**Build demo topic**

ERROR in
action number 3
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object button_menu:

Error opening file for writing.

what should i do :confused: ?

Hasn’t this been addressed already?

PULL IT OUT OF THE ZIP FILE! DON’T RUN DIRECTLY FORM THAT ZIP ARCHIVE! IF YOU DON’T THEN YOU CAN’T HAVE PLAYER FILES, HENCE THE FAILURE TO OPEN THE FILE FOR WRITING!

well, with this i can play doom3, half life 2, stronghold 2 ecc. i have to add a 512MB or a 1024 MB bank

I dunno. I always unzipped it before trying to play. still, no luck.

when you scan the thing outside the frigate everything but the background disapears

What thing outside the frigate? What? When?

Oh wait, do you mean that after you can something everything in the rear disappears except for the text but it reappears after you stop scanning? If so, I think that’s known of (I believe it was a temporary fix for the missile icon glitch, correct?)

Ill be more chear. You start the demo and you pass the first shield. then you get to the one you have to scan. when the scaning meter thing is full all the sprites and tiles disapear all thats left is the background and the text.

the new one is really cool, i really feel dejavu of metroid prime when i play it…how do i go down the elavtor after scanning it?

Ok, and? Once you quit out of the text does everything reappear again?

EDIT: Well that’s wierd… I thought that was a temporary fix, and now it doesn’t happen anymore. Jeez, DF, you’ve got alot to fix and nobody even knows what!

And im_better, what elevator? Was that just recently included and I’m not aware of it?

Well, this is probably obvious, but it crashes when you die (before you say anything, it was on purpose, lol). Man, there’s well too many buttons though.

:confused: It didn’t crash for me when I died pathetically by a lounging pirate. It went back to the menu… I’m repeating that “DF you have your work cut out for you” stuff.

That has something to do with your video card or your version with directX. But that piece of code has changed already, so it shouldn’t appear anymore in the next versions.

To those who haven’t downloaded it, here is a fixed 2.5 version: http://www.samus.co.uk/destroyer/mp2d_df_2-53.zip

Tried it. It’s ok, though a few of the stupid bugs are still in there, like the spelling error and the way you can activate the switches just by scanning them. Other than that it’s shaping up nicely, but something about the elevator bugs me… I just don’t know what it is… (No, it’s not the lack of sounds or the sparks, it’s something about how it works with the invisible wall and the way how, when standing in front of the gear, there’s a gap between Samus and the floor. That and the way you step up on it. I don’t know, it just seems… odd…).

I noticed one part of version 2.5 that wouldn’t work very well in a tutorial, in the Map Room, you have to double bomb jump to get out, it’s not that difficult for a seasoned Metroid Prime vet like me, but still, someone trying it for the first time, like my little brother, couldn’t. Could you look into that?

>_> Uh, no you don’t… Your little brother must have never played Metroid, or maybe he was lying, but in any case you don’t need to bomb jump more than once to get out.

New demo

http://www.samus.co.uk/destroyer/mp2d_df_2-6.zip

What’s new:

• space frigate up to pq
  • beta pq
  • beta save station
  • aiming 90? up and 270? down
  • fixed all scanning problems
  • fixed many small glitches
  • beta plasma beam

Known glitches:

• shoot trough the elevator in room 14
  • jump into ceiling when morphing in mid-air
  • see troids glitch list for other unfixed glitches

The pq extra

• the pq is beta, report glitches, comments and ideas to edthedestroyer
  • the pq does not do any damage
  • the pq cannot be damaged
  • once you’ve reached the pq, there’s no way to get back, you’ll have to restart the game

The plasma beam extra

• sounds are not correct
  • no charged plasma yet

Have fun!

just finished playing. that was awesome. i think i got all 14 rooms…

I can’t even get to the parasite queen… The door unlock only opens the door you came from. The only new glitch I could find is that when scanning the door to the parasite queen, it looks like it’s scanning the other door instead, though I’m sure that this is just to save room because they are the same object.

Hint: It’s something more longterm, not just about the room before the PQ.

Very helpful. But Damn, this demo kicks ass. I was espcially impressed with the room with the hibernating parasite queen, and the one with the dead pieces. It looks great, but why didnt you include the banging door witht the sidehopper in it?(i’ve always assumed that was a sidehopper)?? Anyway, i havent fought the PQ yet, but i’ve only played the demo once. Keep up the good work.