**Build demo topic**

There’s even a slight chance I might make the game up to the … damn can’t remember that thing’s name. The first boss that gives you the missiles >_>
The engine I’m making now can definatly handle it.

P2D isn’t dead ya know…

You could also distribute it in pieces.
About 25% of the game per .exe
Just a thought…

Eh, P2D is as good as dead after the demo. We’ll be programmerless, and we are missing half of our sprites. THE GOOD HALF!

But if CFX ever finishes MetEngine…

Or if someone else takes DF’s engine to completion…

Assuming CFX does finish his engine (Which we can’t exactly “push” him to do, since he isn’t a team member any more), we would still need someone to make p2d using that engine.

Which isn’t particularly difficult, really. Changing a whole bunch of variables… a programmer with a bit of talent could do it. (Well, I might be really wrong, of course, but I thought that was CFX’s purpose: to make an easily editable engine)

I think it the Hive Mecha our something I just played Metroid Prime over the weekend.

What is the other half of the sprites that you(refering to p2d team) is missing?

Hive Mecha. That’s the boss that gives you the Missiles for the first time. It’s in the Chozo Ruins and releases Ram War Wasps.

The half after the frigate. Which is more than half.

No, I mean half of the sprites that are already done are missing.

lol u tk him 2da bar|?

blargensfargen (my post count needs nerfing >_>)
EDIT: also, oh, I see what you mean.

Hey DF hows the engine holding up? Do you think you’ll be able to do what you proposed without having a butt load of glitches and errors? If so that would be awesome!

0.o Timaster did you get bored again?

Heres a list of glitches/bugs( or… things that you can do that I dont think you should be able to) that are still in the demo:

-You can jump over the first wall.

• If you have a chraged beam, and spin jump and let go of the shoot button, the sound just stops and you haveto charge again… not really sure if its a bug/glitch but…

-If you walk in a room then walk out as soon as the fade out begins, you can see samus walking out again.

I think thats it.

EDITS:

-I found if you do a spin jump, normally (no running) then in the middle of it hold down the run button, you go faster… Is that a glitch/bug?

-When you die, you still hear that sound as if you got hit or something.

-When you die, the game doesnt start over :astonished: you haveto close it then restart it.

SOME MORE:

-If you jump over the first wall, shoot the next and then go through the door, then go back, the first wall is as if the things were shot.

• You can shoot missles while charged.

Ok, thx. I’ll look into those.

The engine is holding up just fine, it’s getting better and better every day :slight_smile:
The new save system I made is really good. Al I got to do is place a save station in a room and that’s it, the engine can handle it from there. Save files are also encrypted now, so no more messing around looks at Troid

There’s only 2 hard parts to redo and that’s the intro and the scanning system. After that, I can release demo 3.0 :wink:

I think the intro could use some work still on our (the spriters) part. The cutscene pic of the frigate I did should be scrapped and instead used as a reference for a new, large, sprite. The back view of the ship is also kind of weird looking; that should be redone. Otherwise, we’re good in that area. Just make sure you do it right this time. :wink:

that sounds great DF I hope i don’t sound impatient when asking this. Do you have a projected release date for the demo?

Heh, I’m going to need that Intro movie again, DF. <_____<

(The link doesn’t work any more)

…DF?