Elfen Lied

buffering

wait a sec or two christ >_>

still buffering…
i got like 3 seconds of play between these buffers ;D

epic fail, sounds like you’d be better off using a phone cord and real dial up >_>

i know right
it doesnt help that impatient from using highspeed
it was like LIGHTING… on FIRE
now its just ruuning in a circle burning =[

Heh… this is probably the first time I’ve ever heard anyone cite the NGE dub when talking about superior dubs. IMO it is probably one of the worst! The VAs sound way too old, half the pronunciations are wrong (Nerv != Nerve ;_;), and don’t get me started on Shinji’s screams… Megumi Ogata’s screams in EoE are blood-curdling, but with Spike Spencer’s it’s impossible to stifle your laughter.

Well that’s my overly-opinionated opinion anyway. I’ve actually never heard a dub that I’ve liked, so meh. I hear the Cowboy Bebop dub is good, though.

i like subbed anime better anyway

speaking of subbed anime, I don’t think I’m ever watching anything old that still hasn’t been dubbed ever again. Allow me to expand, I just wasted the last weekend watching School Days out of boredom and I was highly disturbed for 2 reasons
1:its based off of an H game, I did not know this (although School Days is an anime, not a hentai)
2:the ending, I won’t spoil anything but I think that all of us who watched it were surprised by the last few episodes, its almost as if the writer was replaced and the new one was unaware that H games have multiple endings. >_>

Well, all I know is that I preferred that dub over the subbed version.

Then again, that was a while ago (a couple years, I think).

I think I’ll look at it again…later. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s what I mean about the scream thing:

3rd Impact, original (scream is at ~1:15)

3rd Impact, dub (scream is at the start)

Seriously.

(And both links are a little NSFW if you continue watching past that; just a warning)

wow ._.
just wow

I definitely see your point 072, I’ve never watched Eva past episode 3 (mostly out of boredom) but the scream is definitely more blood curdling in the Japanese version

I agree, 072, I just preferred the dubbed version overall.

It probably isn’t a superior dub, but I first saw NGE in dubbed format, and it just sorta stuck.

That’s sorta my issue with dubbed vs. subbed. When I start something in subbed, I prefer it subbed because that’s how it was first presented to me. The same is true, however, with dubs as well. If I start something dubbed, I’ll usually prefer it that way.

So basically, what I’m trying to say is, no matter how much better NGE is subbed, I’ll still prefer the dubbed version because I’m a stubborn ass. :stuck_out_tongue:

NGE was good i thought.