Which Item Upgrade Did you Like The Best

I call attention to amazon once more.

Speed booster and spring ball. Those are my favourites, especially in Super Metroid.

I think they’ve GOTTA get a speed booster for metroid prime somehow. Wouldn’t that even be fairly easy to do from first person? Or you could switch to third like so many other things. and shinespark would be awesome…

I agree. When I saw there was no speed booster in any of the Prime games I was like “Wtf…” I mean what’s metroid now without it?

yeah, but theres a problem with putting speed booster in a MP game. You would need to make a lot of linear areas in order to activate it and make it worth using, but if you make the game linear then you ruin metroid altogether. secondly, it would be too difficult to control a 3D character going at that kind of speed, and would once again not make speed booster or shinespark for that matter worth using.

Who said you’d have to run straight? I mean the glory of 3d is that it’s possible to turn without turning all the way around. I think if samus just ran in circles for a while the running build up could possibly be what we’re looking for. as for control…Well, speed booster was never particularly big on control but I could see switching to a 3D view and just running like crazy…the shinespark would be odd to program but I’m sure nintendo could work something out.

The boost ball half pipe thing was bad enough. I think though if they make the controls easier to handle, they could pull off a speed booster where you ran in circles.

I like the half-pipes. I can fly!!! :laughing: I don’t think Speed Booster would be easy to control in 3D.

Darkblade, We’ve gone over that thoroughly. there wasn’t a whole lot of control in 2D either and I’m sure the nintendo people could think up a way it wouldn’t be worthless.

It’d probably end up like Screw Attack. Curse Retro… :imp:

…eh…possibly but that’s a risk I’d be willing to take.

Wouldn’t shinespark replace Screw Attack then?

Not necassarily. Albeit true that, considering how the screw attack works it could be equal or superior in function, There would still be room for the screw attack (don’t have to get the running buildup) and besides, if they do program a shinespark it might give them an excuse to make screw attack actually steer beyond the point of 2 inches.

The screw attack is pretty amazing. It can turn on a dime. Albeit, it can’t turn back the other way and anything wider than a dime you’re pretty much gonna crash.

IMO, the only things amazing about Screw Attack are the Wall Jump and how fast it dispatches Rezbits. :smiling_imp:

The wall jump was still underapplyed…

They should’ve never added the walljump to the Screw Attack. I think that Samus should’ve beenable to do it automatically as in Super Metroid. If she could learn how to run faster maybe she’d be able to jump those walls.

Well the problem with being in 1st-person view is that you can’t tell she’s actually going about as fast as she does in 2D.

Wall Jump would be almost impossible to implement in first person. That’s why the just added it to Screw Attack.

Eh…First person can be difficult to work with at times but the weapon system is awesome. Could probably do a sort of 007 everything-or-nothing type engine though.

NOOOOOOO! You’re kidding, right?