Gamemaker Help

I wanted to make “my” Metroid game for a while and then I was floating around the internet and heard about gamemaker. I typed gamemaker and got to yoyogames . com and it brought me straight to a download. I downloaded it, I’m using the “light” version, and I have no idea what the heck I should be doing. As I said…this is metroid styled and all I really need to know is how I could actually make one room. And of course…play around in it. Since I’m going to Egypt in two days there isn’t much I could get done for the whole game. So yeah…help…please :cry:

As with any program, you should just play around with it until you have the basic feel of it.

Surprisingly I tried that, and it didn’t work out to well >_> I don’t expect any tutorial though…

YoYoGames has a few tutorials on the website. They’re really old, from before YoYoG’s time, but I think they’ve been updated to at least work in the latest version of Game Maker.

http://www.yoyogames.com/make/tutorials

Some of them will bring you through the basics of making objects and platforms and such. You won’t find yourself making that advanced of a Metroid game any time soon, but GM is an okay place to start.

Yeah, I figured so…>_> thanks though :smiley: