To all potential fangamemakers:

Hey i do agree with Dazz i mean its just like he said imagine i started a group to create a game(which actually i did) and i let everyone do the hard work while im out partying or somethin thats totally unfair i’ve actually seen some people do that like in MHQ there was peter he never did anything from what ive read. So if you are one of those kind of people why bother start a game might as well do it yourself.

gm is ok for a range of skill levels and it does what I need it for. Creating a good game is very hard and takes lots and lots of time, so dont even think about starting a game till you know you can devote the time to it and not get bored in the middle of it and quit, else you’ll waste may hours and days of your 1 life for nothing. I mean, you could have daydreamed about the Wii for x-number of hours for crying out loud!

true…but i can do both…1 life?..speak for yourself…i plan on living forever!

You just need to get your priorities right:

1. Making Games
  2. Playing Games
  3. Work
  4. Breathing, Eating, Sleeping
  5. Going outside
  6. Society
  7. Grlfriend? … Did I even spell that correctly?

you’ll live forever weither you want to or not, but you have a limited time on earth, you wont have a computer forever either :frowning:

at least some of use wont live forever.

Explain please.

afterlife? :confused:

yeah, thats what i assumed…but im taking my computer with me…anyway, were off topic, to back on topic…i really dont know if im going to release the free samus engine…i just about finished it, all i need now is walljump…but…its just that giving it out for free is simply…yaknow…wrong…giving it out at all is wrong.

People will hate you for that sentace.

lol, it goes with responsiblity creating a game. giving away a metroid engine is like giving a child his father’s gun. they didn’t take the time to earn it, they dont understand it like they should, and before they know it, they put whatever they want into the game, with no risk to them as they didn’t create the engine, and thus they can create a horrible metroid game, and that is a thing that i think most people who have made metroid engines can agree with, when you created an engine yourself, you will be much better than when you started.

also, you may blame this from me rewatching jurrasic park, and the “they were so busy seeing if they could do it that they never thought about whether or not they should do it!”

lol… I know the feeling … when I started my engine I didnt think I would have made it this far and I thought I would probably just end up making it public. Now that I’ve come this far every time I think about giving my engine away its like … “ewww”. My engine is completely uncommented and uses a mixture of DND and Code Script as well … I would have to go through a lot of extra work to make it even mildly understandable by anyone else, and even then some of the objects which utilise multiple objects will just be too complex to explain to everyone.

Nevertheless if I ever have to give up (poison :angry:) I would still release it publicly. I also contemplate releasing it after I have made a few games with it.

yeah, its more the principle to me though, i might release it, but people if they cannot make thier own, they will most likely not understand mine, and if they cant understand how samus works, then they have no chance at programming thier own game.

yeah, i know the feeling, giving stuff out to a bunch of n00bs that’ll probably screw everything up and blame it on you :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah…saw the noob thing coming…lol

I know I’m not suppose to do this, but some of the people who give a story and maybe some ripped sprites made me ROFLMAO!!! Seriously (or not, in my case), I really think we need to start cracking down on these first posters who just has a story/ripped sprites from a website. We need a general requirement/checklist that needs to be fulfilled before posting here.

why? If its a fangame, it can be whatever the creator wants it to be. If the creator wants it to have the same style of samus as in Fusion or Zero Mission, why not let them? It’s their fangame, and they can do what they want. Hell, if you’ve seen the sequil to Fusion fangame, you know what I’m talking about. It’s an okay made game, but all the sprites are ripped.

There’s nothing wrong with using some ripped sprites or edits, but when every single sprite offered is a flat out rip, it shows that you have put no effort whatsoever into the project yet, and thus people are less willing to help you.

Moderation is key.

if you really plan on a fangame, you will have to eventually make some new sprites in order to make it last. they might be in the same style, and based off of other similar things, but you have to create something new sometime.

Like a game I am still in the pre-devlopment of It is a completely new thing no borrowed anything from anyone.