Xenosaga II: Jenseits von Gut und Boese

Yay the second movie err I mean game in the Xenosaga series is comming out this week and yours truly has gotten his hands on a copy prematurely once again ^_^. (I love my friend’s Japanese PS2).

Let me first say that those of you that were hoping there’d me more interactivity in this game, well you got it…kind of. They’re getting better with less movies, but its still heavily doused with movies out the wazoo. Not that I’m complaining, I love the art.

Speaking of the art, it’s changed dramtically. It moved from a chibi/realistic cartoony style as most Anime has(Think Chobits, Tokyo Mew Mew) to a more realisitc Animeish style (Think Bleach, Kenshin etc…). The voice acting is great dub wise compared to most dubbing companies. Basically if you liked the first game’s voices, you’ll like these because they’re pretty much the same.

Music? If you’re a fan of Yuki Kajiura(Noir, .hack//SIGN…) you’ll LOVE this game’s music. She did alot of the songs for this game. If you like swords, there’s an awesome sword fight between Jin Uziki and Margulis.

The battle system has been improved allowing more interactions with your teammates, including Combo attacks where two of your party members combine thier power and create awesome special moves. It’s a lot diffrent than the first game or even Xenogears.

The story spans one DVD I believe, plus if you preorder you get a bonus DVD with four hours of Xenoextras. Overall I give this game my seal of approval. So let me know what you think of the game.

(Personally if you ask me, Xenogears was way better and it’s a shame most of you may be too young to even remember Xenogears).