**Build demo topic**

I’ll check out those glitches later.

Added some screenshots from the new demo on the site: http://metroidprime2d.co.uk/screenshots.html

Are we ever going to get that fixed? <_<

Anyway, I think we really need new Samus sprites. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do too, for a longtime now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, it shouldn’t be all that difficult; just use MH’s design and color scheme but base the poses themselves off of the Super ones. I’ll take a whack at it. (like I don’t have enough on my plate…) DF, can you post the current sprite sheet?

Oh you damn well better not base the poses off Super’s. Remember that horrible and awkward “standing on tiptoes” fiasco DF tried a while back? And most of our sprites are at an angle to add depth, whereas Super’s are all completely flat.

Just because something happens to be from what’s considered the best game doesn’t instantly make it good.

Base the poses off ZM or something. Those are actually well-sprited.

Um. A little apprehensive there, aren’t we?

I guess you have reason to be; your distaste toward Super Metroid’s Samus sprites is absolutely not shared. It has the smoothest running animation of all the 2d games, and as for the tiptoe “dilemma”, it looks fine when done right. Like in Super Metroid. You know that game that the entire style of our game is based off of instead of another game called Zero Mission…?

No, it looked like shit in SM, and it would look like shit if done again.

And our style is original, but moreso based on a larger ZM than SM. Our style is not flat and fugly.

The running animation is smooth, yes, but the flatness and tiptoe are abysmal.

That’s a nice opinion, but again, it isn’t shared.

So unless you agree, it doesn’t matter who else does?

Interesting.

Either way, the “tiptoe” shit doesn’t fit the suit at all. It just makes no sense. And on top of that, it wasn’t in Prime, so there’s NO reason to implement it besides “Super did it”.

And again, our other sprites are not flat like SM’s were. Regardless of whether you LIKE them flat or not, it won’t fit our style.

No, I just don’t think they are flat. Super Metroid has a beautiful style, and one completely preferable to the GBA games’.

If I’m the one making them, I obviously have the final say in how they look. I would be stupid not to consider others’ opinions, but at the same time am not going to refrain from basing the poses off of Super’s just because you dislike the game, which LIKE IT OR NOT, is the standard for p2d. Just so you know, I don’t need to use the graphic style you so utterly loathe. Nor do I even need to lift the heels off the ground in the standing position. They aren’t necessary to Super’s animations. But I have no reason to go out of my way to avoid these things unless you can give me better input than “omg fugly”.

I dislike the game? Huh, then I wonder why I spent $10 rebuying it on VC and have made it my most-played Wii channel besides the Disc. I must be a masochist then.

It’s still ugly.

Also, were you dropped as a child or something? I’m saying not to use it because it deosn’t fit the style, not because it’s ugly.

And yes, they are flat. They’re flat in the sense that they do not have the semi-3/4 angle that both P2D and ZM share.

Whether you think it’s a “beautiful” style or not, it does NOT belong in P2D, as nothing else is done from a flat side view, nor is anything else shaded with such little vertical variation.

“Go out of your way to avoid these things”?

Well, that settles it. You ARE just either a complete retard, or TRYING to piss me off.

First off, you have to go out of your way to ADD them. Second off, I DID give you reasons. It’s unnatural, it doesn’t look good, it wasn’t like that in Prime, and such.

You want a reason besides that it’s fugly, huh?

Funny. I wasn’t aware that “looking bad” wasn’t a valid reason to complain about a graphical design choice. Guess I’ve been wrong all my life. I better go kill myself before I corrupt anyone else with simple common sense and logic.

Apparently.

Well, it wouldn’t be the first time you had no idea of what you were talking about.

Again, no idea of what you’re talking about.

What does shading have to do with anything?

Um, no. I would have to invent my own poses. How would that take less effort?

News to me.

News to me.

News to me.

You should know by now, I couldn’t care less about your taste in graphical design choice.

Okay, so you ARE just being a troll. Good to know.

No, I’m not. That’s just my way of saying “This looks bad” and “I think this looks bad” are two different things.

And ignoring all logic in the process and putting tons of words in my mouth.

I never once said “change it because it looks bad”. I said “change it because it’s inaccurate, physically impossible, and doesn’t fit the style of the game, plus it looks bad.”

For it to be inaccurate, you would have to know what it looks like in Prime. Which happens to be in first person.

Physically impossible? This is Metroid.

And as for not fitting the style of the game, I still, and will continue to have no clue what you are talking about.

You can see her feet in mirrors and cutscenes. Her feet do not bend there.

It’s impossible because it bends in a place where there are no joints or bends, just plain straight metal.

As for the style, while Samus herself isn’t affected as much, Super overall always has things facing flat to the side, while ZM and P2D have them at a slight angle, partially facing the camera, giving them more depth and dimension. Most notable with Ridley, but Samus is notably flatter than in ZM and such too. Even MH’s Samuses replicated this mistake to an extent.

The thing is with Zero Mission, her legs are at an angle while her gun is facing completely sideways, which doesn’t really make sense. Super’s legs do have a slight angle to them though, but not enough to make it look like her body was bending weird. This is why I always preferred Super’s.