Fourth year in Iraq?

Do you know why that is? Because paying it off isn’t important.

I’m not a Democrat right now or a Republican. I’m just for whoever honestly supports the things that I care about. Which doesn’t have too large of an impact, given that I can’t vote yet…

As has been said, we could pay it back, but no force in the world is up to forcing us to do it. And, there are more important things to be done with the money.

And I agree with GL. We need to put some more troops in the Middle East. Rumsfeld wouldn’t admit that he was wrong, and would not put more men in there. If we put a larger occupational force in there, the terrorists who are now bold would largely be too afraid to fight us.

In World War II, the Germans knew that, and kept territories that hated them under firm control for years. Obviously, some German tactics are not feasible in the occupied Middle East, but if we took from their examples, and put in a sizeable occupational force, we would be much better off.

I do know this, the US is soon gonna do something absolutely retarded soon, like attack north Korea and make the same mistake as Hitler by splitting it’s forces cause we all know that wen Bush picks his nose he says “hey I can touch my brain”

This is an interesting topic. Iraq is definitely a hot point for news, as many people seem to be angry and/or happy about it. I personally find the whole thing rather confusing. American civilians are attacked by terrorists from Afganistan because they hate Americans as Americans are apparently arrogant obese assholes who think they’re awesome because they can blow the world up eight times over. That’s the naughty terrorist view. So in order to show that not only will they not tolerate that kind of unethical and explosive treatment, and to show that America is the best country, they start shelling Afganistan, and then in the middle of that suddenly decide that Iraq may potentially have WMD’s, so they should bomb the crap out of them as well, killing large quantities of civilains in cojunction with the satanic Saddam Hussein, who’s evil plans included killing babies, puppies, and patriotic Americans. He was also teamed up with Osama, and the Koreans, and they planned to create a new super army and nuke the U.S. to radioactive slime. At least, that’s how it came across to me. Personally I think the war was started for good reasons, but eventually became a useless power trip in order to force our type of government on another country. France is considered cowardly fools because they didn’t support the war, Britain is…well Britain, and as for everything else? Who knows and/or cares?

(P.S. If their is a massive debt problem…can’t they solve that by collecting the debt tons of other countries owe America, from WWI and WWI and who knows how many other times America poured money into other countries that they haven’t gotten paid back for.)

This is hard. But remember that I see this as a swedish citizen, not as an american.

Fist of all. Religions are crap. The muslims will continue to kill each other no matter what. It will only stop when one of the parties has been wiped out. And the surviving will then find something else to hate.

Second, Invading Iraq was wrong. And now the world hates you even more. I still do not get why one would invade another country to get cheaper oil.

From what I read in your posts, it looks to me that we must be talking about different things. There is nothing that looks like a war in Iraq. Would you try to defent your country if you were invaded?

Oh wait!.. it is not your country. You guys stole it, killed the native americans and put the few remaining ones in “indian reservations”.

Tim, I’m just gonna ignore all your “i hate sniper” replies from now on. Butch, you are right. Your post epitomizes the anti-American feeling that runs rampant throughout the world.

I believe they have a verb for this. Hustling?

What is this “mediocrity” that we are trying to avoid?

I agree, another thing he forgot was that the USA separated from England with the gun. Whereas we (Canada) separated with the pen. Who do you thing England still holds a grudge against? But invalid points aside the thing with the Muslims is all too true, but still the US should stay out of it, Saddam Husein is dead the US should pull out.

>_>

Now you’re bringing something that happened over a hundred years ago into this?

The reason that that didn’t work for Germany was this. Number one, Germany was fighting three powerful nations- Britain, the US, and Russia. Germany was more powerful than Britain and Russia, and likely more powerful than the US as well (in the early war). Number two, Hitler, of all people, was leading Germany. Hitler wasn’t even intelligent enough to send good winter equipment for his troops in the start of the winter of 1941, causing the Germans to be at a large disadvantage when winter came. In the warm months early in the War, on the other hand, the Germans outmatched the Russians by a huge margin. Even as the Soviet human waves pushed them back later in the War, the Germans inflicted huge casualties on the Soviets.

For the US, splitting our forces would work fine, assuming that we would raise a reasonably sized force to split in the first place. For minor conflicts like in the Middle East, not too much war effort is required. If we were to fight a nation, like North Korea, that has a moderate sized but poorly trained army (cough Soviets cough), then it wouldn’t be much of a strain at all, as we’d be settling squabbles in the Middle East and battling a fairly weak nation at the same time.

Hardly multitasking on the same level as fighting three superpowers at once.