Metroid - Chaos Entry

Edit: Yes, his demo sucks. Yes, he fails horribly. No, you don’t need to be so goddamned rude about it. Hmph.

I believe this screenshot demonstrates everything wrong with your game. >_>

And, er, wow. And I thought my rant was mean… xD

In fact…

edit <_<;

I’ll give it a 10/10 for being able to fire a barrage of Samus’ at a frozen Nightmare. Then creating a bloody mess. Sure, it’s not a programming marvel, but it’s fun. And I like my games fun. XD

Good Job.

Edit: You’re getting a LOT of PR in the #SCU channel on Esper. I think I’ll just leave it at that.

Mwahahahahaaha… let’s try to repeat this without causing traumas… >_>

I think you missed the whole point of what a demo means.

A demo is suppossed to show how some aspect of your game works, but must feature a minimum of completeness. Having a program with 2 still images and 1 keyboard event is not a demo.

After all, I think you are overhyped, overambitious, and overconfident on this game.

I do not want to foresee in the future, but if this is what you consider to be a good demo, then I don’t think you will be going very far until you wake up to the fact that, well, it’s not.

Seriously, I hope I’m getting wrong, but it doesn’t seem you have the programming level required for this kind of project. You know, game development doesn’t require 7 years of study and a university master in vain… But that also doesn’t mean it’s something you can do on your free weekends…

Also, I noticed you seem to have no design plan whatsoever… I strongly suggest you to do one. If you can’t solve all the possible situations in your game using pseudo code in your design doc, then it’s quite guaranteed you won’t be able to do them in the actual game…

So, my advice? Stop making “demos”, :unamused: , and go make a proper design document. If you find out you can solve all the document requires, then be my guest and continue, else, I’d suggest you to drop it now, and move into something easier, to avoid spending countless time stuck, and the frustration of not getting your goals.

bleh, fine ill just get started on the levels, right now i was waiting for the animations from MetroidMaster but now since i got them i can work on the levels, ok so you wont be hearing from me for a while, ill be working on this all month and longer…
@BBX25 : huh? im getting what from where?