I Sprite Things

I pixel’d something for the first time in practically three years.
Rip it up, please.

Oh, and uh, how have you been? =D

Too lazy to find my old art thread. This is my new one.
I’ll change the title later.

Feel free to rip it up even if you’re not Daz.
It doesn’t matter as long as you’re brutal.

Name changed.

thats…very good :smiley:
The upper arm just seems a bit fat and the lower left arm seems a bit skinny. And the shoulders seem kind of small too. But excelent shading and palet choosing, it looks great :wink:

Okay, I cheaply moved some pixels around to try and see what you were talking about. The two you should be comparing are the gray scale ones in the middle, on the bottom.

I thought I preferred small shoulder balls, but big ones look nice too. I just felt like they’d get in the way if I wanted to have her face another direction. I’m not trying to be true to any specific rendition of the Varia Suit, so I’ll pick my favorite later.

I’m having a tough time trying to get the upper arms looking the way I want. I tried pushing everything a bit higher. I’m not sure if it’s any better though… They’re one of the spots I really don’t like. They seem to look too pillowy no matter what I do. Still working on them. As for the left arm… Well, I kind of liked it when it was thinner, so I’ll wait for a second opinion. I made it wider anyway.

Ignore the Power Suit. It’s coming out mostly terrible. D:

Thanks for the compliments, and the critique.

No problem! I’d help you understand the things I meant if I messed with it a little…only with you permission though :smiley:
And you are quite wrong about the Power Suit, it looks great. Appears very metallic, once again, great use of colors and shading.

I don’t know, I think I accidentally fixed it thanks to you. I didn’t stop redrawing the upper arms until I got something I was satisfied with. I think they looked really messed up partly because I initially drew them at the wrong angle. I also redrew the lower arm. I’m not sure if it’s wider, but I took out some clutter and it at least seems a bit more fitting. I think. Better?

…It scares me that I could probably make the shoulder balls bigger even bigger without them looking weird. I might actually go with the bigger ones if I can make the glowing green dots look cool enough.

Also if you don’t mind, I’d like to finish playing with it before anyone else gets a chance. <_<

Of course I don’t. And if I did, I’d be an ass. And much better, just push the shoulders in one pixel, and make the upper arms a LITTLE thinner. It’ll be prefect

You win.

Good to see you posting again Luminous! You’ve done excellent work on the torso. However:
The limbs look a bit stubby and the head too wide. Mainly proportion issues: the lower arms should be slightly longer (1-2 pixels), the pelvis slightly higher (3-6 pixels, and the thighs longer, the lower legs slightly longer). She still seems a little broad though. I’ll make an edit if it helps.

OMG its this guy, and its the Metallic Grey Suit

do do do do do do do do do do do do dooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kind of glad to be back. I’ve been lurking on and off for a while. I wanted to help with those artifacts of the month or whatever you guys call it, but I wasn’t confident enough in my abilities …This is better than I thought I can do. I’m honestly glad I got off my butt to try something.

Thanks for the compliment. I agree that she looks looks a bit too wide, and considering I was going for something more slender than outright tankish, that’s probably bad. The thing is, I don’t want to make her any taller because the resolution is already pushing it, and I don’t want to remove any detail from the torso by making it narrower. I tried to take what you’ve suggested into consideration though, and I think it looks better. What do you think?

I don’t mind if she looks a little too broad. I’m not trying to make anything that parallels any official art or anything like that, and if I can push myself to make a small sheet, this wouldn’t be a frame people would see very often anyway.

Big empty space in the middle was something I was doing that I don’t want you to see.
Still can’t make the Power Suit look like I want.

Hey, working in metallic gray helps me out a bit.
I have no color sense, so I handle the colors once I’m done with everything else. =(

Okay, I’m kind of done with it, anyone who wants to can feel free to draw all over it.
I’ll try not to hurt when you come up with something better looking than I could have done.

I hope this helps you. I still thinks the legs should be longer though…

Very Awesome. Better than my crate… :smiley:

I see where you’re coming from, but that’s not really where I want to go with it. … <_<
I’m more concerned with shading and stuff.

You’re crate is pretty awesome too. =]

Uh-oh, looks like Rundas has some competition.

And why is DS so big?

Not until I can understand what kind of ridiculous shape the Hazard Shield is supposed to be. I can’t get those things to look right at all. Rundas’s sprites are awesome, and they’re also at a more usable resolution… I’m not sure I could handle a sheet full of this Samus. =P

Also, she is that big, apparently… Do we spoiler tag things here?

Wow. that’s insane.

Hey Luminous could you carry on that Spire? Oh and I still love the Kanden :3

clears throat
anyway…
just kidding…I most certainly do ;]
just kidding again…Reaver wins

Dont give up rundas, you’ve done EVERY samus. :smiley:

fix’d