METROID MOVIE?

School is okay for me. It grows more and more tolerable every day.

Sorry but that had to be the scariest thing I`ve ever ever read :sweat:

Yeh, I hate posts like that. I try to type coherently to make it easier on everyone’s eyes. Notice how I rarely ever use emoticons.

On chat rooms and AIM, I don’t have the best grammar and punctuation. I use shortcuts like cos and dunno sometimes because I’m lazy. However, on forums I try to have proper grammar and punctuation so that what I say has some credibility and to make it easier on the people’s eyes. I mean imagine, you got a forum that has these leet speak wannabes going “OMG LOLOLZ I H4X0R J0!!!” then you have someone that types like: “Yes, I agree with what was said.” See? Makes everyone go “Wow he has better credibility than the dude that said OMG LOLOLZ…”

So remembner kids: Use good grammar and punctuation :wink:.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Uma Thermin looks like the best person to play Samus, well none of the others even come close. :stuck_out_tongue: But if its given thought it might be a great movie! (and i want to torture my friend who hates Metroid and loves James Bond!) :O_O:

can i tourture him too sure as im a fan of the bond movies/games but i also like metroid

The actress that acts in underworld, the aviator, pearl harbor (forgot her name) would be a good samus, I think.

Whats the difference between choices HELL YAH! and Yes?

Oh ye, and this thing is being developed by nintendo, as I said ( i think) earlier, and not by john woo.

Its being developed as it is the mario bross and zelda movies.

I would like an animated CG movie. And to Sloth: TEH DUBBLE POZT!

The rumors are true the movie comes out early next year

If this is really coming out, I’m going to see it. Who knows, there are those precious few video game movies that actually turn out to be good.

Like… umm… err…

That… that movie! You know… um…

Erggh… anyways. I’d really like to see Zero Mission on the big screen. It wouldn’t be just seeing Samus blast a few Metroids: Samus could easily have an inner monologue, flashbacks to her childhood with the Chozo, etc. They could change the plot without deviating from it too much, as well: stealth, communications with the Federation, avoiding Pirate patrols, taking out pirate systems…

Or it might be a whole new plot, as was previously stated several times. I wonder… something between Prime and Metroid 2: Return of Samus anyone? A minor mission? Finding a planet in termoil and finding out that someone behind the scenes is conducting it all, then defeating him and saving the planet from anarchy and civil war? Seems like something power-suited to Samus, anyways. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist. It just sounded so very punny in my mind…)

In any case, I think I’ll love to see what kind of personality they assign Samus: battle-hardened, yet enlightened? Serious? A flash of humour then and there? There are so many variants you can assign a human psyche that seeing just which one is assigned is very intriguing, at least for me. I love seeing how characters unfold as I write a story, as I read a novel or watch a good movie.

In any case, it’ll be kickass if I get to see Samus doing backflips across pirate fire and absolutely devastating a group of rookie pirates with machine precision. I get the feeling from the games that Samus is deadly competent and could lay down quite a beating.

…I thought they cancelled this movie.

Man I can’t wait this move is going to be so cool. :O_O:

I’m really hopein that this thing is for really.

After reading the “official” metroid manga, I think that it wound make a very good movie if they where to elaborate on some of the main points and expand it through the zero mission senario

EDIT…

A while back a producer bought the rights to make the movie but gave up and let the rights expire…but cheers like mad the rights were snached back up by Woo

It isn’t going to happen.

And even if it does, almost by rule, when a game series that’s been out for years finally gets a movie, it sucks a lot, and the only people who love the movie are the blinded “fans” who just wanted to see the movie made and cannot see how unfaithful it is to the actual game series or just how badly it was formed.

← Is going to be disagreed with to no end and will probably be proven wrong ten times in the same topic because they accidentally came off moronic with their post.

Good point.

That’s what I thought of Doom and it turned out to be half decent, but that’s only because there was comedy.

There’s no comedy in Metroid, so it’ll be a bad movie :>_>:

I say not a chance.

Even if it is made, they’ll probalbly pull a Starwars and mess it up.