*** Artifacts of the Month ***

I think I can do the boost ball. Been waiting for a chance to show my skills.

Alrighty.

Timmehboy: I just realized, how are we going to do the runic symbol gates in 2D? The spiderball one we can do since the spiderball tracks go along the BG, but… The best option I can think of would be to make them into cubes that face the user (ie. looking the same as in MP). But you could also make them thick gates with the symbols going down the sides, or…

Anyway, the Hall’s heads are probably not going to be integrated into the bg as in anti-aliased in or anything (especially not the one that explodes), but they’ll probably be background objects. So you could do them as sprites now. (Though you have a lot on your platter already :stuck_out_tongue: )

They can wait. I have all the necessary pictures to do the sprites on my mob, but I’ve lost the PC/Mobile cable :angry: . They’re not perfect for spriting, so I’ll check the vids ->EDIT but it doesn’t work with my WMP. SHIT.

The Boost Ball is going great. Sadly, there’s a lack of sprites, but I’m working on it.

It is purple. It should be.

The embedded flash ones should work. Otherwise you may need DivX codec or VLC player.

Anyway…

Any objections?

Edit: Ooh, boost ball… I thought it was just a rotating morph ball in Prime, but I guess don’t really remember.

Beautiful…Simply beautiful.
I have no idea how I am supposed to make the morph ball look like its going super fast, but I think I’m only supposed to do the upgrade. Not sure.

Troid, that’s fantastic. sex

And done.
Someone animate this please?

Cool.

I’d recommend Mason’s Kinesis Animator for making animations, since it’s great for sprite sheets. Speaking of that, I should add it to the first post, if Mason doesn’t mind. >.>

Feel free. I made it just for you spriters. :smiley:

That boost ball is cool, but it seems as though the particles reappear a little fast.

The middle of the boost ball is inaccurate, as are the creases. It’s also pillowed, the light source needs to be top left.

Well, its not the actual Morph ball, its the upgrade.

As in that…Jesus, I’m off a lot. I’ll do something about the particles.

Samus is looking at the ball from the left in that picture. Or from the right, depending on how the room will look in 2D. So the Light source needs to be changed, the middle white bit needs to be smaller, and a couple of other minor changes.

Doesn’t the Boostball upgrade rotate the same way as the morphball hologram here?

The boost ball rotates in a ridiculous way that ya’ll would see if I hadn’t lost the boost ball I made in a hard drive crash. >_>

Uh, yeah, that is exactly what I based this rotation off of. Don’t think that I still have your original sheet though…

T92, that’s excellent!! Excellent!! I’ve got the upper arm’s shape but I’ve got no idea what the color schemes are, as the picture quality of my pics are so bad. I neede to do a morphball in order to respect proportions, so it seems alright.

LATER: I have problems finding the right colours, so I put it red or grey.

Eww. Phazon vomit.
I know, I know. Its actually ice. Its sweet, nonetheless.

Still got colour + detail problem :angry: . I really need some help.

Morphball is 16x16.

And whoa, severe contrast issues. If your darkest shade is a light brown, then your lightest should seriously be, like, white. But your darkest shade shouldn’t be light brown.