Favorite Beam

What, no Phazon Beam? :stuck_out_tongue:

Too late, I hit Plasma. Because the leprichaun at the end of the sandbox tells me to burn things. >.>;

We already went over the discussion of phazon beam…

…DARK BEAM RUL3Z…that is all…:slight_smile:

Wow. Never really knew that T3H UB3R DARK BEAM RUL3Z… ST-X, you don’t need to post it twice though.

STX, WHAT for crying out loud do you like about the dark beam is my question? It’s look? It’s effect? It’s concept? Please, come on.

I was thinking that too, but I was thinking more: What, no Hyper Beam? I mean come on that beam was awesome! Samus gets pissed and blasts Mother Brain to oblivion! Plus it breaks some walls and cuts through enemies in one hit. How cool is that.

I totaly forgot about the hyper beam! That was awsome!

Yeah, there was mention of the hyper beam during the “why no phazon beam?” discussion.
I ask again, which is your favorite super-beam…
Hyper beam,
Phazon beam,
or phazon charged power beam?

I would have to go with the last one!

I would like to say that I like Ice Beam becuase of its leet sound and the way it looks. I am not saying its the best beam … but I do like it a lot, it has a nice effect.

Best beam is only a matter of opinion.

I’m sorry about the lack of the 00ber beams. I didn’t know about Hyper because I didn’t play Super Metroid and I was too lazy to put in Phazon. :blush:

I haven’t played Super Metroid, and that’s been one of the most regretful things of my life. >.>;;

No, I don’t plan on getting a ROM version of it. I was planning to save up for a SNES and a copy of SM.
Or just bug Nintendo to make a port of it for the DS or GCN… :smiley:

Super Metroid in 3D= Heaven!

Anyway you can find it for a good price on E-bay if you look hard enough.

As for my favorite super beam? Probably hyper. Only because it has a strong emotional attachment to it as well as being totally bad ass. Plus you don’t have to stand in a pool of Phazon to beable to use it.

My favorite has got to be the original phazon beam I’ve decided…Not completely sure why.

Emotional attachment?

Well if you remember at the end of Super Metroid, Mother Brain drains all your energy. Just before you’re about to die, the hatchling comes and drains Mother Brain and restores your energy. Then she kills the Hatchling and Samus gets pissed and gains the Hyper Beam as a result. So in a way she was furious because Mother Brian killed the hatchling and she gained a new super beam because of it. There’s your emotional attachment.

I dont fully remember everything bout SM … played it so long ago … but you have refreshed my memory … lol

(To bolded)

About that…

I actually found an Action Replay code that lets you use the Phazon Beam anywhere without having Phazon under your feet. You don’t run out, but sadly it doesn’t kill some enemies, like Metroids, or at least the first Metroid you face in that game. It’s able to take out Fission Metroids of course.
Sometimes when you activate the beam, your cannon might go completely black except for the blue glow, but that can be fixed by just switching to your Power Beam and re-activating it.

Anyone want the code? Just PM me. It really does work, honest!

I could’ve sworn that was one of the powers the metroid gave her when he replenished her energy.