Boss Sprites

Here’s my complete Meta Ridley. Well, it’s complete unless someone else thinks I can do better. I posted this before, but since you said to post it here, here it is:

I also made the fireball attack.

All this needs is animation, which I did a little bit on.

I’m not good at it… but, you think I should make the wings flap and the tail move?

Well, that doesn’t make this complete… :blush:

You’re going to need A LOT more poses than that. I mean, Come on. Haven’t you played the game? :3

It’s a start :neutral_face: Course P2D already has a Meta Ridley sheet and the fact that they aren’t letting anymore people in due to the fact that they have almost everything they need (except if you’re a programmer…)

OMG There is already a Ridley sheet???

I think I saw one before…

NOO!

So, I made this for nothing… :confused: :cry:

IDEA! :slight_smile:

Maybe those Ridley sprites, since they’re flying, can be used for the cutscene at the beginning, and when you fight him, you use these poses, since they look like a battle-ish pose, lol…

And, no, I’m not a programmer. I’m doomed, that’s what…

EDIT: Now, my Ridley sheet has over 20 poses; but the file is too large to upload…

DOUBLE EDIT: Here, I had to split the file in half:

That’s one half…

TRIPLE EDIT: (Whoa…)

Here’s the other half…

Hope you like them!

QUADRUPLE EDIT:

Woot! Sorry to kinda change the topic, but this is mi 50th post! I’m a Geemer now!
What’s that mean…

make it a PNG. If you’ve got something that saves that format, of course…
my suggestion: Adobe photosop.

I don’t have anything besides Paint, you see… that’s why my Ridley looks like a burnt chicken…

Well, I already split the file, on my other post… (I edited it 3 times)

Stop being a retard, okay? Paint is the best program for spriting there is, and using that as an excuse is one of the most asinine things a ‘spriter’ can do.

Either way that Ridley is terribly inaccurate, poorly shaded, it’s an edit when we need full scratch, it doesn’t have nearly the poses we need, it’s the wrong scale, and we already have a Ridley anyway.

That was the most polite thing I’ve ever read.

Well, most spriters prefer PSP, and so they believe that Paint is bad.

Well, Paint is actually pretty neat, I guess… :smiley:

No, idiot spriters believe that. Using effects to cover up for lack of skill doesn’t make you good. It makes you a lazy and poor spriter. Actual spriters use either Paint or Idraw.

However, I apologize for being so rude about it. It just really pisses me off seeing that excuse used so fucking often when it isn’t valid anyway.

Never heard of Idraw before…

Well, yes, shading isn’t very easy in Paint, so it does require hard work…

But, my Ridley still looks like a Burnt Chicken, you have to admit…

Yes, that’s right. Hard work. Hard work is what makes a sprite good. Taking shortcuts to shade for you does not. :stuck_out_tongue: Just practice, keep going, and you’ll get there eventually.

Now, let’s move back to your sprite thread, as this is off topic.

Well, along with Ridley, I also made a Baby Sheegoth. I thought I’d mention it here, because to defeat Sheegoth, you first have to defeat four Baby Sheegoth. So, I guess that’s part of the boss…

I have to fix the back though. And, this is from scratch…

This topic is for complete bosses. That is neither complete nor a boss. Please go back to your own thread.

And we already have a baby sheegoth, I believe, nor do we need one because we’re focusing on the Frigate.

Please, stop trying to work for the game for now. Your sprites, while better than most beginners, aren’t even nearly close to our style or quality, plus you just keep doing things we don’t need yet anyway. Just practice with your own stuff, or do MP stuff for practice I guess, but don’t bother with P2D until you improve.

But judging by what you already have, there isn’t any more room for new people working on P2D except for programmers, which practically nobody is…

Go to PQ.bmp at baitpump.com\metroid.Feel free to suggest things, cuz this is only a base sprite(I.E. yet to have effects.Also if you have tools, make the slime drip. :smiley:

OMG THATS SPAM! WARN YOURSELF IMEDIATLY DAZZY! SOMEONE COME WARN HER!

oh, and… thats the most useless post ive seen. and thats the most useless boss ive seen… oh and thats the most useless website ive seen. oh, and it looks like santa clause with a green beard XD i dont think that they will use that. i REALLY dont think that they will use that. i SUPREMELY dont think that they will use that. i ULTIMATLY dont think that they will use that.

Spam? It was a bump. Yeah, this topic is dead because everything’s going to the frigate and there’s only one boss there. BTW, where’s the Parasite Queen? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope. We use Deluxe Paint, GIMP, Pixen, Graphics Gale and Photoshop.
Noone will be forced to use filters just beacouse they have access them.

Photoshop has the best shortcuts, and that makes it easier to navigate the image and to select colors/palettes/tools. When you buy Photoshop, you will also get ImageReady. It’s a really good program for making animations out of layers. But it’s kind of expensive.

Deluxe Paint is my old favorite from my Amiga-days. It requires a pretty fast Amiga with some extra memory to work properly, but it’s worth it.
Best. Software. Ever.

alright, i want to say this so i can help settle something here…

WHO CARES WHAT YOU USE TO MAKE SPRITES!?

IF YOU THINK PAINT SUCKS, THATS FINE, USE SOMETHING ELSE, PHOTOSHOP SUCKS? YOU JUST SAVED A LOT OF MONEY, BUT REALLY, WHO CARES? ITS JUST SPRITES, THEY GET DONE, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, AND ALL OF THEM CAN MAKE GOOD SPRITES, SO TO END THAT ONE TOPIC THERE LET ME STATE JUST ONE MORE TIME:

WHO CARES? ITS JUST A SPRITE, RELAX, AND DO YOUR BEST WITH WHATEVER YOU USE!

thank you all for listening to my pointless jibberjabber…may i recieve my warning now?, lol