Favorite Beam

Actually a little bit comes from the comic as well, but the metroid dind’t give her the hyper beam, it just replenished her energy. Think about it: If your “baby” (Technically she liked the hatchling as if it were her child) and it saved your life and died for you, wouldn’t you be a bit pissed at the one who killed it?

It’s also possible because Samus’s suit basically is an extention of her body, so it could react to emotions such as anger. (If she gets distracted the suit won’t protect her as said in the comics(example)).

Does anybody have scans of this comic?

http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/sm/comics.htm

Well she’d definitely be angry but how exactly could she supply her cannon with that kind of power focus?

Like I said, the suit is an extention of her body. Kind of like a second skin, if she senses danger, the suit shall protect her. It probibly just fed off her emotions and adreneline and powered her beam up.

Kind of like if you’re angry at someone you get this sudden rush of adreniline and then start beating the crap out of that person. The suit kind of works the same way I think.

Can we be positive without nintendo telling us?

If Aura’s sources are reliable, then Nintendo is telling us.

How do you mean?

Through the Nintendo Power comics. I don’t hold much credit to those, but they do get the basics down right. So I trust in what Samus says in the comic.

Did samus even get the hyper beam in that one? I thought she just shot the crap out of mother brain.

I don’t think she gets any upgrades in the comic. Sad to say they didn’t even use the Morph Ball, or the Screw Attack.

IMO, that means the comic is EVIL!!! and unreliable.

Eh, comics of video games, it’s…yeha…Just kinda cheap, eh?

It reeks of “get mucho money.”

Hey, the comics DID introduce a lot of things never mentioend before that are now canon. Such as, you know, the existence of K2L at all. Plus the naming of the chozo…

Well yeah but I think a metroid “History of” and dictionary, more people would buy/download/probably download.

Annihilator beam is the best. Period.

• Give one Samus a plasma beam, and another samus the annihilator beam. *

“Go!”

• First samus fire a couple shots from plasma beam *
  • Other samus starts charging up nonchalantly *
  • First samus charges up and uses flamethrower, but cannot reach *
  • Other samus launches sonic boom and the first samus is utterly destroyed *

:smiley:

How did Plasma Samus charge up first?

That’s dumb as hell and completely biased. Every self-respecting gamer knows that flamethrower is bullshit and would just fire the charge shot normally. Plus plasma beam fires through the air quite a bit quicker than the annhiliator beam so, while less all-around powerful, It could easily win a fight against the annhiliator beam if used right. I’m not dissing the annhiliator beam, I’m just saying it’s a fair fight. Or who knows, plasma beam might be better than annhiliator beam, or you might be right. All I’m saying is that you’re not thinking any credit for plasma beam, and as it is, no one’s been able to try plasma vs. annhiliator.

As for your flamethrower bit, again, it’s how it’s used.

They should make a MP1.5!!! :laughing: