Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony in London

On tuesday night I had the pleasure of going. I thought I would share my thoughts.

1. Music was downright amazing, it was played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra - I don’t need to tell you how good they are. They played all the classic favourites and some new tunes from Skyward Sword.

2. Zelda composer Koji Kondo, producer Eiji Aonuma and celebrity fan Zelda Williams were the special guests at the show.

Aonuma introduced and closed the concert.

Then Zelda Williams was introduced by conductor Eimar Noone. She read out some tweets from fans and could be seen to get a bit emotional when she talked about how much the games meant to her.

Finally Koji Kondo came on to play a piece of music from Wind Waker on the piano.

1. Nintendo really did make a real effort. Their were so many posters and a little museum detailing the history of Zelda.

However, the best thing - apart from the music - was being able to PLAY Skyward Sword, and fuck me this so cool, you could tell instantly that the game has really benefited from motion plus controls.

It was the same as the E3 demo, you could do either: flying or a dungeon or a boss battle. I chose the Dungeon and you got about 15 minutes play time, before you had to give it over to the next person.

All in all it was by far the best nintendo related evening I have been to. They just made so much effort. And the apollo was full to the brim :slight_smile:

This is why I wish I had money. There’s another general video game symphony coming up in November I think, but I can’t remember where it is and I wouldn’t be able to find/pay for tickets anyway.

Not just any piece from WW…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JALVWbkZQ8M

You also forgot that he walked off stage extra awesome, and was never seen again.