Could the pirates destroy the humanity?

yes im foreign ,and have the feeling that this topic is going down XD

Obey, or face the consequences. I think you know my choice.

On topic- I’m sure that you people know what hapened to Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. If an old-style A-bomb can destroy over a square mile of hilly land, and deliver third-degree burns over 64 miles away, then what could it (or, more relevantly, a modern fusion bomb) do to some thinly armored spaceship (after all, you can’t fly something that has very much armor on it.) Without “WMD’s”, the pirates would be helpless.

We have yet to see the pirates power, actaually. What makes you think they do not have nukes? Besides they would probably use phazon bombs anyway which is explosive and can do quite a bit and seeing as how they have a ton of troopers and spaceships they could obviously kill us all, not to mention they can cloak their ships, and make them invisble to heat seeking things. And this should not be a question the Pirates are a science fiction- extra-solar faring race, so, uh, yeah i guess they would win. Not to mention they are a pain in the ass to the 300+ version of our military.

They’d just bombard us w/ Geemers till we gave in. Then, they’d Phazonify the remains of the world, and give it to Ridley, who would promptly fall asleep and crash into a building, which would set off an insane rube-goldbergian chain reaction, enactiong yet another 5-minute time limit-explosion.

Something tells me Bush won’t be presedent in 20X5. <_<

…So Bush can be left out of the discussion entirely.

Actually, I’m pretty sure that the Pirates would use Antimatter bombs - it’s the next logical, and more powerful step up from nuclear weapons.

I’m pretty sure the pirates would have point-defense weapons that could explode a nuke before it reached them. Besides, anything smaller than a carrier should easily be able to dodge a slow-moving nuclear missile.

Knuckle is Brazillian. How well can YOU speak a foreign language?

Anyway, as to my answer - I think the pirates could easily take us over. They have quantum/galvanic energy weapons, armored carapaces which small arms (like Samus’ pistol) shots just bounce off, perhaps stunning the pirate but nothing more, point defense cannons (probably) which could shoot down a nuke, and space ships with advanced weaponry. We have nothing that would work on them.

Besides, even if they didn’t have point-defense weaponry, they would come back with it once we use nukes on them. It’s not like it would take them long to fabricate a few hundred portable ground defense lasers.

Perhaps we might be able to overwhelm them by launching all the nukes at once, I don’t know. But then we’d run out of nukes pretty fast, and there would undoubtedly be more pirates.

We’d be able to offer some resistance, but if the Pirates set their sights on us… we wouldn’t stand a chance.

Edit: We’re talking about earth at the present moment, not in the Metroid era or the GF.

come on, they’re gonna have fun with us before they kill humanity. Geemers deploy, ridley and kraid battalion charge, zeela legion attack, etc.

I’m bilingual. I’m perfectly fluent in English and Russian. >_>

On topic: The most effective attack of the Pirates would probably be what their plans on Zebes (as I understand it) were: to use metroids to capture planets.

They’d realease a couple of metroids on Earth, and that’s all they’d need. After all, they’re invincible to everything but the highest power weapons (nukes and the like), and ice.

The only problem would be the nukes, and those could be very easily eradicated by a civilization so massive, and so advanced.

The pirates aren’t amazingly strong. The time they were the most superior enemy was on Super Metroid, and then they were using Chozo technology to fight. Seeing Zebes is destroyed, they probably don’t have Chozo technology and would fail at destroying humanity.

The only chance they have is to set a secret timebomb with the caliber of Zebes’ so nobody would know about it and we’d think we won because they’re running away. Then, boom. We’re all dead.

OFFTOPIC: I applaud you, Knuckle.

I’m talking pirate vs. human.

An average pirate is stronger than any human on earth, faster, better armored (naturally and artificially), and has better weapons. From their shields to their energy blasters, they’re just far more advanced than humans.

A wolf is more advanced than us. They can bite, run, howl, work well (many humans just argue) in packs.

But we’re superior to them.

You didn’t read my post carefully enough. Read it again:

Wolves don’t have better weapons, or better armor. That’s the key. They don’t have a sense of strategy. They cannot do anything they’re not born to do. A pirate can make a decision based on what the situation on Earth is. A wolf cannot think of a plan to take over the planet. They simply don’t have the capacity.

When you said what you did, you forgot to ask yourself one thing: how are we superior to them? We are superior because of our weapons. Your comparison doesn’t say anything.

And please, don’t make stupid comparisons like that in the future. You can’t compare an army of power-hungry sentient beings to wild animals. They don’t have anything in common.

Exactly. Becuase Space Pirates are Humanoids! :smiley:>

Come now Timaster, humans will at least have GFed weaponry, so they’ll fight off the pirates until the bomb issue comes along (or at least I think so… GFed soldiers can’t even handle a group of dark splinters…)

They both want to survive… :smiley:

And… on the issue with wolves. Wolves have claws against our hands, but we can create guns. The pirates still haven’t figured out that laying missile expansions, energy tanks, save stations, and other goodies around isn’t a good idea. They aren’t going to make any revolutionary weaponry.

Bad BAD KamagaLegends! :whack:
You just debunked your own argument :laughing:

There’s no proof at all that the Pirates want to survive… they just want to take over the univerese. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s no reason to believe that the pirates left around Chozo battle suit-compatible missiles and power bombs. I think that most of the stuff you find in the games was created and left there by the Chozo, and the rest is very well protected in the Pirate strongholds. I have enough faith to believe that space pirates are not so careless as to leave pickups for Samus lying around unguarded. As for save stations, you can’t tie those into the plot at all, since they’re placed for the sole reason that they have to be in the game somewhere. I really doubt that anyone thought of a good reason for the stations to exist.

space pirate respan points.

the stupid little buggers die so often that they need more lives.

They have to survive if they want to conquer.

:laughing: Too true.

And Kamaga: What I meant was that they haven’t shown ANY signs of defending their species. The only thing they’ve done is defend the cause of conquering the universe. They don’t show that they care about their existence. I know it sounds weird, but they’re aliens, and while we have that survival instinct built in, they could’ve evolved completely differently.

But who knows? IT’S A VIDEO GAME!!! UNTIL NINTENDO SAYS, HOW WILL WE KNOW???

realy?! thats great! so ? ??? ??? ???, russian !?

edit:ok ok, dazzy,dont warn me ,i will not do like the other time

ps: to those who dont know, dazzy dont like users speaking other linguages
oh… and sorry if i dont speak russian very well too, actualy there isn’t one only linguage that i spech well XD