**Build demo topic**

Whoa, very punctual.

1. okay… then go one (Or two…) better than the Metroid Fusion music…

2. I dunno WHAT is the best Metroid site… But I assure you, there are better than what we’ve seen (You guys and I)

3. uhm… Because the controls for a PS2 ROCK… better than the XBox actually… tho I like the stick placement for Xbox better, it has the blck&wht buttons in the WORST SPOT I’VE EVER SEEN!!! AHEM anyway… DF, you’re right of course… but the Logitech programs are for Logitech controls only as far as I’ve seen… And there needs to be a universal one… so, I’m gonna make one… [D And believe me… I’m gonna upload it on the WWW and post a link here… (Not this topic)

And, Dark_Samus…

1. As far as I have seen, they have yet to make a GC style compy controler.

2. I’ve never seen a GC-USB adapter before… I don’t think there is one.

3. Even if they do, a GC controler has 8 buttons (Including START) and a PS2 controller has 10 buttons (Including SELECT and START)… and everything is neatly and conviniently placed… Which is the better controller? PS2 DualShock…

Now… Let’s lay down the controlers and just walk away… Like Destroyer F said…

I’da posted this sooner… but I got kicked and never got back around to doing so…

-The music has to be accurate to prime, so we can’t use anything else but our original work. Phazon Phoenix’s Intro MIDI pwns.

-SCU has everything from guides and FAQs to Sequence Breaking and SW’s. They also have a little store and a great forum.

-DF said that we have to use a keyboard. Fine with me, though.

WTF is all this about controllers?

Matrix, I’m sorry but you just don;t get what we’re doing here. This is our own game. Other games dont jack other peoples stuff…ok they steal the engine and sounds but…;;>_>

Anyway, you don’t need to post this crap.

WE ARE MAKING ALL OUR OWN STUFF

Get it?

Jesus…why would we use a fusion piece in our game? And you also realise that we would have to convert it to midi anyway…:<

Didn’t I say 5 posts ago to stop the controller discoussion? Next person who brings it up again in this topic will get a 30% warning :>_>:

If you really want to continue, take it to pm’s plz.

You HAVE to use MIDIs? Because there is a program called Modplug tracker that can take MIDIs, and replace the instruments in the song with whatever .wav file you wish. The best part is, when you save the file, its still a tiny filesize and sounds better!

The only problem --I do not know if Game Maker can support anything other than .midi or .mp3.

._.;

Even if they were less filesize, we would probably still use midis. v_v

Yeah… We’re going to be using MIDIs. End of discussion.

If MIDIs sound bad on your computer, just get a better synth table, which will change what every MIDI instrument sounds like, similar to what that program does only without forcing you to change every MIDI yourself (plus the MIDIs keep the same file type). And if MIDIs don’t sound bad on your computer, there’s no reason to complain.

…I never once said they did sound bad. I was only making a suggestion.

Well, if that was the case, would it be possible to include a synth table with the game that ran the midis so they sound the same to everyone?

Uuuhm… no. I’m guessing they’re fairly large, having to store all those sounds and all that, and I think we want this game to be as small as possible, which is why we’re using MIDIs in the first place.

And I never said you said they sound bad. I used the word “if”…

…twice, actually. points to the last sentence in that post.

Ok, I guess this sounds ridiculous but I haven’t played the environment test demo until yesterday. Naturally, to put the forum to use, I have a few questions for you, Destroyer F. Do you mind?

Go ahead

:metroid: :metroid: :metroid: :metroid: :metroid: http://www.samus.co.uk/destroyer/mp2d_df_2-01.zip :metroid: :metroid: :metroid: :metroid: :metroid:

ya, I know…no more emoticons now

Ok, but I have to warn you, I’m going to be blunt, just to make sure that I know what’s going on. It may sound a little wierd, but bear with me, I’m trying to get the total picture in my mind:

1.) Level Design-
1a- Will the planet Tallon IV really look like that in the demo and following game? As in: Will the actual image look the same? Will there be an asteroid belt around it (like there is in Prime)? Will it move like that in the back (since planets are so big, shouldn’t it stay stationary)?

1b- Just to clarify, not all of the effects (like debris, fire, etc.) have been added yet, right?

1c- There is a spontaneous change in the color of the zig-zagging line along the floor in the first room from orange to blue. Is this going to be fixed, or does this just show the color transition into the next room because it has blue lines as well?

1d- I managed to get to the door in the first room without seeing any asteroids in the back. Will more be added later?

2.) Samus Model Completion-
2a- Will there be sound effects for running and rolling or are they not added yet?

2b- I noticed that there is no animation nor sound for Samus hitting the ground. Is this going to persist in the demo?

3.) Glitches I Found- I managed to run and roll through the two doors in the room with the dead parasite queen. I have no idea how, though, as it only happened once for each door. Maybe a problem with collision checking?

Some of those things sound kind of funny, don’t they? Well, I’m glad that you took time to answer these questions (that is if you even bother :neutral_face: )

EDIT: BTW, ver. 2-01 looks great! When it’s done, this game will be kick ass!

WE CAN SHOOT NOW?!!!

bows to DestroyerF and begins worshipping

XD

If the demo and game is going to be anything at all like version 2.1, this will be AWESOME.

The demo is quite awesome indeed.

1a) The first room of the demo will have some asteroids you can shoot, I’ll implement that in the next demo. The planet moves a bit along, to give you the feeling of depth, if it would stay stationary, you wouldn’t have that feeling anymore.

1b) None of those have been added yet, actually. They’ll be added later.

1c) It will remain that way, because of the reason you just said.

2a) There will be sound effect for that, but I don’t have the sounds yet.

2b) There will be a sound, but no animation.

1. ? You rolled trough hem when the doors were closed or something? Don’t understand what you mean.

Glad people like the demo, it’s always nice to have some support :wink:

The demo will be much better :smiley:

it’s getting better :smiley:

Just a reminder DF, with the new Backgrounds in, you forgot to add all the pipes and machinery that I made in one sheet a while back. It makes the rooms look tons better, incase you forgot about them.

Yeah, Destroyer F, I ran and rolled through the door while it was closed (I ran through the door on the left of the room and rolled through the right. So far, it hasn’t happened again, but I’ll be sure to let you know if it does).

UPDATE: Just happened again, here’s the news:
I came into the room from the left, turned around and shot open the door. But when it opened, I heard the sound play twice. So I’m thinking it’s the other door, God knows why. I get there and it’s closed. I run at it anyway and the room transitioned before I even pased the threshold. You know, I think it’s because you switch rooms the instant you hit the edge of the open door. You might want to move it back a bit, you know, so Samus goes behind the door lip before she goes through. Just a suggestion.