you can’t use effects in photoshop. 2d style has limitted colors, but that doesn’t mean it can’t look great. Just look at the tallon overworld mockup, looks fantastic IMO :smiley:

No need to hurry with those sound, take the time you need, as long as it sounds great!

Stabs Annatar

That second one looks alot like the first one I made. :astonished:

:smiley: LOL i didn’t mean it as an offense (the BG thing) I said i hated it cuz i thought the p2d team will at least use some pretty 3d-ish backgrounds, but believe me i do know that the BG for the mock up took a lot of work, its like spriteing an entire BG,so basically, i meant no offense at all.

Yeah, I know. I was just joking around. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they wouldn’t clash with the 2-D style, we’d use BGs like those.

It’s extremely hard to make a Space BG in 2d style. >_<

UberMetroid, I just found out hat those sprites have already been made…
Sorry :blush:

But your work can still be used by other metroid fagames, you should offer your work in the fangames board. If you want of course…

Hey i’m pretty new here (long time listener, first time caller) and i was considering becoming a background artist, as i’m pretty tasty with paint. Anyway, what resolution should the backgrounds be in, and how complex (perhaps a screenshot of an already made background?). I was thinking (at least some) of the backgrounds could be based off the existing MP terrain (the machines in Magmoor caverns?)

Hey, you just joined at the right time, because we need lots of backgrounds now. About the resolution, don’t know exactly, 320 width, 320 height or 480 width, 480 height.
You can check some backgrounds here: http://www.mp2d.co.uk/screenshots.php
Make sure you design your backgrouns in the same 2d style :wink:
And another thing, your backgrounds have to be repetitive, what I mean is that the left side of the image should match perfectly with the right side, understand?
And yes, you can add lots of background details, as long as it looks like a background… :stuck_out_tongue:

Try making a chozo ruins bg. We will guide you and tell you what to do!

And welcome on the boards, you shoul introduce youyrself in the "Hi, I’m new’ thread!

wow the standard seems pretty high… just one more thing, will there be multiple background layers, or will you just use additional sprites to… spruce it up?

Rocks and plants and other things will be in the background with it, but not part of the BG. The actual “BG” will really just be a wall or sky. Just don’t do anything for the frigate, thats all mine. :wink:

I wish to sign up as a spriter. I could help out drastically with the suits if need be, because I’ve had alot of character spriting experience in my spare time, and I’m very quick with spritesheets. Also, I’ve got nothin’ better to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve actually wanted to become part of the team for a while, but wasn’t quite sure of my skills. I can help wit the tilesets and some sprites if there’s any left. I may also be able to help with sounds if I ever get a sound recorder for my computer. I’ll make a little tileset for the test. Do you mind if I use one of your already made tilesets as a base? Just for size and stuff.

I think MH is doing the suits all by himself, so you can’t help him with that. But you can help us with sprites, check out the sprites list on the SCU forum, pick something out and make a test sprite sheet :wink:

Yea, you can make tilesets, but there isn’t much left you can do, you should try to make a phazon mines tileset, not he phazon part, but the industrial part. Tiles are 16*16, and sure, you can use the existingones as a base, just don’t copy em, alright :wink:
You should contact Slothien483 and Metroid072 if you need help, they know everything about tilesets :slight_smile:

Both welcome on the boards BTW :slight_smile:

[font=comic sans ms]Test sprite sheet. Okay, I’ll PM it to you when I’m done.

scurries off to SCU[/font]

Umm, i was gonna join up as a programmer but the home page says that cfx has left. I’m asking here instead. Until i get my metroid engine uploaded just go to www.geocities.com/rigal_lecur.
I made them all a while back. My metroid engine is better than those games, but it plays differently to yours.

I don’t hink CFX left, he’s just working on his own now, not taking orders from anyone…
But hey, if you want to help programming, contact CFX, he’ll tell you what to do. Just send a pm to him or wait for him to reply here :wink:

Welcome Destroyer :slight_smile: Just 1 letter difference eh, that could cause some problems, as many people just call me ‘Destroyer’ without the ‘F’
Meh, we’ll see how it goes, you can introduce yourself in the ‘Hi, I’m new’ thread! :wink:

Greetings! I stumbled across the P2D site today, and to say it piqued my interest would be an understatement.

My name is Fran?ois and I’m French. I have been studying English for ten years (I’m 20 now), and practising it through video games, internet message boards, English books and trips abroad for longer than I can remember. I daresay I can write and understand English fluently, as I’ve often been mistaken for a native speaker on American forums.

I bet you see what I’m getting at. I wish to apply as a translator, or at the very least offer my help in case it is wanted. I realize the list in the first post makes no mention of any such position being available, but should your current French translators ask for it, let it be known that I would most gladly help them or proofread their work.

I cannot recall how many times I’ve been disappointed with video game translations before; back in the days of FF7, every other French translation would turn out just as bad as the infamous Jap->English Zero Wing, which started the whole “all your base” fad in case you don’t know. That’s why I’m more than willing to do my best in order to ensure this one is top notch.

It should go without saying that I’m a Metroid fan, even though I only recently discovered the series. I played and beat Super Metroid on emulator, then a friend had me try my hand at Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and now I’m seriously looking into purchasing a GameCube.

Anyway, I would be honoured to contribute to this project. Should you need my help with the French translation, all you have to do is ask.

Bonjour there :slight_smile:
I completely forgot about the transations, I should add it on the first page. Well, if yuo want, you can translate the whole space frigate!
Work this way: room by room

example:
Room 1 (forgot it’s name)
enemies: none
scans:
other:

Room 2

You only have to translate a enemie once (like parasites or defense turrets)
Got it? Ok then you can start whenever you want. You should work in MS word or a similar program.

Bienvenu ch?z P2D :wink:

sigh Learned French for 9 years and I’m still bad at it…That’s one hard language you guys got :stuck_out_tongue:

Great! I’ll get started on this as soon as possible.

I have a stupid question, though: where do I find the base material (ie. what I have to translate)? Did I miss it on the ressources page, or is it in hidden in some ?ber-mysteriously secret place?