Dev-C++ 4.8 is what’s been working for me (google and you’ll find it). Basically your standard compiler.

Also, it’s never crashed on me, ever, which is surprising because most apps do on my computer.

Yeah, Dev-C++ is what I use. It’s free. :smiley:

If you’re anxious to make games, though, C++ probably won’t be very fun for a while. (Unless you want to start with epic text adventures–which I think are very fun to both play and make >.>)

Lol, yeah… uhm… I’m currently having trouble with making a temperature converter from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Or vice-versa. Actually, I can’t frickin’ get it to WORK vice-versa, but never mind that.
Aye, I use dev-C++, works for me… seems like it’s all I’ll need.

DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT START LEARNING C++ BY MAKING A GAME.
EVER.
NO.
BAD.

All programming courses that I have ever/will ever see start teaching their language with simple text and calculation things. C++ especially.

I like doing everything myself when it doesn’t turn out poorly. That’s why I’m working on my music skills right now!

I was gonna do that soon because I haven’t churned out enough coolness since I became fairly good.

Also, Timaster is right. Even making a window takes a bunch of code. (Just look at the first part of main() up until you see ShowWindow(); that’s pretty much what it takes to make a window.)

Good.