Video Game Music

So, seeing as how we all love video games, and one of the most important parts in creating atmosphere in a game is music, I figured I’d ask all of you which game (not counting music games) have the best OST you’ve heard just curious (and I want some new stuff to listen to)

I’ll throw my favourite in as well

Lost Odyssey has a really good OST

ODST’s was actually really good. And Punch-Out. And of course Prime 1.

I love Legend of Mana’s OST.

I think the contest is between Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wildarmsfan#p/u

@Phlake: yes ODST did have a really good soundtrack

@CV: I haven’t played that one, but I’ve heard really good things about the music in that series

@Tim: I agree that those games had really good soundtracks

here’s a boss tune
another one listen past the first minute
overworlds are fun

Uematsu really has only one competitor, Koji Kondo.

I can’t say it’s the best, but Timesplitters: Future Perfect had an excellent soundtrack. The music always sounded like a movie score and the fact that so many styles were required due to the time travel through different eras was truly a feat that deserves recognition.

This may sound weird, but I actually think Metroid Prime 2 had a great soundtrack as well. The music was very atmospheric. Have you ever listened closely to the boss themes? There are hidden sounds that can’t really be heard during gameplay that really make the song interesting. That’s just my opinion however.

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Still Alive (The Theme from “Mirror’s Edge” Radio Edit)
Metroid Prime 1,2
Super Mario Galaxy

However, i must say that ODST is very different to other Halo OST, its a more relaxed, ambient/Atmospheric version I specifically enjoyed: Overture, Difference for Darkness, Neon Night and Finale.

I LOVE SM Galaxies soundtrack.

Yes it is quite perfect, worth the ?30, i bought the platinum version of eBay a great buy.

I loved MP2’s soundtrack most out of the Prime games, actually. Dark Aether’s wasn’t USUALLY so great, but I loved most of the Light Aether themes.

Yeah, Dark Aether’s all consisted of the same tune, with some sounds taken from the Light Aether counterpart.