Umbre's Music/Movies

no it wasn’t. Listen to the originals.

i could’ve sworn it was 4…

I know, I used to make that mistake too. UPDATE! I have added Magmoor Caverns Orchestrated to the first post.

I STILL think it would sound better with 4 measures :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The intro would be too long though. The theme would end up starting on the uneven 5th measure and rather than an even 4th. It would sound awkward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feHXY9iLya0

0:17-0:20

You lack that. Other than that, the brass sounds good, though at the falling part the synths themselves are horrible. lol.

Also consider adding in some vocals. Brass + Vocals almost always sounds good. :wink:

you want 17-20? that wasn’t in the originals. Whatever. Also, what’s horrible about the synths? the pitch? are they wrong? are they uneven? Wait a minute, what synths? Do you mean at the part after the main segment? Those are trombones. Those same trombones are used later as well, but theyre not so high pitched.

They sound like synths.

xD

They don’t sound anything like a trumpet or whatever, which would be awesome.

It’s more like a chorus of trumpets or something. Are you sure all this orchestra would suit a sci-fi game? Also, the 17-20 thing, do you want that for every single chorus, or just the first one?

Probably sound better for every one…

And yes, this stuff is perfectly suited to it.

Okay, I’ll have a new version out tomorrow. Funny how project prime is taking over my topic as well.

Tim, don’t be an asshat. If you want something specific done, do it yourself. If you like a version by a different artist better, contact them for permission to use their song. I can understand that you may be unhappy with the low quality sound, but he doesn’t exactly have a brass ensemble at his disposal.
On a note related to that last point, I think you’d be better off sticking to a synth sound for the music you use in the game.

That’s a weird way to edit a post, Mr. Mod. Try again!

So I just downloaded 5.5 GB of free-to-use instrument samples for use with mod trackers (ie. MODPlug Tracker, BeRo Tracker, etc.). The interfaces for making MOD/IT/XM files are horrible, but maybe you should try them next! Unless the program you have lets you use custom samples, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

No editing was involved. xD

How do you download anything off of that page?

All I get is this:

Click “Via MiniNova”. It’s a torrent: http://www.mininova.org/get/1564237

First of all, what format are the files in?

PCM WAVE.

Oh, I’m looking for VST plugins.

Why settle for synthesizing when samples are so splendid? Surely you see that real sounds are superior; it’s simply sensible!