halo 2d

Tom, please don’t be a retard. Halo Zero has already been mentioned three times in this thread. Read a thread before replying.

And welcome! :smiley:

i could help with spriting. check out my thread for some examples of what i can do.

im worth shit at programming, so dont even ask me to get near that.

ok, i wont

Ok:

1.) The galaxy map system has already been used with much success (ala Empire at War).

2.) If this even passes the alpha stages, there is no way in hell it will be as complex as you say it will be.

I ne’er said the Galaxy Map idea was new. In fact, it’s a LOT older than EaW–try Emperor of the Fading Suns, which is something like eight years old.

yeah. but what about a name?

Worry about names later.

If you don’t have a name, you don’t get attention. If you don’t get attention, you won’t finish the game. Look at most of the other fangames here and see for yourself.

The name is the least important part of the game. If we have a good game, we’ll get attention, and screw the name.

if u had a link on P2D at affiliates, and you put “really cool game” on it, noone would come. its just common sense. like a book. if the name is catchy, people are more likely to pick it up rather then pick up “the four hunded species of bees from a to z”

hence, a bad name = no attention and a good name = lots of attention.

exactly.

That doesn’t change the fact that the name is the least important part of a game. It can be come up with later, after the game is made or during production, but it isn’t something that takes a great deal of time or consideration. “Halo 2D” is catchy enough, if the game turns out well.

i found out that there already is a halo 2d.

And?

well, i didnt look too much at it. i was looking at sprites to recolor.

my advice is to work on the game, and not to worry about the name, MAKE THE GAME GOOD! whatever you do, dont rush it, and make sure it is perfect before releasing it, once you create the game, then the name will stand out to you. book writers dont start a book by thinking up a name and then going from there, they write the book, perfect it, and then one inspirational part of the book stands out and becomes a title, which encompasses the book, and will stand out to the reader, its a little different, but same basic concept. if you need an example of a game that was rushed and not perfected, try morton’s game (no offense morton buddy), and once a bad game comes out, every update you make to it will not matter, it should be a hit win it first comes out, not a turd, then a turd with sprinkles, etc. untill you get to a good game, make it good at first, then package it with a name and such!

ok. what prgram should we use?

All i can say is…WOW
so many people are making halo 2D
i hope this 1 turns out good

hmm…well, there not extremely fast, but they are taking it one step at a time and they have numbers, also, i recommend using visual basic, it will take a while to learn, but it will totally be better in the end than gamemaker, trust me, gamemaker has some limits on it that visual basic doesn’t

idiot filtered version: use visual basic