HLSS/HLDJ

Anyone heard of it or used it? I am currently using HLDJ on account of: I don’t have to bind every fucking key on my keyboard to get my songs played :3

basically if you haven’t heard of em both of these programs let you play music over the microphone system of Half Life and Source related games. I only have songs but i’m planning on getting some fun sound clips too. For any of you that hate it, I don’t spam it like some of the more obnoxious people that use it. I always make sure the players want to hear something before i play it :slight_smile:

HLSS/HLDJ

both of them do -basically- the same thing but they work a little differently. With hlss you select your song by pressing a key bind and press another key to activate playback. On hldj, you use the console and commands that are included with HLDJ to navigate your file folder and select the current song you want. Then, you press a button to play back. Both have their drawbacks, I already mentioned the HLSS one, but HLDJ has to be used to start your game, so that’s kinda annoying, not to mention you have to navigate through file folders which could result in your death during a quick-paced match or fight.