**Build demo topic**

If you look back it’s a known glitch and is most likely being worked on. It’s probably an error in state changing causing the Samus object to go into some kind of odd infinite loop.

EDIT:
DF should probably take a look at his for structures and make sure nothing in it’s going to kill it.

Same thing happened to me, except at one time it locked me in Morph Ball without any control respondings. It also seems to happen when you take damage from the turret while you are in the hologram.

Shooting things doesn’t work very well. I think some of the animations (ie. explosion and Samus turning) need slowed down a few milliseconds. And the biggest room actually goes slow on my computer. Additionally, you might be able to get hit a little too rapidly for my tastes…I’m basing that idea on Super Metroid, though. The scan visor is nice, but the scan target should be that which is nearest the center of the range, not the nearest to Samus. I can’t remember for sure because I haven’t played in a long time, but I think the morph ball should sink into the locks where the holigrams are.

There are several Z-order issues: the red scan bar sometimes shows up behind the object being scanned. Samus’s arm cannon shows up on top of the elevator glass when you’re pressed against it rather than being behind it. And I’m sure you’ve noticed that your debugging information is hidden by walls. :slight_smile:

Ok, got lots of stuff to do, the glitch list is huge :frowning:

Big
--------------------------------------------------------------

[color=yellow]- You can’t fire the first shot while moving (you can only fire when the armcannon is pointing forward)

• Sometimes all weapons seem to temporarily stop doing damage (especially on the debris pile that’s supposed to be destroyed with one charge shot)
  • No save station scan? Glow appears after you enter? No energy restoration?
  • Enemies need scans
  • SECRET WORLD
    Hop onto the elevator when it’s down below. Jump, and as you’re jumping morph (down twice) then unmorph (up once) before reaching the ceiling. If successful, you’ll pop through the entire ceiling. If not, you may bounce off the ceiling or float through it but not enough to reach the top.
  • You’ll take damage from enemies in the room while dying.[/color]
    - Setting fullscreen on the opposite ratio you’re currently on leads to temporary glitches → can’t fix this one, gm sux
    - If you press and hold the scanning button to remove a scan message and then face a different scan point, you can scan it forever until you deactivate the glitch. The point does not become unscannable afterwards like in previous versions, however.
  • I still seem to get trouble with my alt key at room transitions, but I’m beginning to think it’s not the game’s fault.
  • If you mockball and unmorph into a morph ball tunnel you can get stuck.
  • You can still unmorph into ceilings, but not enough to not come back down
    - I keep getting the first pirate at the bottom of the 12th room to keep firing into himself while I walk around in front of him → this is something edthedestroyer should look at
    - in the room before the save station if you enter the hologram in morphball the controls have a chance of freezing up entirely.

Medium

- You can’t fire shots while spin-jumping → yes you can, but not when you’re directly under a ceiling, otherwise you’d get stuck inside it
[color=yellow]- The borders and progress bars of scan points are covered by doors, Samus, and many other things

• No map acquired fanfare?
  • At the morph ball slot beneath the last elevator, there’s a scan that says it doesn’t work, even when it actually does
  • Bombs work while you’re inside said slot (lay one before entering)
  • Large door near end seems to be missing
  • The background music plays during the appearance fanfare
  • Switching to the scan visor while in morph ball makes the points appear for a frame. Scan points inside the area where the light would normally be are brighter. You can’t lay morph ball bombs during this frame.
  • Room transitions to smaller rooms in widescreen mode are jerky at the end
  • If you unmorph in the air you can’t morph again until you land.
  • If you stand at the bottom of the ramp next to the map station and jump, Samus’s animation gets messed up and she will always jump the full height even if you release the jump key early.[/color]

Small

- Red scan progress bars?
- Multiple scanning sounds seem to play at once when scanning → not a glitch, that’s just how the sound is like, there’s specific code to prevent that the same sound is played multiple times
[color=yellow]- There are two missing tiles beneath the third room that the scan visor light shows through

• The map station doesn’t turn off after downloading the map data
  • The first room in the game should have no music–the ambiance should begin in the second
  • I’ve never figured out how it works, but in MP there’s like a 50% chance that the ambiance will begin playing after the first morph ball slot near the end. But I think it will always play when you exit the save station.
  • Charging should take longer so the sounds overlap well
  • Hold up or down while running and jump, and the spin-jump sound will play for a split second[/color]
    [color=orange]- The spin jump graphic doesn’t look natural. It’s too obvious that it’s just rotating the sprite. → It looks better and smoother then the sprite animation IMO, I’m not gonna change it.
  • Saving everything you’ve already scanned while going to different rooms would be good, as well as similar scans only needing to be scanned once → I’ve thought about that, but that’s nearly impossible to do in gamemaker, thanks to it’s crappy array support[/color]

TODO stuff

• yes/no question for saving

• yes/no question for deleting

• save the screen res preferences

• tractor beam

• power suit

• pq

• escape sequence

• intro

• ending

• credits

I’ll be working on that next weeks

Yellow: fixed
Orange: not a glitch / can or will not be fixed

Figured it out.

If you kill the Space Pirate below that elevator, the ambiance track will begin playing in place of the main theme. If you don’t kill that Space Pirate, the main theme will continue playing, unless you save at the station, exit, and reload your game, in which case it will be the ambiance track. I think they assumed everyone would kill the Pirate, but apparently I kill it only about 50% of the time.

If I may offer a suggestion–I’m not sure how your engine works, so I don’t suppose it’s definite that this would work. You could check whether the tile above Samus is solid before starting to unmorph. Alternatively, I suppose you could create an invisible object and check if it collided with a ceiling.

If P2d never becomes a full gave ever, I may have to rely on my foam, felt peaces and origami. I’m Serious!

I’m not gonna go into detail that much… I’ll switch the music at the room before the save station.
edit
Also this is my last post in a week, I’m on a vacation tomorrow :smiley:

Is P2d just a demo made by Destroyer F? Is There no FULL game? Please tell me!

the game isn’t done yet… once the full frigate demo is done, we’ll hopefully be able to advertise and get some more team members to help speed things up.

Daz is the grim reaper? That’s funny. I’m Serious!

post show

post show

edit

of course it is funny! i made it funny >.>;

i simply posted that because if you slip up or start slacking on the rules, he’s there, warning you. of course, that isn’t a bad thing, that’s his job, and im not being sirious in my signature either; hope you understand that daz.

edit
why did you post that in the build demo topic? are we going to incorporate daz, the grim reaper into the demo? O.o

i thought not.

Yeah, I just got this great idea, or sort of.

You know, since P2D is nearing completion, or something like that, why don’t we do exactly what Nintendo isn’t doing, and HYPE the game a bit. I’m normally not the one to suggest, but I have a couple ideas.

-General promotional materials-Wallpaper, avatars, sigs, etc…

-A minigame Demo or two. Sort of like the Tallon Overworld Demo we released, but moreso just to show what we can do. For example, mabye a “survival” type game where you have to keep on killing metroids or something until you die. Or mabye another detonation sort of thing.

-A trailer of sorts. We’ve seen them for projects destined for development hell,but P2D is one of the ONLY Game projects on the internet with any credibility.

Anyway, just a suggestion, since I can just imagine what’ll happen on the N-sider forums.
Nsidernewb1: OMG, did u hear, they released new P2D stuff!!!
Nisidernewb2:LIEK, REALLY?
Nsidernewb1: Ya, they even have Metroids in it!
Nsidernewb2: Wow, I can’t wait till this game comes out!
Nsidernewb1: They also have this WAAAAAAAY cool frigate demo
Nsidernewb2: Wow, they do? I gotta check this out!
Nsidernewb1: Tell your friends!!!
Nsidernewb2: I WILL!!!

[/dramatization]

But anyway, I don’t mean do anything big or serious. We should focus all of our main efforts on the demo, but we have plenty of capable non team members who could do stuff like this.

Any support? I’m not volunteering, I just wondered if you thought it would help.

I would start hyping the game once it’s complete. There are still some hard parts to be done which could take up some time.
Once the game is more or less complete, I plan to advertise the hell out of it.

Ah, I guess that’s true. But dont you mean the demo? After all, the demo itself is an impressive feat, when compared to ANY internet fangame. But yeah, I just thought some promotional material could boost our member count, and mabye get us some more useful people. I had fixed some links on some sites to link to the new site, but I think we could attract more spriters/programmers by promotion, though I think that’d be a more necessary step after the demo is complete.

Is Prime 2d dying? Is there hope after the demo?

Yes.

Yes as in Prime 2d dying or hope after the demo?

The latter.