Metroid: Last Escape

the topside of the planet is mainly just swamp land
however, there are a few regions of the planet that experience a few climate irregularities when compared to the rest of the planet

on the planet there is an chozo outpost which was abandoned soon after the chozo left SR388, the outpost contained a cloaking device that was used to hide the planet from existance, however the cloaking devices power supply was located on SR388 and after the planet was caught in the blast with the BSL Research Station the power supply was destroyed, leaving the planet visible again

Wow! Amasing! Sounds like a cool game. :clap:

why don’t you add more rooms there is only 2. anyway its a good demo

the outpost’ll be a real chalenge and what about the interior or is it like MP(2) with everything pretty much on the surface

How was the outpost able to receive power from a different planet?

most things are underground

teh chozo is a very advanced technological race :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted an explanation, like beaming power through relays or something. I didn’t want some sort of excuse. It’s your game, your plot. You fix the plot holes.

i’m busy concentrating more on the game than on the plot >_>

So you’re busy making a dull, lifeless, pointless, but fun game without a plot?

I think he means that he is getting the basic engine done before working on the story. It makes since.

yeah, that’s what i meant

NEW SCREENSHOT!

Um, where’s the screenshot? I don’t see it… :confused:

Unless you are announcing it or something…

The new screen is on page 1.

^^what he said

meh, i’ve had to recreate the same room about 3 times today, doing this can get very tiring

This is a really, really good engine. You should definately turn it into a game, or at least give it to someone else to make a game with.

Why’d you bother?

I’m serious. This is ridiculously good.

Add in the rest of the animations and such, and you’ve just made yourself a two-room demo that’s better than most full games.

Even if you don’t plan on using it beyond this, you should consider maybe giving it to those who can’t code well enough to make a full game themselves.

i can’t remember, it was over a month ago, i think it might of had something to do with the rooms being the incorrect size since i had changed the dimensions of the actual size of a piece of map

also, back then i thought that this could go somewhere but obviously, i was wrong

ty for the comments :smiley:
although, i wouldn’t consider it to be better than most full games, although half of the games here aren’t well coded (no offence) they have something that mine doesn’t, better gameplay. playing in one or two rooms seems to be pretty boring to me no matter how good the game’s engine is.

Even though i don’t plan on continuing with this i don’t really feel like giving away my hard work, but if i were to give it away, i would most likely just give it to one person who can code. Because if i were to give it away for anyone to use, the fangames would begin to lack there originality since they would all play exactly the same + people who can’t code well enough will not be up to a level where they can understand the coding so it’s pointless.

It is better than most full games. Gameplay can’t really exist when you’re fighting a sprite that has incoherently repeating animations and a left-right only movement system. And shooting stuff that doesn’t react even slightly gets annoying in seconds (am I actually damaging that thing or is it immune?).

Playing the same isn’t really that much of an issue. A good control system is a good control system. I’d be perfectly happy if Every 2D Metroid game played just like the GBA ones or just like Super Metroid. Both have good control schemes, so cut-and-paste isn’t that bad. If you look at P2D, it has a different scheme, but it’s a good one.

I can still understand your dilemma, though. If you don’t want anyone to continue working on what you’ve started, that’s fine. It is your work, anyway. That demo will still stand as one of the shining examples of how a fangame should play.

If the gameplay sucks, i wouldnt bother playing the game.
My games engine is alot worse than yours. You cant summersalt
for one. You probably feel likeyour game isnt going anywhere,
which is why you should have Other people try the game for you.
Never try to test your own game. My only advise is to add more
enemies, and puzzles.