Tilesets

Very sure. Just played that part. Well, it does depend on what part he was talking about. Like at the very beginning, there aren’t any, but all of a sudden, there starts to be railings in the later rooms. No joke.

EDIT: Hope this works:

Might look better on a white background:
SO FIND IT HERE!

It can easily be made smaller if you want…

The light also has to be added during programming, or else Samus is going to be in front of the entire thing or behind it.

…And just so you know: Making small little things seperately is a large waste of time. If you are going to work on random things, have a large sheet with multiple things.

Okeydoke.
Oh wait. I can’t do that because the program I use, Pixen, slows down if you have too many pixels in an image because it’s a pixel art program, not like MS Paint.

EDIT:
When you said light, you meant the blue platform thing, right? I made the glow using different oppacity. You shouldn’t have to change anything.

The glow effects are done by programming. Not sprites. And if Pixen sucks so much, then, um, just use Paint? Also, that’s completely unshaded. :neutral_face:

There’s a reason I wrote that there. Those are like, the Beta versions. Pixen doesn’t suck, I just have a limit to how many pixels wide and tall I can make an image in it.
Can’t use Paint, have a Mac.
About the stuff done in programming, fine, whatever, do what you have to do in programming.

Well if you are doing one small thing at a time, why don’t you finish it in one 5 minute sitting, instead of making versions? <_<;;

EDIT: Wait… we aren’t working on anything that isn’t from the frigate anyway. >_>

Then I’ll get to work on some Frigate stuff. Oh wait, I alteady started some random frigate stuff.

Pixen use a lagre amount of the memory in the computer. I have 1.25Gb RAM and it works perfect for sprites and animations.

Can you make animations in Paint?
And that formats can you save your images/animations in?

Pixen have a lot of neat features that Paint never will have. Is’nt Paint dead?
I don’t think that it has been updated since Windows 95.

The tile-view is great.
Just enable it and see how the edges connect woth each other. And layers are good if you want to animate sprites.

(Buy a Mac and) Try the software!
If you buy a new Intel-mac, you will get a machine that also runs Windows faster than a real PC. :smiley:>

Uh, no, Windows XP has a new version of Paint. They replaced transparent colors with the ability to edit png’s. It’s not really an improvement, though.

That I seriously doubt.

It’s a fact.
Just Google some, and I’m sure that you’re going to find some tests and facts.
The Intel-based Macs are faster than any Windows-machine.
Well… the G5 Macs are also faster, but they can’t boot Windows.

Why am I always off-topic? :confused:

then use paint net

Everytime you resurect a dead topic, you’ll get a warning. So you got 5 more shots >_>

You know what? No. He already got 40% and two PM’d warnings for necroposting, and that one just happened yesterday, so he obviously has no intentoin of learning.

Fuck it.

Hey metroid, you can get banned faster in you just ask >________>

Edit…My computer just failed and s…well that was fun O_O;;
It just did it again. It posted four times.

somebody should ban you.

I have created a better than curently used tile sheet for the frigrate(SP?) demo.
However, I dont know how to post it, plus I dont want it to be stolen by the masses, so how and were should I post it?

Also, can I get on as a tile creator, i can do much beter than the curent stuff…

Hate to break it to you, but we already have someone redoing the Frigate tileset and all of our other tiles.

However, you’re welcome to post them still. My post here explains how to post an image. If you don’t want it stolen, you could always send a mod or admin a private message with the image.

This is my first tile set, it’s not very good,

if you need some of super metroid’s proper tiles, I saw some on the Shyguy kingdom website, not just floor, but missiles, energy tanks etc
here’s the link
http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=showg…8&ga=348&sec=51
It also has some custom sprites somewhere too, but i don’t think there are any custom tilesets.

Hope this helps :smiley:

Did you edit those from a Mario game?