LINK VERSUS SAMUS!!

I wonder why everyone forgets about the Mirror Shield… :sweat:

we are talking about te two of then powered armed right? or we are talking the classic orange armor samus and green clothed link?

powerd armed!

I think Samus would just need to boost into Link and he would die (if she had the boost ball from echoes.) look at the GF troopers in echoes… I pwned them all with the boost ball.

Of course, she’d have to HIT him first, and he could always shield it or sidestep or backflip over it or smack it away or take the hit and use a fairy or use Farore’s Love or one of about 5392859023 million other solutions. Plus it wouldn’t be a one hit kill most likely anyway. The GF troopers were zombies and weakened…

Guys, seriously. Cut that shit out. “LOLOL SAMUS WINZ CUZ ___ KILLS LINK IN 1 HIT!!!” is not a valid argument in the least, and is getting really annoying. Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not just being biased and saying you can’t think Samus will win. But almost every post for her thus far was like that, and that is neither true nor valid.

I guess that proves that all metroid fanatic’s are pretty retarded…

umm…your name is…ahh nevermind…

i’m pretty sure link’s sword could NOT slice through samus’ armor. While link is going to town, trying to slice away at samus, doing about 35 damage each hit, all samus would have to do is charge up and super missile him.

and besides, ness could pwn them both >_> <_< runs

1–If a random spike-shelled bug can hurt her, I’m pretty sure a finely edged magically enhanced sword of doom can hurt her a hell of a lot more.
2–Again. Mirror shield, rolling dodge, fairy, Farore’s love, etc etc etc.

Yes, that is the joke. :unamused:

yeah i know… samus is alot hotter than link though… so she ALWAYS wins :wink:

You know, that didn’t make any sense. BTW, I noticed that 100% of the people here that says “Samus wins” forgot that Link can actually MOVE, or SHIELD HIMSELF.

ok time to be serious. i’m gonna list all samus’ weapons, and how link can defend against them, and will do the same with link.
ok, let’s do this.

BEAMS and Charge combos
power beam: mirror shield

charged power beam: mirror shield OR if he’s fast enough, he can hit it back with the master sword.

Missile/Super Missile: Link could use his shield, but would still recieve damage and be knocked back. Nayru’s love would defend against it, but link would still be knocked back (undamaged of course)

Wave beam: link could use his regular shield for this. if you’ve ever seen the back of it, it’s wood and i’m guessing the strap he holds it with is leather (or at least you would think it would be.) this also applies to charged wave beam and wavebuster

Ice Beam: a fire arrow would work nicely, or he could use his mirror shield.

Charged Ice Beam: Same as regular Ice beam.

Ice Spreader: I’m pretty sure a fire arrow wouldn’t be powerful enough, but the mirror shield would still work. Din’s Fire would also be powerful enough.

Plasma Beam: Ice arrow or mirror shield.

Charged plasma beam: see above

Flame thrower: ice arrow is useless, but mirror shield would work.

Light Beam: mirror shield. applies to charged light beam and sun burst.

Dark Beam: no way link can reflect this with his shield (you can’t reflect darkness) Light arrows would work.

Charged Dark Beam: see above

Darkburst: no way a light arrow could mess this up. of course, nayru’s love would always work, but link would be knocked back. also, link would have to have the spell cast in advance, because he wouldn’t be able to cast it fast enough if the darkburst was coming at him.

Annihilator (sp?) beam: no idea…

Charged annihilator: see above

sonic boom: if link doesn’t have NL (sick of typing it) cast already, this would hurt…alot…

OTHER
Power Bombs: would cause MASSIVE damage against link, unless he has NL cast before hand.

regular bombs: wouldn’t do much damage, so why bother

boost ball: link could jump/ sidestep

screw attack: would do decent damage, and could probably go through NL.

OK, now, with samus out of the way, it’s time for link.

Sword: samus could easily dodge.

Arrow: dodge or shoot at it.

F Arrow: Ice beam

I Arrow: Plasma beam

L Arrow: Dark beam

Din’s fire: run

Bombos: no way to avoid

Ether: see bombos

bombs: dodge

boomerang: dodge

hookshot: dodge

i’ll do the rest later i need more mountain dew

I was thinking for some time and thougt NOBODY…
Link is a hero ,so is Samus…If u played Ocarina of time…Link can kill anything,even Ganondorf which is 5 feet taller than him…Link can block any of samuses missles or beams with his shield(especially with that secret on,sry forgot the name)…And if u played Prime 2,Samus kills a
80 feet tall monster,Link can Kill that monster too,so can Samus with Ganondorf…Thay are The same…it would be a draw

Ok, how often can you cast that whatsit love thing? (sorry, never saw it in the games I played…)
And also, since Samus is limited to Prime series, is Link limited to certain games? If not, it’s relatively unfair… because I’ve seen things from Occarina, Majora, and Link to the Past here, and probably from some games I haven’t played, too. If he IS limited, then… yeah, sorry.

edit: Since I was absent for a couple of pages, I missed the comment Dazzy made against me… 1. Link is awesome, I like his series as much if not more then Metroid, I always use him in smash brothers, almost never use samus, and I anticipate Legend of Zelda games ten times more then Metroid games.
2. I said at the end that I couldn’t think of any more advantages to Samus… and, fine, the fire thing was rather idiotic.

I am NOT A SAMUS FANBOY, DAMNIT!

… yis.

And Silvart, Mirror shield could also block the Annihilator beam, it’s charge, and possibly sonic boom. Not sure… And possibly knock back sonic. Maybe… And of course he could always dodge, if he’s fast enough, and sees it coming. (Like, say, Samus stops and takes the time to charge the annihilator? Pretty big clue…)
And Link also has the Ice and Fire rods, magic dust, etc, if he can use Link to the Past items.

sound cannot be deflected by a mirror. AND on a side note my name is SIVART! WHERE DO YOU SEE AN “L”!?

Alright, after reading everthing here, I can say it would be a draw. Well, both Link and Samus have almost the same weapons/powers, and each one can defend against the other’s attacks, so… A draw. And I guess we’re talking about fully-powered Samus and Link here?

DIFFERENT THINGS(Zelda dont hav connection between games accept windwaker-OOT)

isn’t annhilator beam the opposite of sound…, but i can mistaken

The annhilator beam is the product of an ongoing reaction between matter and antimatter. Basically, anything, no matter how strong or thick can be destroyed by it. This is the scientific explanation they give ingame. It probably would be reflected by the mirror shield though!!! It is not the antimatter, or the matter that it fires, it is the photons released from their mutual destruction. Note, I said DESTRUCTION rather than DISINTEGRATION. Particles are actually destroyed by it, and converted to light! From what I can tell, there is only one way the annhilator beam can be light and dark within the realm of science.

The annhilator beam uses the dark energy to create a mini-black hole inside the shot, and the local gravity keeps the photons re-fusing and splitting in order to preserve the antimatter and matter from being destroyed by the matter in the atmosphere.

In other words, anything touched by the annhilator beam gets a hole blasted in it equal to the total mass of the shot, so more charge, more boomy.

Think of it this way, it is like an acid that eats through anything, magical or not.

That could not be programmed due to the load style and would totally destroy the core system processes of MP2.

Are you saying that Samus would win?