Aviary

So, I was at first dismayed to open up my email and find an advertisement from Worth1000 promoting a new Web site. Really now, W1K? You’ve stooped so low?

Then I saw what it actually was.

Whoaaah.

I’ve yet to play around with it much yet, but it looks pretty awesome so far. It’s a package that has a Photoshop clone, vector image editing, color swatch editing (whatever that is), and something else I don’t remember, with more features promised.

No installation, no cost, nothing–just “image editing tools without the $2000 pricetag”.

http://aviary.com

So far I’ve only messed with Phoenix (the Photoshop application). It runs straight from the browser, saves your files to your personal free account, can export to gif/jpg/png/tif, has layers and plenty of PS tools… So yeah. Check it out, if you’re like me and want to do cool effects without paying tons of money or pirating.

Dazzy out.

Thank you, Daz. Another way to squander all my time while I should be doing homework D=

Looks awesome, planning to waste many hours with it :slight_smile:

Damn straight! :smiley:

Hm, it only has two fonts though, and I can’t find a way to rasterize the text layer so that I can edit the text manually.

This is making my sig more difficult than it should be. >_>

Hm… That’s kind of a problem with online programs like this, you can’t plug in all the customizations you want.
You could go to photoshop and copy-paste the text from that to the program, but that’s defeating the purpose a bit <_<

I’m actually playing around with that Peacock program, though. It seems awesome.

Edit: And this is what I have so far.
I’m sad to say it’s a bit pixely, I hoped it would be smoother… with Peacock, there’s no real way to smooth it out…

I really wanted to try it but all I get is:
'Server Error in ‘/apps’ Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.’