Trail Effect for Morph Ball?

Could you tell me how did you make the trail effect for morph balled Samus? I don’t ask you to recover the codes cause I’m working on another engine, just need to know the principle, what did you use to make it, devs. Just curious.

Good luck on getting an answer. Our programer hasn’t been active in 2 or 3 months. :confused:

I think that there JUST A BUNCH OF TILES, BUT MY BROTHER ACTIVATED CRUISE CONTROLL AND IM TO LAZY TO FIX IT.

check the interwebs for such things

also i’d say this is in the wrong place for this topic

Just a bit.

Then simply mark the place where such topics can be posted. Where are the moders, can they move the topic to the right place? Am I wrong, guys? And checking interwebs is what am I doing now as you see, right? Anyway I don’t think I’ll ever get an answer. Move or delete the topic please, no need to know it already.

Uh, there is a topic specificaly for this here:
z13.invisionfree.com/fsmr

It’s somewhere there, I can’t direct link atm.

Edit:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/FSMR/index.php?showtopic=47

The simplest way that comes to mind is to place a blue square object at Samus’ morph ball location each step. All the object does is sit in place, and it loses opacity each step. After a certain time/number of steps/loss of opacity, the square is deleted. I don’t know how exactly DF did it, but there’s a thought to work with.

Hmmmm, that’s a point. I just wanted to know it because I’m using a bit different method fir morphy ball which uses P.S. 2.0(pixel shaders 2.0) and I’m trying to achive smth close to that but without using P.S. 2.0. Ok, thanks for the help guys!

i know how it works…

make a new object call it “samusfade” (it sounds cool :stuck_out_tongue:)
set your depth to 1

my player is called just “samus” so thats what you have to edit
in CREATE put this:

if instance_exists(samus)
{
sprite_index=samus.sprite_index
image_speed=0
image_index=samus.image_index
image_alpha=0.5
}

in END STEP put this:

image_alpha-=0.1
if image_alpha<0.1
instance_destroy()

to use it… put this in your walk code:
instance_create(x,y,samusfade)

and… its done :smiley:!

maybe you could help me… im stuck with my speedbooster code…
i can run faster and trough special entities but i want to have those extras (go up or go left/right real fast) can you help me with that? thanks

O.O Problem solved. Also, Timmeh, I JUST figured out what your icon is. Good morning Crono.

yay first post was a helpfull one :stuck_out_tongue:… you’re welcome :smiley: