*** Artifacts of the Month ***

From what I saw from Sloth he seemed pretty cool… but then that was last year, or the year before that.
Haha, this is the first place I started visiting since I first sprited, and I still go and visit here on a regular basis… I’ve got and getting better, so I’ll be able to give more quality stuff to this awesome project and community (or what is left).
We should seriously try and get more people to go here, and I had this idea, but it may be stupid and a bit too… idealistic. It would be to look for young people who’ve got potential, around the age of 12-14, take them on and just give them all your spriting knowledge, like if they were your apprentice in some way. Just an idea.

like rundas ;D

Xactly Guyz

Wow. I could have my very own padawan.

Yes Master. kneels

Edit* Oh wait, you mean Rundas. XD

You’re thinking of the Magmoor Workstation Machine. The Energy Core Devices are three machines in a Chozo Ruins room called Energy Core, and they look like this:

I am not joking about the size.

Also, I was completely incorrect when I put “Plasma Processing Pipes” on the sprite list. What I really had in mind was “Plasma Processing Columns”, the four that surround the Plasma Beam upgrade. However, the pipes are a higher priority, so I’m glad I was wrong.

When I was originally compiling the sprite list, I played through Metroid Prime and wrote down every little detail I noticed from room to room. However, I later did not know how to categorize the unimportant, nameless, tile-like, or hard-to-describe details, so I deleted most of them and pretended that they belonged to the “tilesets” and assumed that whoever did the “tilesets” would cover every little detail without needing a list. The whole list is kind of a mess because of that. The “Plasma Processing Columns” are one of those things I did not remove for whatever reason.

So, all the details that make up the world, even many of the most common ones, are not on the list. It needs redoing sometime.

In other news, I’m working on a “common detail” that isn’t on the list:

I will try to fix the depth problem, seeing as it’s very flat-looking.

Here is how the force field animates (except it would normally be see-through):

Sorry, Daz, I beat you to a force field. It wasn’t hard to make, though. <.<

OH DICKS!

Troid once again proves his worth

which is a helluvalot

Wow nice sprites!

I was hesitating in saying that, thought it might sound a bit too geek.
But then, I already am a geek if I’m browsing such a board :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice work, Troid.

So… should we try this?

Or should we write and draw a fucking great tutorial?
Because tutorials are great to help you get better at drawing pixelart if you aren’t blind.

i vote padawan

Tutorials are HARD to do… I’ve tried. I just end up doing stuff for them.

I think what this project is lacking more than anything is a main programmer. I’m certain more people could be attracted to the site if there was progress with the game itself.

I guess I good spriting tutorial could help, if anyone who couldn’t sprite wanted to learn how.

Nice force field, btw, Troid!

well…
maybe i can take the role after some college
im going to a two year, so maybe in 6 months to a year i could start xDDDD

We won’t have one before then, so,… yeah. I’d like to learn, but I’m not much good. All I have is that crate. and that GOD AWFUL baby sheegoth…

Did this topic get forgotten?

yes xDDD

guess so. I was wondering what happened.

stab in the dark: troid got overwhelmed with studying for APs

Too right Mr. Prime Essence. And, the summer should lead a MASSIVE amount of work to be done. As in it GETS done.