Could the pirates destroy the humanity?

That shows up as gibberish over here…

If you can, type in latin letters, like so: Pishi latinskimi bukvami, vot tak.

It’s cool that you know some russian, though… assuming that you weren’t just putting random russian letters :stuck_out_tongue:

On-Topic (sortof): Coolman, the reason we’re having this discussion is to SPECULATE. It’s stupid to say, “You can’t talk about anything until it’s announced.” Then there’s nothing to talk about. :>_>:

im afraid man, dazzy is terrible, lets speak only english or our corpses will never be found ,Zaravet ubezhat ,fora de vista ,shi de! and stuff like that XD

(seriosly lets stop)

on topic: what about the ing? they could rule the humanity? haah, of course they do… they beated the pirates this is logic, (well it wasn’t the true pirate army but…)

Well, we’d have no way of fighting them in the dark world so…

How do we know the light world is identical to our world? :stuck_out_tongue:

would be pretty cool see the dark earth XD, imagine see a dark version of your room, in my room for example,instead of zelda posters i would have… FINAL FANTASY POSTERS BLAAARRHH hehehe

humans would suffer to breath in the dark atmosphere right?

As to points made… yes, the Pirate’s superiority, and our superiority over other species, comes from our mastery of tools and technology. It’s why we’re the dominant species - physically, in comparison to a wild animal like a wolf, we are poorly equipped and very weak. However, we are smart, sentient, and sapient. We can make tools. A wolf can’t stand up against a gun unless it’s smart enough - and has the appendage structure - to make a gun itself.

Wolves WOULD be the dominant species, if they had gotten the cranial enlargements we evolved and became bipedal. The same can be said for any other creature, from a fox to a dolphin to an anteater. Instead, their survival continued to focus upon strength rather than smarts, and from that comes their lacking of tools, and therefore our superiority - because we’re smarter than them.

So anyway, our point is that the Pirates are just simply better equipped - they have better tools, better weapons that we can’t compare to. They’re genetically engineered and grown in vats, trained for pure efficiency with a variety of modern weapons and bioengineered armor.

In one-on-one combat, against a human soldier, a Pirate would win without any effort. Against a squad of them? Still no effort. Against a hundred thousand of them? Then, perhaps, it would be a challenge and the pirate would possibly die.

To defeat them… we’d need a hundred thousand crack troops per Pirate.

An invasion fleet would likely consist of hundreds of thousands of pirates in itself. Each one which is so vastly better equipped than our own soldier that it would take a huge amount of our own soldiers to beat just one.

I don’t need to tell you much past that, do I?

Nukes are useless because the Pirates have undoubtedly mastered point-defense technology that can destroy any slow projectile heading their way. Their carapace is obviously too hard for even futuristic small arms to penetrate. Even if a high-velocity sniper rifle bullet could pierce that exoskeleton? We still need hundreds of thousands of snipers each with the perfect location and the perfect shot every time. I don’t see anything working.

All in all? We don’t have a chance in hell. There’s simply nothing that will work… if Pirates went back in time and invaded earth at the present moment, there’s simply nothing we could do.

Lol as if this is worth arguing… if you think we can beat Pirates without Samus try this:
Play any Metroid game.
Each time you get hit you restart the game
When you restart the game 10 tens run for 10 miles
When your battery runs out (if on portable) run for 50 miles
When your electricity bill comes in and you have double the price run for 100 miles
Sounds like it would kill right? It would kill…

call me dumb but i didn’t get it

Calls Knuckle dumb :3

No, but seriously, I didn’t understand that either. Please reiterate or elaborate.

He’s paraphrasing how it would be if Samus wasn’t around, if you were just playing as a regular human soldier or something.

GJ Jetman! Heres a cookie.

Regarding the initial question: Well, we might just find out soon. Sector Zero was at one point implied to be Earth’s zone, and it’s also the site of a massive pirate invasion for Prime 3…

Do we get to kill civies?
<.<
EAT MY POWER BEAM YOU STUPID HUMAN BEINGS!
>.>

True, we will find out what is going to happen there when the game comes out, and we have Nukes and possible new weopons somewhere.

Oh boy, a battle above/on Earth involving a shitload of Pirates and GF soldiers. Funny how they could support them as well as a new Zebes base >_>. Still, it would give enough reason for the GF to send Samus on another mission (M2) but why would they send her to exterminate Metroids while there is still a significant threat posed by the Pirates? I think we’ll find a few plot-holes along the way here.

Hey wait, Earth was never mentioned in any Metroid game to date. I smell plot-hole one.

Well, in regards to the initial question (on-topic), I believe that the Galactic Federation must be able to beat the Pirates. From what we know, the Space Pirates are extremely powerful and influential, but they cannot be contained because they use guerilla tactics. This method of warfare seems too point to a less-than-impressive main army (hence their attempts to gain every possible advantage such as Phazon and the Metroids). Since the GF is spread throughout a rather large portion of the galaxy, I believe that it could crush the Pirates on a one-on-one battle.

Now, of course you’re going to say that the human race is only one part of the GF. Well, if GFHQ seems to be run by humans, they must still be the most powerful/influential species there.

Earth has been mentioned plenty of times. Hell, K2L is a colony in our solar system.

Also, they don’t KNOW there’s still a pirate thread. Zebes “2” was an unknown base until Samus chased Ridley down there.

Daz is right earth was mentioned In the story of metroid, Metroid is base with are solor system and the rest of the Milki Way Galaxy, With just some Made up planets.

Sorry if I’m a bit oblivious to this fact, but when and where exactly was Earth mentioned?

I think he meant implied, other than mentioned.