VurtualRuler98's fangames

The zelda game runs perfectly on other people’s comp.
The other games are REALLY REALLY OLD.
The metroid game can walljump.
I used a basic engine for the mario game for the physics so don’t blame me, I just haven’t deleted the link yet.
NEStroid is going to be put up today.
I’ll run the zelda .exe to check to see if it brokes.

You said you made a ton at once on little sleep. Now you say they’re old. Make up your mind, which bullshit excuse are you sticking with?

Your Mario excuse makes little sense. If you didn’t even make the Mario game’s engine, why bother posting it at all? The engine is most of what makes a game your own. If you’re saying you DID make it but you made it crappy on purpose… um…you know what, I’m not even going to touch the utter banality of that comment.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. Two hours of sleep is not an excuse. If you can’t work well in those conditions, DON’T FUCKING WORK IN THOSE CONDITIONS. Your games do not have a due date. Work on them when you’re up to working on them.

Of course, if you did that, you wouldn’t have an excuse to suck…

Uh huh, so all of those are games that you decided to quit working on, then? Goes to show how much you really care about your projects. Start on a project and run it through to the end, don’t make little half-assed wannabe games. You’re not going anywhere from what we’ve seen. As for the “two hours sleep”, I think I’ll reiterate on what Daz said. If you can’t work like that, don’t work in those conditions, do it sometime when you can actually focus.

By the way, that bit about the walljump in your previous post is entirely irrelevant. I already knew it was there, but it’s so poorly executed that it doesn’t matter. It’s a moot point in trying to make the engine look better.

I had those going on for a long time but here are some reason I stopped the mario game and metroid engine. Mario game wasn’t worth making anymore, I did alot, but it’s sitting on my computer.
The metroid engine isn’t being made on it’s own.
I make a basic nes control metorid game, then at m2 down aim and so on.
The zelda game I’m working hard at.
Also LOOK AT POST DATES.
That little sleep time was a long time ago.
I can skip a whole 2 days of sleep now if I tried.
I make more than one at a time so if I get bored with one I work on another fangame.
I am in a zelda mood(read:obsession) so It’ll get alot of work.
Just wait…

You certainly know how to criticize. But for your first two post don’t you think you should think about positive things to say? VirtualRuler is probably 10x better than me in programming and has 10x more perserverance. My project is getting nowhere and its been months. But wait, do I care? No! It is meant to be fun and a thing to do in my free time.

You really shouldn’t start bragging about how you don’t fuck around and how you can code a good program without sleep. We don’t know shit about you or your projects.

He isn’t trying to sell you stuff like he is “Van fucking Gogh”, he is trying to show his games. If you are ever insulted by crappy fangames, just turn away. No one needs some asshole yelling at them for sucking.

Ok so lets see here… do you really care that much about your project? What you are asking of him is to pull his hair out and grow them white until he gets a perfect project. Its not the end of the world if he someone makes a bad game. It is PERFECTLY FINE to work on a project and abandon it. No one (no one who fakes a “coolest programmer on earth” facade that is) is gonna kill him.

If you’re going to post work to show it off, make it something worth showing off. No, we don’t expect everyone who posts to have a masterpiece–but if they show shit, and then proclaim themselves to be a “l33t GM user” and brags about having used the program for years, yeah, we’re gonna tear into them, if only for false advertisement.

Then he makes crappy excuses for why, and you try to DEFEND him? Riiight.

Also.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/MP2D/index.php?showtopic=702
We don’t?

Finally… no, making a ton of games at once is not an excuse for each one to be shit. If you want to make a good game, you have to focus attention to it. You can’t spread it out over a dozen terrible ones, then blame it on lack of sleep and concentrated attention, especially if you go on to brag about being a great programmer afterwards.

Augh, this forum is not smart at all.
I HAD THAT LITTLE SLEEP A LONG TIME AGO, I MADE THOSE OLD GAME A LONG TIME AGO, AND I LEFT THEM UP JUST IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO PLAY THEM FOR SOME REASON.
I MADE THEM A LONG TIME AGO, I MIGHT AS WELL DELETE THEM.
How hard is it to understand the word old?

Then show us something new. Something worth showing.

Also.

Hi, pot. How’s the kettle?

The zelda game is new.
And I keep updating it.

quoted for truth.

Wow you are an ass, especially since those games were made using GAME FUCKING MAKER

So are RP’s. So is the P2D demo.

God, and I thought the “I DONT SUCK I ONLY HAVE MS PAINT” excuses were bad…

P2D on GM? naw I thought only t3h frigate was in GM and t3h rest in CFX’s. . . thing whatever GM not t3h best thing in the world is my point.

show us your work before you complain about that.

I’ll give you a truthful reviw of Zelda. Personally, I didn’t like it at all…

Nothing worked. The room-to-room system is really bad, and Link’s
collision mask is way off, because I can’t get through a ton of places
without him sticking to walls. I know you can do better than this.

If your games suck, you can’t blame it on sleep. Nobody was forcing
you to release it on a certain date…

For the third time in this thread, he did!

Hi, it’s “That Asshole” again, how are you doing? :smiley:

Show you MY work, eh? Looks like you caught me, I don’t have any work to show ;-;

And there’s no way that link Dazuro posted earlier in the topic could have been possibly related to me in any way, shape, or form despite the fact that it actually was. My, logic is a strange thing.

Alright, boys, that’s enough. This is elevating to the point of personal attacks and flamewars, and that just won’t do. I as well played a part in this, and I apologize for that.

Let’s leave VR alone now and see if he can post anything worth posting now that he isn’t lackin in sleep.

If not …

Eh, what the hell, maim him again. :slight_smile:

Okay what the…
I run the game, the door system works perfectly, and I don’t stick to walls.
O_O

Not to mention that ‘that asshole’, as you claim it, even if he’s still an amateur (as he still has loads to learn), could outclass you in design, programming and general development anyday.

XD

Seriously, the ‘hey go easy on him, he just gave a couple half-assed excuses as to why his games suck, so in reality, he must be 1337’ card gets old.

What doesn’t deserve any praise should not get any praise.

EDIT: And btw, it’s MISSILE, MI-SSI-LE, MI-SSI-LE.
See the I in there?, seriously, I don’t think it’s that hard.

XD

I fixed appearing in walls through doors bug, by moving the walls.
I’ll make a almost 100% done verson of complete game someday.
Then make a polished version, with stuff like custom graphics, edited maps, no typos or bugs, etc.
So I’ll add a few more rooms and hide a triforce corners of power and courage, put god items in, and add the other area doors.
Then I’ll update.
Hopefully.

And you still didn’t fix MISSILE. :astonished: