Metroid: Galaxy Undersiege *Shelved*

This is probably one of the coolest and most innovative fangames I’ve seen on this forum. I really want to try this engine demo. Hurry up kthnx. :3

Looks as if your Samus model isn’t dark enough. Otherwise gj!

The demo is coming! The demo is coming!
UPLOADING…

DONE!

NEW DEMO

I’m gona upload the old project before the new engine changes later to give you an idea of what it was like

old project

heres the progress I made before the new engine.

wow it must be alot better cus its 4X the size of the other ones.

I’m DLing now

uh…about that, um i relized after the upload that I loaded large song tracks and forgot to make em smaller…opps, um the file could be under 2 megs. Oh well, the Demo aent that great, it just shows how the new physics work and has a new boss

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT GREAT!?! THAT WAS ****ING AWSOME!

except you cant kill the teletubbes ;p it would be fun to roast them

the new aiming system is the best! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

lol @ Teletubbies

The demo is a pretty good example engine, I got stuck in the wall after getting hit by the cannon thing but other than that its pretty neat. The rendered sprites and the overall style mixes very well, (aside from those teletubbies but lol still).

I noticed you can shoot off their heads seperately, going to use this method on a real monster?

area damage like the teletuby heads and the boss will be important through out the game, and yes I new you get stuck if you get hit by the cannon ball repeatedly, thats what you get for not moving LOL, I said they are bugs, thats one of em.

lol you CAN kill the teletubbies… nice :smiley:

old project

heres the progress I made before the new engine.

That is kickass. But of course, nothing’s perfect so here are my criticisms:

• Samus’ other arm looks unnatural being aligned perfectly with her cannon-arm.
  • I hope there’s going to be more action sprites (shock from landing, getting hit, maybe while firing)
  • Maybe a P2D style running speed-up (instead of full speed at start)
  • The gas coming out of the gun doesn’t leave from the barrel, is this normal?
  • The device firing the laser in the menu screen looks very… undetailed… as in it’s just a few polygons…

first of all samus gains speed from start, you have to watch closely, and she skids to a stop.

The firing smoke is not normal, will be replaced, and the shot aent perfectly aligned either when it leave the barrel.

Like I said, this is the early stage of the engine and it will get better.

Thanks for the support and critiques, they keep me goin

cool, its like what i was going to do with the outbreak game (cept right mouse makes you fire missiles, while i scan with right mouse, neat little feature! :smiley: ), awesome, are you going to add scan? also, for my game, i planned on having weapons scrollable, you thought of that? it would be cool to have that in your game! awesome work! keep it up!

though there were 2 main problems

1 you need to fix jumping (i know you are already working on it)
2 things should be darker, for the atmosphere, i know you did it to show features, but darken things up for atmosphere for the real thing (you probably already know that as well, lol)

good job!

bad news, I had a major set back in the engine. Do to a power-outage while working on the engine, the file has been corrupted and the GM backup too. THe last backup that works does not have a lot of work that was in he demo, keyly the boss :cry: :cry: , I have to reprogram the boss, THAT ****ING SUCKS. The engine aent lost though (and if it where I could easily reprogram that) I will keep going foward, maybe itll be easier the second time.

Ooh, sorry about that. Looks cool!

it is easier the second time, trust me (you can also fix any unwanted bugs if you did it your first time just kinda so-so…but if you worked through it perfectly (everything is specific, you program, you know what i mean) it will just be a hasle, but it will get done)

it will be easier, but the way a program a boss is through timelines, the one that I lost had 4 timelines, it can be time consuming.

yeah, 4 timelines is quite a bit, you couldn’t fit it into a single timeline?

let me break it down, one timeline per attack sequence, for death sequence. Why, cause you get to delegate every step in the sequence, easy to intilize, easy to sort, you can terminate the sequence at an point.

Your demo was awsome! The new mouse system is great (like FPS). BTW I’ve been meaning to learn how to do that. Do you use trigonometry?