What about the mac guys?

The newer ones are grey metal and black. They’re sick nasty awesome.

they still cant run DX so they still fail

DirectX is Microsoft-made, so I wouldn’t expect Macs to support it.

Also, according to processor architecture, you could never run Windows on a PowerPC processor or Macintosh OS on a non-PowerPC processor until they actually started making them for that type of processor.

Macs run on Intel Processors.

Only the modern ones.

DeP knows things

yeah. I have a modern one. Its intel based. Pretty sweet.

At the time of my original post, I only had a PPC mac. Now though, I have built myself a pretty sweet XP-based PC :smiley:>

congratulations (i guess)

Microsoft made a version of Windows NT for PPC processors. It’s old and DX didn?t exist at that time. But still. Microsoft made a version of Windows that ran on Macs and Mac clones.
And you could run Windows in Virtual PC and Qemu. It was slow as hell but it worked.

also “what about the mac”

what ABOUT it?
<_<
macs matter naught

80% of hollywood movies are made on a mac. Do you want movies to go away? No. You don’t.

And if macs didn’t exist, 100% of them would be made on PC.

Games I wouldn’t doubt are made on Linux…it pwns everything.

Somebody ran a copy of quake 4 on 24 moniters on linux. That takes a LOT of hardware… And good hardware at that.

i lol’d

Quake 4 takes no performance. I get like 1k fps.
:stuck_out_tongue:

also
quake 3

http://www.plastk.net/

In that case, no problem. xD

My GPU throttles itself to 20% capacity on quake 3 and I STILL get over 100 fps.

My macs got pathetic stuff. I cant run Quake 4 at full Graphics, and get close to 20 FPS. I can run Doom 3 (still awesome) at like 40 though on full, with like a 400MHz emulation. My compy has 1.83 Dual Core somethings, 128 MB ATI Radion X 1600, 2 GB of 677 Ram, and A Dual Layer DVD burner. Thats about all I got. Not very impressive, but it gets the job done. Still, starcraft 2 is gonna CRASH me.

not really, blizzard is optimizing that game to point where it will probably run on like my worse computer
(1.61GHz P4, 512Mb RAM, 256 meg ATi Radeon 9200)