Fourth year in Iraq?

Screw this, I throw the flag. I’m stupid and retarded. Daz and Tim wins.
But peer pressure is one thing, and international pressure is another. No friends = nothing. No international support = no trade, money, workers. So lets say that one day, the U.S. pisses of Japan. No more Wii or PS3. And lets not forget mutinous singers… Dixie Chix…

The US is rich as hell anyway. Pissing off a country or two honestly wouldn’t do it that much actual damage, though it would inconvenience citizens.

And I really think that Bush has bigger worries than a PS3… :stuck_out_tongue:

pull out

Metroid, for the last time.

Substance.

They’re going to really sanction us, aren’t they?

The UN doesn’t have enough power to scratch its own butt.

And stopping the fighting between two religions, well… good luck with that. Might happen as soon as people figure out just how idiotic they often are. Even if I was a Muslim, I honestly wouldn’t care too much over who the heir to some illiterate beggar was.

More on the point…

I think the war was started with good intentions, but on shaky evidence. But now that we are in it, the few casualties that we are sustaining shouldn’t deter us from finishing it. On “Omar the terrorist’s” side, things are a heck of a lot worse in casualty terms.

I realize that one casualty in a war feels like a million if it is your casualty, but such is war. There isn’t much to be done about it.

A few weeks ago, I saw some goofy program on the news about a kid that was killed in Iraq. I didn’t know the man and I don’t now, but the news did a special on him and made believe that America was absolutely full of broken up homes thanks to this war.

I have nothing against the guy (I don’t even remember his name) but it is pretty sad that he was used to detract from the purpose that he died for. Worse than that for me is the fact that the same thing could be repeated over millions of times for the casualties in World War II. America was matched up against a powerful naval country with its own crippled Navy, and was matched up against the German army, the finest in the world in the early to mid war. Through the end, the German regulars were still every bit as good of soldiers as the Americans, or British, and leaps and bounds better than the Russians.

But I stray from the topic. My main point is that this war is being blown out of proportion. I honestly have to go with the “million lives over a hundred” policy, and declare that this war is nothing compared to the conflicts that the US has endured in the past. Those who have died are certainly no different from the individuals in other wars, what is different is the number of individuals.

In summary, I think that we need to stay in Iraq. For once, I find myself agreeing with Tim :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s weird, as I read the sentence before last, I gave up trying to figure out how you were wrong, and the sentence, “For once, I find myself agreeing with MS17” popped into my head.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. =3

In my honest opinion, we have to stay there until the terrorists either get tired of trying (which may take a long time unfortuantely) or until enough of their resources are cut off and they can’t function cohesively anymore.

The fact of the matter is that we went in there, period. You can’t go back from that. And I didn’t really agree with that either. But we’re in there now so we’ve got to stick to it. Afterall, if we pull out the “government” there will simply collapse and the terrorists could possibly gain control. We can’t back out now: the hook is in too deep.

MS17, there are stuff dedicated to people broken up in the war IN IRAQ. Time usually have pictures and articles on those. However, I think that this ZOMGZERZ! Les bash dem amerikan kidz kuz we hat bush lolz! is kinda unnecessary. Those kids lost their parents, and they are not liked by people like me and you, because they are on the American side. They didn’t want their parents to be killed and would have done anything to have their parents back. I give my respect for them.

I honestly don’t understand what you are trying to say.

Conjugation is key :confused:

What I think you are saying is that there is a number of broken up homes in Iraq due to the fighting there, and that those people are going through bad times there. If that is what you meant, then I agree with you. What I meant in my statements earlier is that the World has been through times much worse than the ones we are in right now.

i sed dat we shuld giv mor respekt 2 de amerikan kidz hu had deir parents killed.

P.S. Hooked On Phonics worcs 4 i!

Knock that off.

That’s what she said.

Anyway, MS17, he was saying that some of the media actually does something to help with the war.
Which is kinda false, but whatever.

Oh, SNIPER, for future reference, MS17 isn’t a democrat. So your “zomgzers” remark was, in addition to being highly unsophisticated, a badly aimed shot. MS17 wasn’t bashing the kids, he just realizes that a human life is a human life, and whether it’s an Iraqi life or an American life doesn’t matter.

ZOMGZERZ! I’M NEITHER A STRONG REPUBLICAN NOR A STRONG DEMOCRAT! zomgzerz HAS NO MEANING WHATSOEVER. THAT POST WAS NOT ATTACKING MS17’s! I WAS JUST SAYING I BELIEVE THE KIDS SHOULD GET A LITTLE MORE RESPECT THAN WE ARE GIVING THEM RIGHT NOW! Timaster seriously, you need to lay back on the trigger. I have no clue how you are interpreting my posts, but you seem to see every one of my posts as direct attacks towards the original poster.
BTW, I’m watching a WTTW show on the war… it looks horrible. People are forced to leave their homes because the U.S. soldiers want to build an outpost.

There is not one place on god’s blessed earth where that isn’t an attack at the original poster.

If that was a bash, that was meant for everyone, not just MS17

Kay this may be considered somewhat off topic but. . . A lot of people asked me why I think the war will kill the USA, well because it cost’s them 1 000 000 000 dollars a day to occupy Iraq.

(wondering where I was for a week? well I was off the coast of Victoria on the “Pacific Grace” for S.A.L.T.S.)

And yet it WAS meant for MS17. Even if among other people.

Syntax Man, I never thought I’d agree with you, but you’re kinda right =o
The national debt of 934658134673945738951350987 does hurt the US, and since we’re falling from superpower status anyway…
I mean, we’re not gonna die, but that might speed up our ascension to mediocrity (that doesn’t even make sense, but I hope you know what I mean >_>)

We have enough money in our reserves to easily pay back every bit of debt we have. Might have even been up to threefold, IIRC.

That’s just propaganda BS there.

You do know we’ve had debt since like 1940, right?

Fun tidbit.

If you’re talking about secret money stowed away by the government, you’re right.

If you’re insinuating that they should use it to pay off debt, you’re wrong. I mean, why would you care abut debt when national security is more important? Or perhaps something even more important we don’t know about? You never know.

The war in Iraq is just one jumbled mess that only serves to make the US look even more pathetic. We have to do what we came to do and then haul ass. But the key is that we’re burning time and money on it, nand no matter how little it affects the government it affects us.