halo 2d

i like the way you think. i was thinking an odst also!

but the spartans are a good idea. there is a lot thats not told…

space warfare would be awesome, but how would we do it?

Hm. Well, there are several ways. We could make the player a Longsword Interceptor pilot and have the player fly around killing Seraphs, taking out Pulse Laser and Plasma Torpedo turrets on Covenant Capital Ships, and bombing Covie ground targets…we could have the player captain a Frigate or somesuch, having to fight against CCS…or we could make it sort of a real-time(or turn-based) strategy game, where the player is in control of multiple Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, Carriers, and Longsword Interceptors and has to defend and attack against a similarly sized Covenant force…or we could even let the player be part of a boarding party, having to go in a Pelican or something, break into a Covenant ship, and fight their way through it. Any of these ideas could be reversed, with the player being a Covenant instead of Human.

Once we decide what kind of game this will be, graphics can be designed and made. I have limited 3D knowledge and am rather profficient with 2D art, so when we decide, I’ll go ahead and try a sample graphic.

i kinda like the strategy part… AND it could be 2D, which is what you said you are better at… OR, maybe we can find a way to combine that and 2D sidescrolling action. if thats at all posible… what do you think we should do?

btw, whoever said that they know the halo storyline, i do too, so i can help with that

To answer your Halo: Blood Covenant questions:
Halo: BC was cancelled because Microsoft found them and decided to pull their plug. So the team moved to France and started Halo: Zero. Seeing how they got the boot after a workable demo, i suggest you watch carefully what you do and make everything yourself in case Microsoft starts shaking their heads.

Sniper, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Halo: Zero was made by a Frenchman with Chainsaw(the guy who made the sprites)'s permission. Halo: Blood Covenant was a completely seperate project that was NOT under the radar; MS and Bungie were aware of them and DID NOT STOP THEM.

'bout the game…I think I have some ideas for the RTS, but I can’t do much right now, company’s over.

ok.

whatya mean, company’s over?

ok, here are the sites. there are 2

http://neuropod.net/SDB/

go to customs and edits, scroll down until you find miscellaneous, and there are 2 halo sprites.

“Company’s over” means that I had company at the house; a visitor.

Hm. I’m almost positive we can do better sprites than that, especially if we decide to do the strategy game idea, which would require overhead views.

true…

Do you have MSN, AIM, or Yahoo? It might be a little easier to talk about this insta-message.

i have a yahoo email account, but i cant get instant messenger. my parents wont let me… =(

i can give you that though… if you want it.

if its going to be an RTS, then space stuff would be the best. didnt you say you were working on a halo RTS already?

It’s a mod for Starwars: Galactic Battlegrounds, which is a real-time strategy, yes. We might be able to use some of the 3D models from that project, angling them as we want and taking screenshots, turning them into 2D images.

yeah… something like that

maybe, (in they game) you have a planet (or 2) and you have to make like a fleet of ships and stuff, and the covies will attack and you have to defend the planet.

Hm. How about this as a basic outline?

Solar map displays twenty or so different star systems, each named. Player begins game with a few of these star systems in his or her control. From the solar map interface, the player can click on a solar system owned by him or her, which would ‘zoom in’, changing the solar map to a planetary map, showing the inhabited world in whichever solar system the player clicked on. The player, once in this view, is able to construct shipyards in orbit around the planet, and barracks on the planet itself, in order to train infantry. This part of the game, by the way, would be turn-based. Once the shipyards are complete, the player would be able to construct a certain number of ships per turn, depending on how many shipyards and how large the player constructed them. As for the barracks planetside, the player would be able to construct Regiments turn-by-turn, which would then be loaded into the fleet constructed by the player. Once a fleet is constructed, it can be designated as a fleet, so that every ship can be selected at once, instead of one at a time. Once a fleet is built, the player returns to the solar map. Fleets can travel system by system, being able to initiate a Slipstream Jump once per turn. A fleet or single ship can only Jump to stars ‘linked’ to whichever star they are at. This means that each solar system would be linked to two or three others. The more worlds controlled, the more ships and infantry can be produced more quickly, and the easier it is to move about the galaxy.

Once a player’s fleet enters an enemy controlled solar system, combat initiates. A defending fleet or ship must combat the invading fleet or ship, with the objective of stopping them from getting close enough to the planet to drop troops. Once an attacker gets a ship close enough to the planet, dropships can be deployed, initiating combat planetside. Once all enemy forces and production facilities on a planet are destroyed, the world is declared conquered and then belongs to the victorious player, who can build his or her own production facilities.

This would be really fun multiplayer. :stuck_out_tongue:

that sounds sweet! would the battle part be real time? cuz i think that’s better than turn-based(at least for battle)

I suppose we’d have to work that out during the creation process, but aye, real-time would be fun.

ok!

now, what should we start doing first?

Programming. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will help out since I’m not working on my fangame so what do you want me to do?

um… im not sure. heck, i dont even know what program we’re using…

you know, we need a name before we do anything else. Maybe… Halo: Conquest

there are 2d halo games check halo zero