Metroid: Galaxy Undersiege *Shelved*

yes, that is the trick, but sometimes it don’t work right.

heres an example in GML

x+cos(directionpi/#a#)#b#
y-sin(directionpi/#a#)#b#

this gives you the orbiting x/y cordinents around a given position
#a#=deaviation from direction (180 is default cause its = to direction)
#b#=distance from center

I might need to post a better example >_>

i understand, also, the attack sequence wasn’t just one big thing? i wasn’t paying attention, i thought i just repeated the 3 attacks, regardless of health or getting hit?

yes it repeated indiscriminently, but i was thinking of the future and how i would use it in the really thing. all i had to do was type a little code and it would ramdomize

So you have absolutely the minimum A.I. required to make the boss?
BTW I saw that you have trig in your code and since I haven’t covered trig in school, I’ll leave that alone for now :smiley:

some
old
hippie

caught
another
hippie

tripping
on
acid

i can if i want, that boss will be early in the game, but i could make it a heck of a lot more complex. Think about it though, if a boss has a specific pattern of attacks, and is vunerable at the end of one attack, it is easier to kill, but if its randomized, you have to wait till that specific event happens, allowing the boss to put more bullets in the air before getting exposted to damage

edit…
wtf did that mean smart?
something to do with trig?

edit 2…
you dont need to have trig to understand this code, use it as is…just plug in the dev/distance values you want.

lol, i didn’t see how you needed trig either, but he didn’t know about trig, so that is something to remember stuff by.

look up trig things…

it is an easy way to remember the sin, cos, opposite, hyp, adj, and tan within figuring out different angles, thus trig, and thus the shortcut (use first letter of each one)

Some
Old
Hippie

Caught
Another
Hippie

Tripping
On
Acid

for the divisions to get what the other side is when limited angles and info are provided!

never heard that before, but it works. the way i was taught it is…

Oscer
Had

A
Hold

On
Aurther

than simply remember sin,cos,tan in that order

look up trig on wikipedia, they have some really dirty ones, lol! i wont even say some of them on the boards also, sorry for going off topic, but it is funny like that

also, does the randomizer work right? someone once told me it isn’t totally random in the right ways (it might start repeating or something).

i just dont like random numbers, when the first pokemon game came out (loong time ago for me…dont deny we all loved it, lol), i was in a battle, and i used some move that lowered thier accuracy, and i had no moves left, so i struggled, anyways, i always missed with struggle, and thought i would use, but the other pokemon just kept on attacking me, and kept missing! it sucked! i ran out of battieries, and it still didn’t quit by that time (i hadn’t saved in a long time…)

normaly it works just fine, but it can be programed with some control to keep it from repeating too much

major break-though in the engine :smiley: :smiley:

mini-map now working dances, sings, cries

this has been the most troublesome in the engine and i was afraid there would be no mini-map.

there are no resouces about this and the ONE a found was in GERMAN, and impossibly complex (I pulled lots of hair out).

than this morning a had a brainstorm and it worked perfectly.

I gona post a tutorial on GMC at some point to help people faceing this problem

awesome.looks awesome,plays awesome, sounds awesome, awesome

thanks for the review.

New game engine demo coming very soon that with test almost every aspect of the metroid engine.

Will feature:

-missiles
-mini-map
-morphball maze
-mini-boss
-moveing platforms (horizontal)
-major escape sequence :clap:

-elevator
-bushes…yum

good for you! nice progression!

ok maybe next week ill have the new demo out, sorta get bogged down this some stuff, but it should be worth it :wink:

Its been a while since I’ve given an update…and boy do I have a mother load!

If there where any questions about having any new suits, heres one/
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9139/samu…althsuitll9.png

This is just a rough sketch of the concept. What is it? Right now I’m simply calling it the stealth suit.

The idea surrounding the stealth suit is that some areas that you have to go through now have new advanced security systems that can detect the presents of samus if she is in her normal armour and locks down the area and dispacts security troops and drones and whatever else to respond to samus’ treat.

Enter the stealth suit, which is basically a sublayer of samus’ standard armour
with a different set of pros and cons, bringing cloke and drag into the game

Pros/New abilitises
-Undetectable by new secuity system
-Therm-optic adaptive camoflage
-Advanced Speed Boost
-Energy Sword
-Advanced Close Combat Technquies

Cons
-Weaker weapons…Beam/Missile weapons can’t charge andfire slower
-Armour weaker
-No morphball

ooh!

ahh!!!

…anyways, suit shouldn’t be that thin, cool ideas.

um…yea it should, its a sub layer of the powersuit.

I think that if you’re going to include a stealthy suit, it should still have the morph ball, or some kind of alt form, because it really adds a lot to the stealth idea. If it’ll just be crawling, I guess that could be okay, but morph ball would be preferable. Maybe a thinner morph ball without much armor on the outside.

I have to go with crawling, cause there are not the systems nor the power to use the morphball, plus the energy sig of the morphball can be detected. Anything that creates and uses sub-space systems can easily be detected by security. (a.k.a armcannon, morphball)