Free samus engine!

cool, im working on a spritesheet, the figure of the main character is like samus’s, so i am using fusion’s spritesheet, and changing them (i actually draw each one myself, its just that this way i can keep up with which sprites i need). have fun! :smiley: my engine will take awhile since i have to make my own sprites, but after that, it should go a lot easier! :smiley: anyone willing to help out with sprites, please tell me, if nobody wants to, than i have no problem with it :smiley:

why dont you get a sheet from the shyguy kindom they have a whole mess!
go there the link is: www.tsgk.captainn.net

im making sprites of my own (you aim with the mouse, so i have to make my own sprites for this one period) i have to seperate the main character sprite into 2 halves

ahhhhh i see…

also, while making the main character, i noticed the engine is very similar to castlevania (the bottom and middle of character, havn’t nearly finished all 64 of the top half sprites), im going to copy it and place alucard in there, and release it so somebody out there can put a decent castlevania together maybe.

I am sorry smartdude47 but i cannot come to these forums anymore…Someone really pissed me off and are taking me for granted…i will still continue MP2E 2D however but at least not for so long…Good luck on the samus engine… :cry:

:frowning: bye

I’m not sure who it was or what they said/did (it wasnt me was it?).

But you have to consider that you havent provided any proof of concept or engine for people to believe in you. Even just a preliminary crappy beta build will go a long way in getting people to notice you and take you a little bit more seriously, the more the better.

No offence but to simply make a game proposal and expect everyone to take you seriously is very naive.

lol, as the topic reads: “free samus engine, will be ready after outbreak”, so no there isn’t a beta ready of course, also, i didn’t ask for anyone to believe in me, or to take me seriously, for all i care, they can ignore this with all thier heard (and hopefully many will, and will instead make thier own engine), lol, so no, im not naive, i dont expect anything of anyone here, and i am experienced enough in how things like this work, that i know that regardless of when it is released, it will die out quite quickly (working with someone else’s engine doesn’t help make a game, there is already one out there, and how many people directly use it?)

Not you, lol … Im talking about Serus …

I guess I dont know why Serus is leaving … but I assumed it might be more related to his MP2E 2D project rather than this.

You’re still here, you havent provided concept/engine either but you’re not leaving just because “someone is taking you for granted”.

yeah…i dont know what thats about either, lol

Its jus a bunch of complicated problems with like 3 people it has nothing to do with MP2E 2D…as you may recall i said i will continue on it…

sweet, your alive! anyway, if you ever need a betatester, email me (branmritter@hotmail.com)

good news! …kinda

anyway, i have started working on the metroid engine today, by the time today ends, you will be able to run and jump, and by midnight i should have put in the ability to hang from cliffs and such! i will post when you can run and jump for info! :smiley:

Hmm… i was just wondering. is this for the registered version of game maker??? I don’t got that one

nah, im cheap, so i use free version too! lol!

sorry, cant release today though, but maybe tomorrow, i want to get cliff in and everything, also, nobody would mind having no button that makes you shoot diagonal, right? you still can shoot diagonal, but you dont push any buttons, you have to do without (like how you run and can shoot diagonal)

??? :confused: so… let me TRY and recap what you said… there is no button that shoots diagnally, but you can shoot diagnally… how?

sorry, there is no button yet, i meant that as of right now, up until the final stages, there is no diagonal aiming button, but ya know how if you run and press up at the same time, you aim diagonal?

today im taking a break, i worked for hours yesterday just to create gravity and running, tomorrow i put in jumping hopefully.

also, this should be very user friendly, instead of working in code, everything is in drag and drop, and i have comments, though i dont know why you would want to change anything when im finished (i am only providing for samus, and a few example enemies, also, i have my own means to see if someone is “worthy” of having the metroid engine before i finally put my signature code into it (so i always get credit, lol, thus you dont need to mention it unless you really want to)…now…instead of morphball…maybe you could roll around as my head (jk)

MYSTERY SOLVED!!! Well smartdude im back in the game!! I can help you now with the engine :slight_smile:. About the misunderstanding with my problem with 3 ppl sorry if i may have “hurt” you guys in any wya.

haxxor? :confused:

awsome smartdude! i know what you mean now by the run & up thing.

sounds like its going along good. thx for the update