GL's Image Thread

well i just finished my DS sheet…about the prime PS, u can use the normal power suit and just shade it alittle…

Then just forget I said one goddamned thing… I get the point. I know I suck, you don’t have to rub it in.

deletes a few Stay on topic, people.

Now then. No offense ,but no. That’s not even nearly the quality we need. And excuses don’t help you improve, by the way. Samus may have a thin waist, but that does not mean you can give her a huge head, deformed chest, and stubby legs and just say “oh, it’s supposed to be that way”. Fix it or don’t bother at all.

I threw up an animated Spaulding Samus, plus another animation from the side. It’s up on the initial post and here for those too lazy to flip back to that page:

Okay. That is pretty cool. But you really don’t have the shoulders right at all. Yours just look like Samus’s with trim, his are much more cyllindrical. Also, the hand is supposed to be a different color…

Yeah, forgot the hand… >_> But I don’t know what you mean by cylindrical. Are you referring to the entire thing? Because it is, but only on the one side; the side against the body is flat, you can look at the right arm’s shoulder and see the surface. looks at sprite again aww shit. You mean the one from the side? Yeah, I basically took Samus’s shoulder and used it for size comparison. Looks like it’s exactly the same size… <_< Ok, I’ll definately work on that one. Thanks Daz.

And here’s something new: I have a really old computer game that goes by the name “StarGunner”. It’s a 2d sidescroller using sprites AND 3d pre-renders, rather simple ones too I might add. I loved every minute of this game, and you know what? This would be easier to do than a Metroid type game. I’ll be fiddling around with GameMaker and AC3D for a while. If you want to see what I’m talking about, 3D Realms miraculously still has its site up! It’s here!

EDIT: Alright, Game Maker is a pain, especially since I have no clue what to do. I tried to make a basic engine and I even screwed that up <_<
Anyways, I instead fooled around with AC3D with some surprising results. First of all, I know it isn’t exact with the game’s ship, but thats because I want it to be my own. Second, my texturing skills are poor but I managed to make some lines >_> Try to rate and review gently…

Nice. For your level of skill, your projects are great.

Thank you for the complement!
Once again, I got bored, so…

Yeah, Made the title and found an old space bkg. How is it?

Cool. Can’t wait to see lasers and stuff. If you make them.

Funny, I just realized that there are few lasers in the game :neutral_face: Tho only lasers you get are… well, technically one weapon, a twin-barreled laser cannon that fires backwards and forwards…

Ok, back on topic, I haven’t been working on this much lately, so I don’t have much. What I do have is a new diorama featuring my two latest engines:

On the far left is the default engine (the engine you start with at the very beginning of the game), the middle is the trademark tri-engine that’s been edited and is much more detailed than the one further up this page. The last is called a hydrogen ioniser. Basically it’s one huge engine giving you crazy thrust forward, up, and down, but poor thrust every other way. Sorry if it looks poor, there wasn’t really any detail to it anyway :unamused:

BTW, I’m not sure how to make the weapon discharge and engine thrust since the ones in the game were sprites. This means that in order to make them on the models, they’d probably look poor, but if you guys want me to try, then sure, I’ll go for it :wink:

Sorry about the lack of updates, everyone. I was studying for a scholarship test that I finally completed today. (woot!)

Anyway, I made my own StarGunner craft. Currently, there’s nothing but the engine exhaust for the tri-engine and default engine (both going up and down, too). I wanted you to see it in motion, but GIFs are really hard on me. This will look very sucky but trust me, when you put the bmps through GameMaker, they look great. (if you are offended and or sickened by horrible flashing lights, avert and cover your eyes immediately >_>)

Please note that I have both going up and down for this too. Also note that the speed is wrong, it should be about 2-3 cs faster.

Ok, I didn’t want to remake an entire thread just for this, so I decided to omega bump my old thread. Behold:

I’m working on a Star Craft Marine model, and so far this is the result. It’s a C-14 "Impaler’ Gauss rifle. The in-game gun is too small to even look at and the cut-scene gun is usually too dark or is cut off at the back. Plus I felt like making it more “realistic” by adding a clip, sight, firing pin, and a small maintenance hatch for good measure. SO, it isn’t the same, but I think it looks ok. What do you guys think?

Oh, BTW, I don’t have the holes on the barrel because I find them impossible to cut out and the idea with the clip is that it goes almost entirely inside the gun, the small bunty piece the only thing sticking out. So far, it includes some major, yet un-neccissary, detail. This includes a fully bored barrel and open clip and shell ejector. I’m currently working on the never-seen 9mm spine rounds to shove in the gun just to be fair. Yes, yes, I’ll get to the texture soon enough. And does any SC fan here know what’s the point of that huge tube below the barrel?

Wait… you created madnesss combat? AWESOME!!!

Whoa, hold on there. Read it more carefully: “sprites of the flash animation.” I just made my own sprites, I never said I made the animation. That kudos goes to Krinkels, he’s the one, not me. Plus that’s old news :stuck_out_tongue:

Ironic how nobody seems to care about 3D models around here, eh?

Well, I finally got the flash dampner holes down and I did a premature texturing job, just to see how it looks. This is what I got:

Now, I figured that one picture wouldn’t make any of you care, so I put it into a view that resembles a FPS game. If I went through with it, I could make a Duke Nukem 3D-like game with models like these:

Once I’ve perfected this, I’ll go on to making the hands, arms, and shoulders, and from there the rest of the suit. I shot for more “accuracy” with this one; if you didn’t notice, it’s alot different from the first version. Hey, Dazzy, how does it compare?

You are geting better and better… Looking really good. :smiley:>

<__<;

It’s looking great!
I actually love 3-D models, I just never saw this thread. Hehe… keep up the good work!