What makes Metroid so awesome?

The thing I like most about the MP series for GCN is the controls. They’re so easy; it’s like the GCN controller was made specifically for MP.

Lol, that does make some sense…

Well, when MP Hunters came out, I was a little dissapointed with the controls. But, you can change that, so it’s alright.

I know some one alredy sed this but METROID IS JUST PLANE COOL :O_O: !

:sweat: Another bump. Another bump! Bumpin all day 'til the clouds go away!

(That was a song)

Well, as long as this is bumped…

…Ninja pirates!

That’s kind of an inside joke for the readers of metroid: third derivative. I just had to say tha.

graphics and gameplay, the unquieness of the metroid series’ style, breaking up the shooting with exploeration, cool and different abilitys (e.g. screw attack), and the awesome music. plus the main character is the icying on the cake.

Ya the graphics are great and the gameplay style is great. There arent that many good adventure games left (not counting RE4). and defenetly not Shooter andventures

The gameplay style is very open and requires a lot of exploration… My first Metroid game was on the SNES, and out of all the SNES games I’ve played, Super Metroid is just the most unique to me… It had some pretty original ideas that made it special.

amazing graphics, detailed enemies, weapons, somewhat long game, storyline is good, and challenge. hard mode on metroid prime and metroid prime 2 echoes was a good challenge for me. i rushed through easy mode just to play hard mode lol.

Somewhere between the exploration and the replayability, I think I fell in love with the Metroid series. The games are difficult (at least on your first playthrough or two…), lengthy, creative, and beautiful. Also the fact that sequence breaking is just so darned fun (Super Metroid, anyone?). :slight_smile:

First post! :smiley:

The music: 99 out of 10
the gameplay: 2000 out of 5
the character: 87654321 out of 4
the abilities: 345 out of 7
the areas: 77 out of 8
the bosses: 666 out of 9

The verdict: :metroid: is just the best!

It rox cuz I sed so. LOL

Seriously, though, It has a g-reat storyline and g-reat enemies.

It is awesome, because no other series in the world has a green Jellyfish with the power to turn things into sand…

666? Was that intentional?

yes, norfair/magmoor can be likened to the depths of a certain religious home of evil.